1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Comparing with Libre sensors is white noise in your current predicament, in my view.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Claire 64 ,

Welcome to the forum. What took you so long to post.

I remember those days. I was diagnosed in 76..every now & again, I still wish to go "retro" & take on the old school needle. :)

3. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Morning everyone have a good day ive got youngest grandson for a couple of hours this morning

• Like Like x 1
  4. Manfer87

Manfer87 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone has a good day ahead of them!
    @karen8967 have fun with your Grandson.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all
    Hope everyone's Tuesday is brilliant.
    Missed out by just a tadge from wearing the 5 badge today

6. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Thanks manfer87 i will im just on my 3rd coffee gathering energy

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning friends, another training session today. But diabetes is much better at 6.3. Lately sleep hasn’t been too great, I’m considering another bed, a weight blanket and extra pillows.

8. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Does anyone feel like their appetite has changed when autumn and winter season approaches? I feel like I am growing my winter body, nice and plumped you know. ;)

9. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Definitely changed, @MeiChanski, those cool salads and ice creams are just too shivery. Thinking of roast parsnips, even though there’s not yet been a frost, thick hot veggie soups and a chunk of good whole grain bread.

• Like Like x 3
  10. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, 6.5 this morning - I was low before going to bed so had a snack and must have got it fairly right! the low was caused by me not doing my jab before tea/dinner/supper and time must have got away from me as I thought when I finally did my jab it wasn't that log ago that we ate, I was wrong and should have knocked the dose back a bit - oh well the salted caramel sweet treat (that I'm sure my daughter won't miss! :nailbiting:) was nice.

11. Fairygodmother

Have a good day everyone, whether you’re training, resuscitating, knitting a 5 badge or digging out an old steel and glass syringe (much happier with the shorter, finer needles).
    Feeling I need another holiday, or a day of doing b-all. I’ve been travelling around to various orthopaedic, surgery DSN, dental appointments and even though all prognoses good, the early drives through heavy traffic make me long for a perfect body and nothing but green leaves.
    The DSN was very cheerful that my latest HbA1c is 44 but I then had to sit in the waiting room for a while to get up from a low of 3.4. That’s what can happen when this old biddy’s got out of the leaving early for work routine and makes a mess of correcting for foot on the floor. Duh. So I’ve ordered a miaomiao.
    I tried to put up a post about useful miaomiao related stuff but it’s disappeared so I guess I went to the naughty corner of the forum rules. PM me if you’re thinking of getting one.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. slip

That is blinking awesome! (how many times did I type only to delete because I knew it'd get moderated! LOL!!)

thank you for this.

13. Fairygodmother

Oh yes! Snuggly jumpers @Kim Possible, I’ve not resisted putting one on and then having to take it off again as it’s too warm. We’ve ordered the logs and had the fire going in the evening, it nearly compensates for the leaves that are starting to tumble. And the fat balls are in the holders so the sparrows are shouting and whooping like kids at a party.

• Like Like x 1
  14. slip

Sorry in our house the fire doesn't get lit until Octo.....oh! Ha! I've resisted lighting the fire it's not quite cold enough but looking forward to it!

@Kim Possible - I have no idea what you're going on about...........

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

There are some fabulous resources there.

In our CCG, my surgery is always there or thereabouts for prescribing, in terms of being middle of the road. There are two surgeries where their prescribing levels seem epic. To be fair, they are, in terms of this locale, mega surgeries, so pro rata, they may be about the same.

But, that said, prior to seeing the Endo a couple of weeks ago, I used that to check the consultant only medication I wanted (I'll spare you the details) was actually prescribed in my area, and indeed at my surgery (1 case - taken over from secondary care, I assume).

It fuelled my determination to be proactive in the consultation. I have no idea how long an NHS consultation is supposed to last, but after 1hr 20 (in two phases), I think he may have been running late. Not at all sure what the three students in the room thought of the debate.

Oh well. We have to self-advocate, non? :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fairygodmother

Ah yes, we used to wait until the end of October before we lit the fire. BUT, big but, himindoors got so carried away with insulating the house, and so loves leaving doors and windows open, that it holds in the day’s heat or cold far too well. He just doesn’t feel the cold like I do, benefit of being born and brought up in the chills bordering the Murray Firth.

17. slip

I have friends from there too, hard as nails.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Manfer87

Manfer87 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@karen8967 I know that feeling, I look after my Nephew (he's 4) a lot & he has endless energy hahaaa.
    I'm not grown up enough to like Coffee yet lol, so I get my hit from a can of Monster!!

Good luck x

• Like Like x 1
  19. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning chaps, having a study day today and practicing patient assessment skills on the Husbeast. I’ve got a digital blood pressure machine, but we need to be able to use an old fashioned manual sphygmomanometer, so a certain next day shopping site named after a South American river is delivering one today. Just need my own ECG machine now :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. slip

Does Orinoco.com do ECG machines as well then?? :smug:

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook