1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

That sounds like a Saturday night in Glasgow when my dad was growing, so me scared, ouch no ;)
    Sounds like another of Molly56's wonderful talents, hair cutting that is , not butchery, even though I know you are a good chef..........:D
    Take care, both of you and stay safe xx

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robinredbreast

Good morning, awoke on a 5.0, the sun is out so going to cut my grass this morning, it was too cold yesterday so I did a bit of knitting. The back is done and now the left side too, with 9 stitches on a holder to continue later for the button band.
    HAPPY TUESDAY, I hope it will be a good one.
    Take good care and stay safe X

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Robinredbreast

Would of just loved to of seen that lol :hilarious:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all - just checking in, Bloods have been good, work hectic.........have a good day all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning all, running mid sixes due to hormones. Terrible night’s sleep due to husbeast snoring like an asthmatic rhino which means a day of insulin resistance. It’s amazing just how many things affect bg, innit?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone, hope you're all doing OK. I couldn't remember what day it was when I woke up and didn't get a badge either but getting closer.
    Yesterday I spent digging a hole for a pond and I'll finish it today along with fitting some flooring in the bathroom. Aches were prevented by Volterol

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, woke to a loosely 5.2 after bashing the bloods hard with Fiasp before sleep. Upped the basal. This happens every time I do the dusting-after-building-work. It’s still settling, but must go eventually. I hope. I wonder what’s in that 1930s plaster dust and the layers of paint and tile affixative that cover it? Not sure I really want to know.
    I’ve had a couple of emails from someone I know in China telling me about the way lockdown was organised there: they really benefitted from an already existing system of responsibility in the housing blocks, shopping and rubbish collection was undertaken by just one or two people who were already in the position of block officials. It made it all so much easier to manage. An unforeseen benefit if the old communist regime that was still in place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Fairygodmother

I said loosely as bloods, sensor and MM still sorting themselves out; after a sensor change it takes them a couple of days’ arguing before they settle in harmony.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning y'all, hope everyone's coping :) I got my wall plastered yesterday so it's back to the push bike for exercise today, I was looking online at sports drinks as I'd like 10 or 15g sugars in my water bottle, I find one on Ebay and whilst reading the nutritional info see a big warning, .NOT FOR DIABETICS' :banghead::banghead::***:

Has me spitting feathers does stuff like that so it does, and I'd not recommend it to a T2 in any shape or form whatsoever but it's reasonable for me to use to replace the 12g sugars I'm munching from Dextro Energy to ride 15 miles.

Rant over :p enjoy your day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Or is that part of the new flood defences?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

12. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@kev-w Don't you love when you have to eat something just so you can exercise???? Drives me nuts sometimes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends,

Work has started taking everyone’s temperature and I’m eye rolling because a high temperature isn’t the only symptom of the corona.

I hope porl is doing okay since he last messaged.

BG 8.8 this morning and I accept that from a hypo last night, yall know we can easily eat more and spike higher

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. npatel19

npatel19 Type 1 · Active Member

Good morning everyone, I hope you’re well, I was wondering how everyone is managing their anxieties around covid and diabetes etc any suggestions would be very welcomed.

15. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@slip it wouldn't help much, it's only small. I've wanted one for years but was dissuaded because of the flooding. Now just think, sod it, and got one

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @npatel19 ,

I hope you're feeling better after the recent stomach bug..?

Personally, (regarding COVID.) I just follow sensible precautions regarding "social distancing" protocols.

It all seems very cordial & polite whilst out for my "one a day" & encountering anyone at a potential "bottle neck."
    I don't see many out but even strangers will hold thir hand up & say hi on the other side of the road..

Each day as it comes..

• Like Like x 3
  17. npatel19

npatel19 Type 1 · Active Member

Thank you jaylee, yes I’m trying my best to keep positive and take each day as it comes trying not to look at the news and numbers so much. Been having some chest tightness the past few nights but usually disappears by the morning. So drinking lots of warm fluids and taking paracetamol. Even though it could just be the flu as my temperature has been stable.

• Hug Hug x 1
  18. Jaylee

Staff Member

Hi Mei,

I suppose you can only follow the practices put into place.
    Do by all means report & log who you spoke to in your managment team, (time, date, name.) if you have any other relevant symptoms.
    There may well be enqiries, should anything happen with your residents & or staff..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fairygodmother

Welcome @npatel9! We all have the occasional rant and moan about T1 life - look at [email protected] said this morning. I think we’re all approaching this differently, according to our own situations, [email protected], who’ll be working as a first responder, has been measured up for hazmat, and @Marie2 has sent a video about masks. On the whole, though, we seem just to be getting on with things and taking whatever precautions are necessary. It’s fantastic that we all stay in touch and post things about our (extra)ordinary lives.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jaylee

Staff Member

To be fair to you. You did have a worrying stomach bug. You may well be still a little tender from that?

Continue to stay hydrated. Warm water with sliced lemon works for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook