Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@becca59

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Reactions: becca59

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There are various viruses that cause rashes. And allergies.
There are indeed. But the other time I presented with funny red spots and some kind of eye inflammation + not feeling well GP was pretty quick to decide on rubella. Curious what they'll think of it tomorrow, should they want to see me. I'll be happy to agree to wait out the weekend too, if that's what they'll propose.
Allergy doesn't seem very likely without any history of allergies, but I could be wrong of course.

Fun fact: rubella is called rode hond, red dog in Dutch :)

Reactions: Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good moaning all
Bloods can go and do one!!!!! Got home last night from work with alarms going off.....Glanced at my watch BG 18.3 WTAF.....confirmed with a finger prick of 17. Huge rage blouse for it and got it to single figures before bed only to be woken at around 3 with alarms for a low. Not posting the line as it looks like a ski slope lol

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1573807914936.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I’m out of ideas once again because I can’t keep changing my basal to suit idle days and work days. So now I’m at a point where I’m running high in the mornings because I know there isn’t enough Tresiba but it takes 4 days for it to adjust and within 4 days it’ll be too much for work so I’ll hypo at work. At the moment I’ve been sucking it up and continue the morning highs with a correction and keep basal at this level for work. I guess thats the limitations of Tresiba :(
15.1 this morning so I’m with @porl69 on a mega huge super sized rage bolus. Super thirsty per usual but happy friday, ya girl got paid and I am ready for Black Friday sales soon. ;)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I had a ski slope too @porl69. Awful 2.2 when I woke, orange juice, fruit pastilles ............. rage eating and drinking fest 10.7
Lucky @MeiChanski to have been paid.
Hug to all nice people in the wet.
The stream at the bottom of the garden is very very high, keep your fingers crossed I don't have to start carrying books and stuff upstairs.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to the GP who decided on fifth disease with the note that it could be one of the other red spotted child diseases as well. Like you said, @DCUKMod , in grown ups it often leads to inflammation in the joints, so I'll keep my fingers crossed I'll skip that part.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All my pump stuff has arrived today handset and patches (omnipod)so feeling excited but also nervous my pump training isnt till january so a little while yet b4 im up and running .but defo 1 step closer

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All my pump stuff has arrived today handset and patches (omnipod)so feeling excited but also nervous my pump training isnt till january so a little while yet b4 im up and running .but defo 1 step closer

Oof you too? Mine has been moved from today to January 2020. We can be pump twinises

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to the GP who decided on fifth disease with the note that it could be one of the other red spotted child diseases as well. Like you said, @DCUKMod , in grown ups it often leads to inflammation in the joints, so I'll keep my fingers crossed I'll skip that part.

@Antje77 - If the joint pain and stiffness does start up, please don't tough it out too long. I kept thinking I'd be fine "in the morning". It wasn't.

No idea if it lengthened how long I had issues for, but the painkillers at least helped to make things a little more comfortable.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

great news @karen8967 , hope it all goes well for you.

Like anything new it will be a challenge to start with and may take a wee while till you get the doses right, but once you do it will make a big difference

make sure you keep us posted on when your training is and how you get on.

Have you checked out YouTube for videos on you new pump and people who are using. i did this with my Medtronic 640 and found it to be a great help

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
great news @karen8967 , hope it all goes well for you.

Like anything new it will be a challenge to start with and may take a wee while till you get the doses right, but once you do it will make a big difference

make sure you keep us posted on when your training is and how you get on.

Have you checked out YouTube for videos on you new pump and people who are using. i did this with my Medtronic 640 and found it to be a great help
i havent but i will do x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski A pump is so much easier, you can have 2 or more basal settings so you can switch for the day. At least my Omnipod does. I think all do.

But it is never perfect because our bodies don’t always mind well. So I have DP and it can vary, so I have my settings at the highest in the am that I can without dropping too low on the milder days. So it means I am commonly giving myself a correction bolus as soon as I wake up with my pump too.

@karen8967 Did you get instructions? Because I read through and then I programmed my pump. It will also help you to understand the training more. I actually liked my settings better and kept them instead of the doctors. At the time I dropped low at night so I had milder settings and then I had major DP so I had higher settings at “dawn”. I wasn’t completely right on some of the misc settings though. But by the time I trained I knew exactly how it worked and what they were talking about. The Omnipod manual had excellent instructions.

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69