Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mei, I could be wrong, but I think one of the things that will benefit you most is working daytimes and likely a published shift pattern.

I know my OH's daughter works all manner of bonkers, bonkers shifts (she's in Operating Theatres and leads the Crash Teams". When I've asked her how she copes with the shifts, she explains that's although they are insane, at least she knows what she's doing for the next couple of months.

I really, really hope it works out for you. You need a period of settled living.

Is your boyfriend making any progress getting back to work?

Yes, my bf is excited about waking up at 6am with me to go to work. It will be fixed strictly morning shifts with an odd longer shift in the mix - 8:00-14:00 or 8:00-20:00. Which I am completely happy with because no more late nights. Thank you so much! Unfortunately he hasn’t been accepted for interviews for a professional job yet, he has been looking into something temporary for now to bridge the gap. But with his temporary work, it’ll still help towards rent etc.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Auto mode worked, my life is now in the hands of my pump unless sensor starts to act funky. I went to bed on 6.2, auto mode kept me at 7.2, which is not bad. :)
I’m off to collect my uniform and go to therapy, have a nice day everyone!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I can't fly a plane but I can sail a boat! water did get a bit choppy around tea/dinner/supper and dog walk but it could have been considered more of a gentle swell than rough seas.Seems amything with engines and flying is a no-no - I might have a go at hand gliding today instead :hilarious: Just taken off didn't nose dive(!) but a bit of buffeting but nothing unusual and still flying with in my nominated air space, bright blue skies not a cloud to be seen..........!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Moaning - it Thursday, the sun is shining extra sunily (yes its a made up Welsh word....I know as I just made it up and I am Welsh) :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy your day
FB_IMG_1563172581381.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, 5.1 here today, if I can keep that going I'll be happy. Out for dinner tonight so that may go out the window instantly!

@slip did I miss something? Thought you'd abandoned flying in favour of sailing? :)

Am knackered today thanks to four dogs. Two had to be kept apart as one went for the other the last time they met; she and her 'sister' spent the day together in the conservatory and I had mine and the other one in the house, who seemed to think mine was her personal punch bag for the day. Thy're both still growing up and see each other regularly but I think the other one's having a go at being dominant; I'm sure she'll settle. Luckily it was a lovely sunny day so they spend most of the day outside in relays!

Loads to do today, glad it's Saturday tomorrow, hope you all have a good day.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, the thick fog is being burnt off by the sun so now I can see frost on the grass.
Since the new boiler was put in, there's been awful amounts of condensation on the windows in the mornings. Can't understand it! and it makes me think it's foggy every morning
Madam BG has decided on a good day so it's a chance to wear my 5 badge out to lunch, going to Cinnamon kitchen might even have a Thali

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip did I miss something? Thought you'd abandoned flying in favour of sailing? :)

I failed at flying anything with an engine, sailed the 7 seas without too much drama so decided to see if flying without an engine was possible yesterday...............I'm still up in the air about it (boom boom), haven't decided - had a few ups and downs but nothing too catastrophic - may hit the water again but this time white water rafting.......I've walked the river and can see a few nasty bits - don't fancy getting caught is a back current around lunchtime nor the waterfall that I'll probably have to navigate later this evening.......:hilarious:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, the thick fog is being burnt off by the sun so now I can see frost on the grass.
Since the new boiler was put in, there's been awful amounts of condensation on the windows in the mornings. Can't understand it! and it makes me think it's foggy every morning

Hi,

Yep. The new heating system (new boiler output.) has probably increased humidity in your home causing moisture to condense on the cold windows.
Problem is the condensation could cause mould to thrive around the window area.?

You may need suitable ventilation?