Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @porl69
1) I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, and
2) I don't think there is much worse that I I could find that I have just been through.

Found something that is more common in children, but adults can get it too. So I will see how the weekend goes and if it keeps happening I will have to phone Gp :rolleyes:I very rarely get anything like the common cold, but .............if it's unusual or rare or at death's door, It's me that get it :wideyed: This has happened time and again. I am also keeping notes of the day's and time's of the symptoms.

What @Fairygodmother said about gut biome might be worth thinking about, if you feel like googling, because antibiotics can really mess them up.

It'll be more fun to google, because you can make plans to eat some interesting things to make it happy, rather than fearing a terrible illness.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast, were your electrolytes tested before you were discharged?
Have you tried the rehydration sachets that can be bought off the counter at most pharmacies?
Years ago, a midwife working in W Africa told us that she treated small babies who’d had enteric distress with something she appetisingly called schlime, it’s the water in which the rice has been boiled, with added salt. We used it too for him indoors after a long bout of undiagnosed amoebic dysentery that had been erroneously treated by a galaxy of antibiotics: the flora and flora of his small intestine had been totally compromised. I don’t know if it’d work for you, you could rename it.

Thanks for that @Fairygodmother, not sure if my electrolytes were tested, probably not ? I will see how I am over the weekend and go from there. Because I was so ill, maybe it's a delayed side affect caused by the trauma of what happened? I really appreciate your reply :)

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
What @Fairygodmother said about gut biome might be worth thinking about, if you feel like googling, because antibiotics can really mess them up.

It'll be more fun to google, because you can make plans to eat some interesting things to make it happy, rather than fearing a terrible illness.

I am Coeliac , 6 years now, so I have been thinking of the possible affect's on my gut and bowels after the trauma of my stay in hospital. Lots to think about.
Thank you :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thank you @porl69
1) I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, and
2) I don't think there is much worse that I I could find that I have just been through.

Found something that is more common in children, but adults can get it too. So I will see how the weekend goes and if it keeps happening I will have to phone Gp :rolleyes:I very rarely get anything like the common cold, but .............if it's unusual or rare or at death's door, It's me that get it :wideyed: This has happened time and again. I am also keeping notes of the day's and time's of the symptoms.

Will keep everything crossed for you to have a trouble free weekend @Robinredbreast

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpg
@kev-wView attachment 27663
Just the 1 unit afterwards.

Re posting numbers. It’s been the best thing about this thread. Finding out everyone else’s are as balmy as mine. And as I said before even on the days when I low carb ( definitely not all the time) there will still be curve balls thrown to a type 1 or anyone on insulin that we are not in control of. We can but do our best.

That is a good swim, and well beyond my capabilities :) I'd not have the confidence in my blood stability to even try tbh, a guy I talk to at the pool suggested swimming sets but I knocked the idea back, I may look again when I see where and what the Tresiba goes and does,
A splendid swim that, I'm at our pool shortly for 30 minutes only, 14.35 -15.05 so I can get to my young uns junior school as it's her last day.

i'll post back later :) but with the picture at the beginning for some reason, 8 mins shorter than I planned but I'm slack and good at it, absolutely mental are my current bloods as I've hardly moved even tho I had a banana, it can't last mind....

Last edited:
K

Knikki

Well after last nights pizza experiment, which was going so well lunch time and were surfing high 2's :shifty::shifty::arghh:

Oh well never mind will soon be back up again.

Anyway

Think we need to send a search party out....:chicken:

Not seen @therower all week.....:snaphappy:

Has the grand kids burried him on the beach?
Has he gone into the local cake shop and now holding everyone over 115 to ransom for more cake?
Has he been lounging on an inflatable thing and now drifting off the coast of France?
Has he gone and got lost in France? (sure there is a song title in that)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Well after last nights pizza experiment, which was going so well lunch time and were surfing high 2's :shifty::shifty::arghh:

Oh well never mind will soon be back up again.

Anyway

Think we need to send a search party out....:chicken:

Not seen @therower all week.....:snaphappy:

Has the grand kids burried him on the beach?
Has he gone into the local cake shop and now holding everyone over 115 to ransom for more cake?
Has he been lounging on an inflatable thing and now drifting off the coast of France?
Has he gone and got lost in France? (sure there is a song title in that)

Lost in France sung by Bonnie Tyler

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Pizza it's simple and it's flat :hilarious: best of both worlds followed by a large rum and coke :angelic: ;):)
Rum and coke (diet) a little later. Poached egg on toast for food. I am baby sitting the grand daughter tonite. Due up any time now, so I will have a hectic hour and a half. Pop her to bed at 8ish then clean my African Grey out