Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 I have found when I change my basal I have to allow 3 days before changes happen. I have to adjust up/ down every 4/5 weeks. Goodness knows why but I have to be patient every time I do.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 I have found when I change my basal I have to allow 3 days before changes happen. I have to adjust up/ down every 4/5 weeks. Goodness knows why but I have to be patient every time I do.
Thanks @becca59, that's interesting. I'll wait it out, but in the meantime, are you on Lantus too or one of the newer, longer acting basals?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Your girl is happier, I am so thankful that I’ve been able to find another job. It has been a difficult two months, my bf and I were planning to move out, it would have meant I’ll have to change CCGs for pump supplies and paying money to move everything. I was also applying for jobs in London so I could go back home and work from London. So all in all, it was a mess. I could hug and kiss you all, yall have been very supportive. I am also thankful that the work place that I’ve been accepted for is very supportive, there’s a type 1 nurse on the team so I’m not alone and we have a staff room to sit in if we need too. I have come to terms that my parents have been supportive, each time I go home, it’s nothing but food, mum gossiping about dad (don’t tell dad), happy talks and seeing my baby cousin. I’ll give yall a virtual “cheers!” with my glass of flavoured water.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope I can post my baby cousin but this was one of the evenings and she came up to say hello to me. We played pretend cooking and drinking. She is at a stage where she enjoys wearing adult slippers, she has her eyes on her mum’s fluffy slippers.

IMG_0291.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Your girl is happier, I am so thankful that I’ve been able to find another job. It has been a difficult two months, my bf and I were planning to move out, it would have meant I’ll have to change CCGs for pump supplies and paying money to move everything. I was also applying for jobs in London so I could go back home and work from London. So all in all, it was a mess. I could hug and kiss you all, yall have been very supportive. I am also thankful that the work place that I’ve been accepted for is very supportive, there’s a type 1 nurse on the team so I’m not alone and we have a staff room to sit in if we need too. I have come to terms that my parents have been supportive, each time I go home, it’s nothing but food, mum gossiping about dad (don’t tell dad), happy talks and seeing my baby cousin. I’ll give yall a virtual “cheers!” with my glass of flavoured water.
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Hey Mei, sounds like yer on a roll... :)

Well done with the job!

Reactions: MeiChanski

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done @MeiChanski that's great news.
Having done nothing different, am having one of those times this evening where my blood sugars are determined not to rise, or to rise a little, and then drop off again without any extra insulin been given. Frustrating knowing that when they do go up, they will sky rocket!!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @becca59. Be interesting to see what I get up with tomorrow!

@MeiChanski good news, and which job did you opt for?

The care home assistant, mum said I can always do bartender type work any time. I felt working in a care home would be more rewarding and it gives me some experience in nursing in that environment.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The care home assistant, mum said I can always do bartender type work any time. I felt working in a care home would be more rewarding and it gives me some experience in nursing in that environment.

You may find working with those in advancing years rewarding. But a little heartbreaking when they "leave."

Compassion & dignity should always be paramount.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You may find working with those in advancing years rewarding. But a little heartbreaking when they "leave."

Compassion & dignity should always be paramount.

Yes, the care home values are compassion, care, dignity and respect. When I did work experience, you see them today and you may not see them tomorrow. I’ve witnessed a few who didn’t have much time left and it is heart breaking.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have reactivated auto mode because it’s been almost a month on manual mode and first time round, it was awful. So I’m hoping it’ll be better or the very least it won’t boot my out of auto mode at 4am. Btw I can’t believe it’s almost a month with my pump. I also realised when the 4 years are up, I’ll be the sexy 30

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Mei, I could be wrong, but I think one of the things that will benefit you most is working daytimes and likely a published shift pattern.

I know my OH's daughter works all manner of bonkers, bonkers shifts (she's in Operating Theatres and leads the Crash Teams". When I've asked her how she copes with the shifts, she explains that's although they are insane, at least she knows what she's doing for the next couple of months.

I really, really hope it works out for you. You need a period of settled living.

Is your boyfriend making any progress getting back to work?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is Thursday and date day. We try to designate Thursdays as a way to do things together, as our retired lives are bonkers busy. Anyway we did make the cinema a couple of weeks ago. Today we are hitting the dizzy heights of a return to the opticians for husbands new glasses and Lidl’s and Morrison’s. At least we will be together. Going to have steak and chips when we get back-celeriac ones for me. What is nice is that we haven’t had to rush to get up. Second cup of tea on the way and I am snuggled in bed watching cars in the distance going to work.
IMG_1580974063.010504.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. @MeiChanski good luck with the new job.
I woke up on 4.8, two days in to reduced Lantus, I'm watching this space. Another busy day; I'll have four dogs here as a couple of friends with three dogs between them are working/out for the day so I'll have a full house. Better get ready for the onslaught....