Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would say a 3.3 and a 4.1 are pretty synced accurate results. I have 2 glucose meters that do not produce results that close together. The difference is minimal.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Tangerines are amazingly lower carbs and some are pretty small.

<9 carbs for a little over 2 inch one. 1 carb per wedge?

Last edited:
Reactions: MeiChanski
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you a Happy Saturday. I awoke on a 3.0 so I had a Frube yogurt with some grapes and it rose to 9.4, so I will keep monitoring BG, also, I don't want to go low again.
Weather is awful today and working an 8 hour event, Leon sauces and compotes, staff first, then customers.
Take care :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, Slothful Saturday for me.
Zip to the tip to get rid of ivy "tree", pick up a debobbler then sit debobbling this afternoon.
Madam BG is outrageous, so high I could wear 2 badges.
hope we all stay dry

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Toddles off to celebrate Second 29th February Lancet Change Day. I met one of the children from church in the supermarket the other night who gleefully informed me. "Daddy's 9 on Saturday!" I think both events merit some cake later.

The Ash Wednesday lows continued all through Thursday. Lunch was delayed whilst my blood sugars were being coaxed up, leaving work likewise. (That one was a first - I really wasn't expecting it after the amount of fast acting carbs I'd had.) I must remember to replenish the Japes' Emergency Full Fat Coke supplies as I used up all the workplace ones. Young Vampire was most intrigued and very good. Even to opting to time one retest, coming round to check I was above 4 and then shoving the snack box at me!

Luckily, Friday was a more usual kind of blood sugars workday. I got to spend some time with my original T1 student as well which was a treat. (Long story as to why that one's still officially around the campus on occasion 5 years after I stopped working in that area.)

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, just got back from another slog through the mud with the dog. She's intermittently wonderful or appalling, today being a mix of both. Wonderful at coming back on command and checking where I am UNTIL she saw another dog she knows, then took off and nothing I did made any difference. I have to keep reminding myself that she's only 8 months old, so a young teenager right now really, and that I have to apply two things that we all use with diabetes - patience, and living with unpredictability!

Finished the walk in a hail storm after sun and bitter winds, hope you all stay warm and dry.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I spent 30 mins trying to remember when I put my infusion site in. In the end I remembered it was Thursday morning because I was waiting for my last pay cheque to come through.
There was an interesting discussion on Facebook this morning about someone going through burn out (not testing as much etc) and he had an interest in a pump. Someone said a pump will help him because he doesn’t have to test his BG, just enter estimation of carbs and bolus for it. Apparently that’s better than him not doing any injections at all. I understand to some extent but if you don’t test, how else are you going to know if the pump is working, your basal rates are correct and what you bolused for is correct? (In a very SE London expression: that issa mad ting)
If I didn’t enter any BG results into my pump, my pump will pester me for a while and then kick me out of auto mode. Plus auto mode would not run without calibrations and BG readings.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, parents kitchen spring cleaned and their 61st wedding anniversary celebrated, now back home relaxing. Husband and I cooked a Chinese Kung Pao Chicken and fried rice together. It was yumdicious! Husband had ordered dried facing heaven chillies and Sechuan Peppercorns especially. Being cowards we halved the amounts, what a good job, those peppercorns need halving again. Unfortunately Lichus Planus doesn’t cope well with too much heat. Have not eaten a takeaway/restaurant Chinese since I was diagnosed 6 years ago. Had had a fabulous meal with friends and was desperately ill afterwards. Hospitalised 2 days later. Cooking our own variations though that I can accurately carb count has been very successful.
Out for lunch at friends tomorrow, so another challenge. Still all this worry about carbs and raising a few mmols could be put into perspective when I eventually succumb to Covid 19.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Pretty nice day here. I went to the farmers market and got fruit for my fruit salad ( for the vegan potluck) and then to the grocery store for more fruit. Then a wealth of fruit to eat while I cutting and washing a bunch of it. A salad and fresh raw spring rolls from the farmers market for lunch followed by fruit and more fruit. I kept dropping from the original dose of insulin, so more fruit!!!!! I guess a bunch of just raw veggies and raw fruit made me super sensitive to insulin even through the rest of the day.

Good morning @karen8967 !

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Happy St David's Day and white rabbits. Yesterday wasn't slothful Saturday as expected. I made lobscows as we called it, cawl doesn't sound right.
BG was hateful, I had 3 hypos, my fault I suppose
Hope March is going to be drier and the demon diabetes more stable for us all.

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Pob dydd, pan dwi'n deffro, dwi'n dweud diolch i Dduw fy mod i'n Gymraeg! Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus! Cymru am byth!
FB_IMG_1583056643849.jpg

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Pob dydd, pan dwi'n deffro, dwi'n dweud diolch i Dduw fy mod i'n Gymraeg! Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus! Cymru am byth!View attachment 39056
Bet I'm not the only one to put your post into Google translate. Lucky you being Welsh. My parents and family were all Welsh, I wasn't so lucky. Hope you have some good Welsh cheese and some leeks today.

Reactions: porl69