Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@MeiChanski here are some of the things my MIL has done to me - regifted me a Christmas present I gave her the year before, regifted me a scarf her sister gave her for Christmas, walked into my bedroom without knocking when I was naked, gone through my washing unasked and without asking if it was OK (it was clean but even so who wants MIL looking at their pants! Mind you - she’s seen me naked now! ), there are many other small, annoying things she has done, she has made it very clear she dislikes me.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @KesLouise and welcome to the best thread on the forum. We're currently missing the cake crew, but they'll be back soon. My favourite cake is Somerset Apple Cake, 10oz flour, 6oz sugar, 6 oz butter, 2 eggs and 2 chopped apples. Mix in the usual cake way and bake at 180 for ages until it's cooked :)

Reactions: KesLouise

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski here are some of the things my MIL has done to me - regifted me a Christmas present I gave her the year before, regifted me a scarf her sister gave her for Christmas, walked into my bedroom without knocking when I was naked, gone through my washing unasked and without asking if it was OK (it was clean but even so who wants MIL looking at their pants! Mind you - she’s seen me naked now! ), there are many other small, annoying things she has done, she has made it very clear she dislikes me.

Weird city on the inlaw front.. I did have an ex's mother ask too many awkward questions once. Then come on rather strong..:stop:

I was accepted by my father inlaw. He was partially deaf through industry. & I had a clear diction & R&R voice.. Her mother, did enqire to the "new gentleman friend" if I had dreadlocks...
I got no idea... But they were both cool. (Both no longer with us.) but my wife's younger sister married a biker. Full metal jacket at the wedding.. :cool:

We had a registry office doo. Threw "horns" in the wedding pic.. \m/ :) the cake was shaped like a black jap import van.
Which is what I used to pick up my bride & in laws on the morning we were wed.. The decoration for the cake is in my current profile pic.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MeiChanski - I'm not a parent, but having discussed this very topic many times, in different contexts, with my OH, he states categorically that no matter who his daughter met and formed a relationship with (unfortunately she is divorced) , he'd never be good enough for her, in his eyes.

For my part, I have zero illusions I will ever measure up in her eyes, but I also have zero expectation I could. He mother passed away quite some years before I encountered her father, but I know, had she survived, I would not being in either of their lives.

In family matters, some barriers are beyond, and defy reason, and some solutions are beyond the reach of both parties. Accepting that tenet helped me out a lot in years gone by.

It's not easy, but over time acceptance sets in that it is what it is.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Any offers on what this is? A clue. It’s topical.View attachment 35320

Erm, mate, now we know what it is, it's probably not going to give a huge amount of reassurance to newly dx'd who need to stick needles into themselves...

I'm figuring David Attenborough is kneeling outside a cave, whispering quietly about how the cave gibbons of Borneo will shortly emerge..

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My inlaws both present and previous loathe me. I'd like to say it's them but its probably me. Like I care :rolleyes:

My mum always said as long as I'm happy...I assume the same sentiment went to my sisters too.
She always seemed happy I am.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Erm, mate, now we know what it is, it's probably not going to give a huge amount of reassurance to newly dx'd who need to stick needles into themselves...

I'm figuring David Attenborough is kneeling outside a cave, whispering quietly about how the cave gibbons of Borneo will shortly emerge..

Doing this since I was just about 8, it's nice to see it with a little more clarity....It was a great feeling to stick myself with a tent pole a few days after DX. I got sick of playing with oranges.. "Wax on, Wax off."

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My in laws didn't seem to really like me, but we were both always very polite to each other, but not chummy. (I think being a vegetarian back in the 70's didn't help a big part of it) but after time and they could tell I wasn't going anywhere and we were doing all the right things it became a mutual acceptance. I never wanted to cause a separation between my husband and his parents. I was always very close to my parents. But my parents welcomed my husband completely and it caused us to be at my parents a lot more than his parents. We basically only ended up at his parents for some "events" . He never ended up being close to his parents, but he was to mine. His mother is the only one still alive and I still have to prod him to visit her. We've been married now for 42 years!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone got the ninjas today so a full on day for me
FB_IMG_1561140088165.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning diabuddies, another weekend and the last day of August.
Daughter is flying off with her boyfriend and family to Cyprus today, she is so nervous and anxious about flying, never flown before in a big aircraft before, but I'm sure she will be fine once it takes off.
So just me and Pebbles cat this week.
Have great weekend folks :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

That’s the thing though. It looks scary, but a bit like spiders, it’s life and ultimately no where as bad as it may appear.
Think my next injection is now going to have Sir David whispering “and here we have a type 1 diabetic about to undertake his daily ritual” :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2