Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Thanks Cumbs,

My dawn phenomenon seems to have decided to turn it's curve upside down, and become a dip instead of a rise, and I have no idea why, nor how long it will last, but it's affecting the rest of the day, because I'm still working with the previous pattern.

Once I get used to this pattern, it will of course change again.

Fingers crossed for you

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Can I just say a big thanks to all the posters on this discussion for their helpfulness and honesty. I think I was getting a wee bit worked up reading other threads where many folks seemed to have almost perfect BG all day and all night.

On here however many folks seem to have up and downs on a regular basis despite putting in a lot of effort. I have probably only taken my diabetes "seriously" for past year or so, despite having it for 37 years.

I do find it frustrating that I am putting in lots of effort, weighing food, reading carbs info on packaging, eating better, making adjustments, constantly, and yet my Libre graph can look like a map of Swiss Alps.

Today, 5.6 at 7 am, 11.4 by 10.30, 8.9 by 1pm and then on s steady decline until 6.00 when I had a 3.9. Soo a wee sugar boost to get me back up so doubt back to double figures by bedtime.

So thanks to all on here for your advice and reassurances that I seem to be "normalish"

I get frustrated with other threads too where the competition seems to be ‘see how low you can go’

I see all to often that someone was disappointed with 5.0 and that it was ‘a little bit too high’

In fact having seeing a lot of similar posts I lost the plot on that thread and said that if you are on insulin and drive a car then you have to be 5.0 minimum to drive a car in the UK and if under 5.0 then you are breaking the law

A lot of folk really make me mad on that thread twining if their numbers leave the 4s and go into the 5s it’s off putting to those posters who have genuinely high numbers

At least on here there is no such competition

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I get frustrated with other threads too where the competition seems to be ‘see how low you can go’

I see all to often that someone was disappointed with 5.0 and that it was ‘a little bit too high’

In fact having seeing a lot of similar posts I lost the plot on that thread and said that if you are on insulin and drive a car then you have to be 5.0 minimum to drive a car in the UK and if under 5.0 then you are breaking the law

A lot of folk really make me mad on that thread twining if their numbers leave the 4s and go into the 5s it’s off putting to those posters who have genuinely high numbers

Well said Cumbs :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

Hi @Cumberland, That is why I rarely quote a BSL. We are all different and at various stages of our individual journeys. We will all have victories and apparent defeats along the way. I always remember Spike Milligan on the Goon show making a spoof about a weather reporter; "Winds light to variable". Quoting a BSL is a bit like saying one climbed up 10 meters. held out an anemometer and measured the wind speed. Of course 30 minutes later the result could be different. The only readings that are really relevant are a wind storm or no wind at all. And let us not get started on CGM and a graph ! Each to his own. I must admit I zone out - I congratulate someone who is doing well and hope that someone who is struggling can be helped in some way while realising it is not a competition about perfect results, as we both know. I partially lay the blame for the 'numbers game' at the feet of those health professionals who are more interested in their own egos. Best Wishes !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Fake vegan chicken with peri-peri sauce and mashed swede with goats butter. 5.1 before dinner, no insulin, 5.3 two hours after. I count that as a win having been stuck in the 8s all bl**dy day. Didn’t get into my 4-7 range until four this afternoon :banghead:

Halfway through shunting my Tresiba from 8am via 2pm today to 8pm tomorrow in an attempt to counter raging DP and a late afternoon slump - I figured they’re 12 hours apart so maybe moving my dose my 12 hours mich help. So don’t know if that’s caused the high, or if it’s the heat, or the steroid inhaler from last week’s asthma diagnosis. Too many variables, so we shall see how the next few days go.
Just wondering and worried that by using the Tresiba twice daily you might have an insulin on board issue arising soon.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I noted from your recently posted times that I'd be playing catch up :) my best is 1500m breast in just over 34 minutes but I'm not at that speed yet, I'm surprised by just how flat I've sat when swimming there as in old (Lantus) money I'd have needed more carbs and I'd have been dropping straight down when I got out, I had a small banana and a 3rd of a scone pre swim.

Just getting ready to go now. 9.4 on waking. 3 Humalog taken 10 carbs of raspberries and yoghurt eaten. I am on Toujeo and have been for 2 years. I don’t usually need to eat, but inject bolus again after the swim. Let’s see what today brings.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A place for us type 1's to have a chat, post blood glucose numbers, some banter and a even a little whinge.

I thought that was part of the point of the thread, sharing tester readings and the like, I don't see it as a competition as we're testing lots every day and have found it enlightening, specially finding that hypos and highs weren't just happening to me :)

5.9 for me and telling me my glucose is going low, which is annoying as I'm up early to do my hair :p

Edit, 3 dextro tabs, head showered and shaved and dropped to 5.7 which is a totally different carry on to the Lantus as that would have hypod me before spiking to the high teens

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Can I just say a big thanks to all the posters on this discussion for their helpfulness and honesty. I think I was getting a wee bit worked up reading other threads where many folks seemed to have almost perfect BG all day and all night.

On here however many folks seem to have up and downs on a regular basis despite putting in a lot of effort. I have probably only taken my diabetes "seriously" for past year or so, despite having it for 37 years.

I do find it frustrating that I am putting in lots of effort, weighing food, reading carbs info on packaging, eating better, making adjustments, constantly, and yet my Libre graph can look like a map of Swiss Alps.

Today, 5.6 at 7 am, 11.4 by 10.30, 8.9 by 1pm and then on s steady decline until 6.00 when I had a 3.9. Soo a wee sugar boost to get me back up so doubt back to double figures by bedtime.

So thanks to all on here for your advice and reassurances that I seem to be "normalish"

Welcome to the club, it's basically for member's who can empathise with the roller coaster ride of being type 1 and it's management. Or for anyone one else who just wants to say hi, they will always be welcomed.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Welcome to the club, it's basically for member's who can empathise with the roller coaster ride of being type 1 and it's management. Or for anyone one else who just wants to say hi, they will always be welcomed.
Yes, I relate the ride to Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyrie".

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning everyone and wishing you all a Happy Friday. 4.3 before bed, a little low for me so had a small amount of grapes, even though I was feeling a little nauseas. In bed I had a rough night, feeling very sick, dashed to bathroom at 2.15 am and nothing happened. then the dry heaving started, I was very sweaty and feeling so ill. It is getting me down, I have googled the symptoms and looking through them.
Take care

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland