Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Problem I got at the mo is I KNOW I am basal testing and can not eat. One of the garage customers just brought chips in and is sat in the MOT waiting part eating them....and I can now smell the sat and vinegar and I want a chip..................or I want a bag of chips

OK, so you've given yourself until 19.00hours to end your fast & BT?

Hit the chippy at 18.45... ;) "There ain't no taste of nothin'." as my mum always said.. :)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@porl69 I fast for 24-36 hours about once every 3 months to basal test. But I wait for a day where I'm not hungry and I haven't eaten and it's 4:00 pm already type of thing. ( I already skip breakfast) If I'm not in that mindset I go nuts wanting food and then just keep thinking about it. Even if I wasn't that hungry to start with. It's the not being to eat that I think is what actually gets to me. It's along the same lines as you wish for some time off to relax at home and not have to go to work, but if you have to stay home you go stir crazy.

My husband would never be able to fast for more than 4 hours, he gets extremely grumpy even being late with a meal. At least I wouldn't want to be around him if he tried. And I bet he would cheat. When he has to fast for bloodwork, his appointment is at 7:00 am to get it over with.

By now hopefully you are eating!!!!!!

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1573807922853.jpg

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning :) 4.7 rising to 5.2 with a coffee and my feet on the floor, looks pretty wet outside and the rabbit's still in bed looking unamused out there.
A day re-doing a wall I'd already plastered as I didn't like the look of my first attempt, that'll be a giggle as I'll get soaked cleaning my gear down outside with the hosepipe :banghead: but it needs doing, another couple of weeks and things will start
to improve as I start getting the wallpaper on.

Reactions: Marie 2

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Raining here-again! @kev-w are you doing a whole house up. I admire your keeping at it. We are deep into doing the last room in our house. Finished putting the lining paper up yesterday. We are using the leave for 24 hours before painting excuse to have a day off today. Then it’s emulsioning and paint work. Getting well fed up now and have found now we are older we cannot keep going like we used to do. Yesterday’s efforts produced some good glucose levels though lol!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all. Well basal test went well, a few minor adjustments made.
The misses has got 2 kittens now and last night they ate my Watlaa watch charging cable....not amused to say the least. Have now gotta try and find a cable to fit

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aye the full house @becca59 , bottom to top refurb.:banghead:

Edit, and when I've done that it's time to find a job having packed up window cleaning during the lock down, 1999 I started this gig here with the kids and it's been a long sabbatical *not strictly a sabbatical but similar :p

Last edited:
Reactions: becca59

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all! (I'm completely disorientated as to time and day so am hedging my bets.)

I have landed back in Japes' City, my friend has left the house to go on the last bit of her journey home, and the last load of laundry is whizzing round. It's been a lovely holiday, but return to work and reality beckons.

Alas, having plucked up the courage to look at Main Paid Work e-mails, there will be no direct tales of Young Vampire for next year (I can hear the wails of anguish from the Young Vampire already) but there is another T1 student on my list as things stand... I can't say truthfully I am looking forwards to the new academic year but I am impressed at the thought and care which has gone into making things a safe return for everyone, as far as is possible.

Reactions: Marie 2 and becca59

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Stomp stomp stomp, screech, pout............I'm throwing a temper tantrum. DP major for a few weeks again, switch to my DP program on my pump..................everything going along smoothly. And then the last two nights, no DP at all.

Reactions: kev-w

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Certainly keeps us on our toes Marie 2. Isn't it a pain when this happens!!! Sending hugs your way. Hope DP stays away for a while now, life's so much easier without it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stomp stomp stomp, screech, pout............I'm throwing a temper tantrum. DP major for a few weeks again, switch to my DP program on my pump..................everything going along smoothly. And then the last two nights, no DP at all.

Hi,

Any alcohol consumed the night before the non DP show? Or possibly just a resolved stress issue? Though, the rally to work can cause the same thing for me two hours later with "nill by mouth" by 2 or 3mmol. (From a lovely low fiver from waking.)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jaylee That's an interesting thought. I had a tooth pulled Tuesday. That went smoothly, but then I got dry socket which hurt like crazy Wed night and Thurs. I even took some pain pills. Better today thank goodness. You would think my BG levels would go up, but hmmm.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee That's an interesting thought. I had a tooth pulled Tuesday. That went smoothly, but then I got dry socket which hurt like crazy Wed night and Thurs. I even took some pain pills. Better today thank goodness. You would think my BG levels would go up, but hmmm.

Hi,

I suppose it's possible you had adjusted dose for an infection issue with the tooth.? (Utill it was resolved.)

I use MDI. Say I come down with something? I increase my basal by a unit the night before. Sometimes I may need further bolus correction dosage too? (In the mornings.) Which maybe reasonable for a couple of days.
But, when I start to recover. (Flu, I can still get it even with the yearly jabs, though not as severe.) I need my normal basal dose or I'm Captian hypo.

Lol, a little like those old "night storage heaters" in the 1970s? The principle was to use off peak electricity to heat up bricks in the unit pending on the weather forcast the following day,then they would release the heat? So you would set it up for a predicted cold snap... Or not if it looked like spring was here!
Unfortunatly, the "weatherman" didn't always get it right. :banghead:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jaylee I don’t believe I took more than normal. I actually didn’t have an infection with the dry socket.

I’ve changed my settings to my “regular” basal program so I hopefully will get no alarms tonight.

Of course just because I did.............,

Update; I put my lowest basal setting on last night and still had the alert go off twice, no DP at all so I'm glad I switched. I am now wondering if there was an underlying condition with the tooth that was pulled. The 2 dentist I saw were not worried about pulling it unless it bothered me as it already had a root canal. No signs of infection or any issues other than the tooth had mostly broken at the base under the cap. But maybe there was bacteria caught under or something and over time I had slowly adjusted my basals up? If this keeps up it will be time for a basal test.

Last edited:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, busy couple of days here, I still don't always remember how long the effects of exercise last. Hypo after a brisk dog walk yesterday, then some volunteer work in the wood near me, then hedge cutting and another decent dog walk in the afternoon and woke up at 6.30 on 3.3 - on the first day of the Bank Holiday when I could've had a lie-in! Oh well, gives me an early start.

I try not to use noisy gardening tools on Sundays and Bank Holidays but my neighbours say they don't mind. All our recent rain means the grass a) hasn't been cut and b) has grown way taller than I like to leave it, so it may be some mowing today, as we might have rain tomorrow. Hope you're all having a good weekend; if I do cut grass I'm having a lazy day afterwards!