porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all
Basal adjustments worked had a steady line of 7 thru the night. Just got to sort out my teatime - bedtime out now. Basal changes every few weeks
Big hugs to all those who are having troubles with their sites (((HUGS)))

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Painful and sore sites are the worst, even on areas where you can pinch an inch. I read medtronic are recalling pumps. I knew a few of you are using pumps pre 2019.

IMG_0500.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon guys, I have had great readings today :happy: but the upper right side of my back was so very painful this morning on the school run, so I was glad when I got home, 2 pain killers, cushions and a hot water bottle have helped and I haven't done a lot today, it does feel less painful now :)

Reactions: Mad76

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, late on parade here after an extremely soggy, long dog walk with a dog that bu***red off to the extent of needing yomping over a field of mud to retrieve her. Have been in recovery since and still not had lunch as someone here to do some work and they need me every five minutes to ask/do/whatever. Still, sounds pretty unremarkable compared with your schedule, @LooperCat! Have a feeling you might be looking forward to the placement.

Hope all those with pump problems get them sorted. I've never wanted a pump and I have to say that all the problems I'm hearing about confirm that idea.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to note my BGs are now behaving - been in range and steady since after breakfast, lunch completed and still in range:wacky:............but now I've said that we all know whats going to happen! And I haven't done anything different to the last few days.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great news, well done !! Is it for a trial period ??
i don't think so my nurse didn't say that but it was a bit weird first there was only my dsn then another dsn came in and i recognised her. My dsn was saying she would send the request to the diabetes consultant and the other nurse who i recognised just said no give him one now but they had none so i need a prescription which i will get next week oh and it's my pleasure to say Hello nice to kind of meet you

Reactions: Marie 2 and Mad76

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i don't think so my nurse didn't say that but it was a bit weird first there was only my dsn then another dsn came in and i recognised her. My dsn was saying she would send the request to the diabetes consultant and the other nurse who i recognised just said no give him one now but they had none so i need a prescription which i will get next week oh and it's my pleasure to say Hello nice to kind of meet you

Not one to burst yer bubble. But your DSN may need to make you an apointment with an endo to action this?

Currently jumping through hoops myself to line em up on script.
Scanning & sending the data on my self funded monitor & sending via "Libreview." Easy enough. I set up an account when I got the first Libre & downloaded the app last year..
I've had a GP & a DSN say so far you should get it on prescription..
But then I've been in the rock & roll business for a long time too..;)

I'm looking at two letters right now, (came through my door this morning.) one for a return appointment with this DSN I only saw 10 days ago, for a date in early March, then one for an endo in the opposite direction the following day.. I have had the definately go ahead for a change to Tresiba. I'm assuming the endocrinology appointment will be to make sure I know what I'm doing with it. The Libre?

I live slap bang between the two hospitals 8 miles either way?

I wish you the best of luck on your quest.

Reactions: chris85 type 1

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. Given by a nurse. Lucky you! I was sent out on my ear by my gp when I asked him. Luckily my consultant approved it !

Likewise, you too

Reactions: chris85 type 1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. Given by a nurse. Lucky you! I was sent out on my ear by my gp when I asked him. Luckily my consultant approved it !

To be fair, in my experience DSNs do let patients have (Where appropriate.) Stuff like BG meters? But that's usually stuff left by reps..

I'm glad you didnt let your GP dishearten you. :)

When i flashed my Libre at my GP, he knew what it was & was keen i got them on script.
But even i knew he couldn't sign it off without a diabetic consultant's prior approval.

Reactions: Mad76

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
BG's gone through the roof!!!! Hope it doesn't rain

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m just packing me things going home. Mum baked a fluffy japanese cake with coconut milk and it’s like a pandan cake without being green Some tea going on Instagram, apparently a pretty dietitian who isn’t a diabetic has been given a Dexcom G6 so she can learn about her body chemistry. Majority of type 1s are going in with pitch forks and torches saying they have been fighting every day with their insurances to get one and some of us have been told no and like us, nhs have a tough criteria to get one. So people like her with a functioning pancreas get one. Very hot tea

Reactions: SueJB

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1 Regarding pumps, people are mostly posting about issues or complaints versus the nice happy times. In my case a pump helped lower my A1C by letting me get my doses when I need them. I would have never bothered with a shot with a half unit for the nudge lower or 3 doses after eating something trickier or even the dose for the 5 carb grab snack. And I also had major DP issues which it helped tremendously with. I cut my insulin use in half and lowered my A1C with a pump! But there are downsides and different issues too and it’s not everyone’s preference!

Reactions: MeiChanski

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some tea going on Instagram, apparently a pretty dietitian who isn’t a diabetic has been given a Dexcom G6 so she can learn about her body chemistry. Majority of type 1s are going in with pitch forks and torches saying they have been fighting every day with their insurances to get one and some of us have been told no and like us, nhs have a tough criteria to get one. So people like her with a functioning pancreas get one. Very hot tea

Got any links to this newsoid, Mei?
I find it odd that "bio-hackers" (or whatever they call themselves.) would feel the need for these wearables.
Limited resources & all that..
But then, I find non D weightlifters using insulin distasteful too.. ;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Out of anger and curiosity, there are a number of articles on people with a functioning pancreas wearing diabetes technology. We fight long and hard for better access to technology and they get it for free without lifting a finger.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Out of anger and curiosity, there are a number of articles on people with a functioning pancreas wearing diabetes technology. We fight long and hard for better access to technology and they get it for free without lifting a finger.

To be fair, Mei. A lot of these guys will probably self fund or have sponsorship from where ever to pay for this stuff..
Not all healthcare models round the world are like the NHS.
So I don't feel these guys are prescribed at any tax payers expense..

But... I can't help the feeling it's turning into some sort of fashion accessory for the non D..?
There was a phase of girls wearing non prescriptive plain lense glasses to look "intelectual," a while back?
I dated one till I sussed the fake..

Google "Dan Ashcroft, The rise of the idiots." On YouTube. It's comedy art imitating life. But I can't stop comparing the dark irony.
(& nope. I can't link it on the forum.)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To be fair, Mei. A lot of these guys will probably self fund or have sponsorship from where ever to pay for this stuff..
Not all healthcare models round the world are like the NHS.
So I don't feel these guys are prescribed at any tax payers expense..

But... I can't help the feeling it's turning into some sort of fashion accessory for the non D..?
There was a phase of girls wearing non prescriptive plain lense glasses to look "intelectual," a while back?
I dated one till I sussed the fake..

Google "Dan Ashcroft, The rise of the idiots." On YouTube. It's comedy art imitating life. But I can't stop comparing the dark irony.
(& nope. I can't link it on the forum.)

I have read some were self funding to type up their research and some were given it for free or being sponsored. I understand our healthcare isn’t the same as America, but we do fight for access to technology. It’s like why does she get a Dexcom G6, when Ive been trying to get one for months and I have told no by my HCP/ endo / consultant kind of thing. Or like we need it and she doesn’t need it. It is becoming into some kind of fashion trend, reckon we can go out and get a pacemaker when we don’t need one?