Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Ya girl is a day younger today, bf bought a cake and he agreed to let me be a fattie today and tomorrow. I heard I’m getting a bottle of pink gin despite our money woes. We might try getting a takeaway but I feel everywhere is closed. But I hope yall are keeping yourselves busy.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke early and went for a walk and man, that wind is freezing! Sun doesn't make up for it, but dog's behaviour was brilliant for once; surprising really as they often go a bit loopy in high winds, horses too. So it was a decidedly brisk walk which has left me with very happy bg.

It's very easy to miss people in this weird time; I'm working on being glad they're still out there or that I had them for the time I did. Sometimes I get floored by the most unexpected things; I noticed by chance that the movie Witness was on last night and I cried because it was the first movie I went to with my husband who died 5 years ago. No idea why something like that should hit me so hard; probably wouldn't have if everything was normal. So chins up all and thank whoever for dogs and cats!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hello friends,

Ya girl is a day younger today, bf bought a cake and he agreed to let me be a fattie today and tomorrow. I heard I’m getting a bottle of pink gin despite our money woes. We might try getting a takeaway but I feel everywhere is closed. But I hope yall are keeping yourselves busy.
Happy Birthday, get stuck into that cake

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday! @MeiChanski - I've just eaten some cake on your behalf. I decided even if I can't have my usual Saturday long walk I can at least have my usual Saturday nice coffee and something as a treat at home.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm utterly refusing to do anything other than fun stuff today or tomorrow as I've worked hard enough for the last five days. I am managing to pace myself on the housework front and have kept some chores for next week.

So, some DVDs I've not yet watched properly, some books from the unread pile, the really nice coffee which needs using, and otherwise just slobbing around all day. I am refusing to go for a Government-mandated daily walk as I want to practice my lazy day insulin ratios which do need a little tweaking again.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey has anyone 1ners here had the letter? Confused why I haven't. Aren't we vulnerable underling health problem? Saw that we was on the list and seen some showing we aren't.
Going back to work Monday as being self isolating for the week as had blocked nose and cough and didn't want to take chances. I'm a key worker for greater anglia.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello friends,

Many Happy Returns, have great day ( despite what is going on in the world right now) x
BF107-11K-BBU.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, woke early and went for a walk and man, that wind is freezing! Sun doesn't make up for it, but dog's behaviour was brilliant for once; surprising really as they often go a bit loopy in high winds, horses too. So it was a decidedly brisk walk which has left me with very happy bg.

It's very easy to miss people in this weird time; I'm working on being glad they're still out there or that I had them for the time I did. Sometimes I get floored by the most unexpected things; I noticed by chance that the movie Witness was on last night and I cried because it was the first movie I went to with my husband who died 5 years ago. No idea why something like that should hit me so hard; probably wouldn't have if everything was normal. So chins up all and thank whoever for dogs and cats!

X
https://tenor.com/view/hugs-hug-ghost-hug-gif-4451998

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Happy birthday @MeiChanski, go for that cake
No badge day again for me @ArtemisBow, not strictly true. I could have worn 2 and it would just have been right for the BG score this morning.
Freezing wind out there so have only spent 30 mins weeding. Waiting for my pond liner to arrive.
Thanks @LooperCat for the pricky box idea. I've got some jewellery pliers so that'll do the trick for snipping.
Enjoy Saturday, I managed to get a bottle of slimline tonic so I'm going to enjoy this evening.:couchpotato:
That's my simple pleasure, what's yours nowadays?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Happy birthday to Mei. Have a wonderful day.

Hope yer pink gin & the takaway keeps the graph smooth & sane... :singing::D

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hey has anyone 1ners here had the letter? Confused why I haven't. Aren't we vulnerable underling health problem? Saw that we was on the list and seen some showing we aren't.
Going back to work Monday as being self isolating for the week as had blocked nose and cough and didn't want to take chances. I'm a key worker for greater anglia.
We’re just “increased risk” unless we have other things wrong with us - so the same rules as the general population apply to us. If you’re just T1, you stick to the social distancing rules more closely.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
We’re just “increased risk” unless we have other things wrong with us - so the same rules as the general population apply to us. If you’re just T1, you stick to the social distancing rules more closely.
I had to ask a lady behind me in the supermarket to move back despite the fact that there were clear lines to stand behind.Plonker!!

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy birthday Mei! Hope you’ve had a great day and the gin was free flowing!

It might sound odd but I’m jealous of those who are self isolating on their own. I have not been alone for the best part of 4 years now. If this outbreak had happened back when I was single and living alone I would have had no trouble filling my days with hobbies, films, books etc. Instead I’ve spent today cleaning and feeding children, both of which are Sisyphean tasks... I recognise the grass is always greener etc but just one day of solitude would be a lovely break!

Reactions: Marie 2