Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I drift up throughout the morning (in addition to DP and feet to the floor), then the afternoon is variable, then in the evening I have to be careful, because I suddenly become a bit more insulin sensitive. I'm currently on 18 units of Tresiba, which I had to reduce from 19 because I was dropping over night. The problem, as I see it - although I am a bear of very little brain - is that my insulin requirements vary wildly throughout the day. Betwen about 11pm and 4am I become much more insulin sensitive, and then very resistant from about 4am to 2pm, with a slight rise throughout the afternoon if I eat too early. Evenings are better than mornings. I might try splitting the Tresiba, although I'm not convinced about what that will achieve.

I have never split my Levemir, I only take 10 units at night, and less if it's 6 before bed. But I have read that other member's have split their doses and had good results. I will try and find one or two for you.
Hope your day is going well.

Found this :- https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/tresiba-dawn-phenomenon-split-dosing.149759/#post-1800301

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Home from work, nice steady day. Last nights visit from the " low sugar fairy" didn't affect anything today.
Shame really, I could have murdered a bag of Cheddar and Onion McCoys earlier but couldn't justify it.:banghead:
Hitting the gym soon. So a few spoons of peanut butter is on the horizon.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I needed to come back to this group after looking at other threads. Just feel swamped and I'm not trying to be mean

Reactions: kev-w and porl69

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Need the recipe for that one
7.5 at stupid o clock/sparrow's fart time
Cycle to work up a hill. 25 mins..9.7 1 hour later after just black coffee (i think this why I need a cgm because this seems so random as I am sure I would have gone too low had I started out at 5 or below)
Pilates 30 mnutes. Now breakfast of choc and almond butter chia seed pudding

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all! Good night here, slept through solidly, Woke on a 6.6 :smug: so it looks like splitting my Tresiba dose is working - so much for the magic new insulin lastin 36-42 hours, I was barely getting 20 out of it :banghead: Took a unit and a half of Novorapid to stop it rising, and am still in the high sixes. So have just had another.

Looking forward to my MiaoMiao transmitter arriving, so I can read my BG on my watch...

Cloudy here in South Wales, but quite warm - waiting for a delivery of silver for a commission (I’m a silversmith), so I hope it cools down as my workshed is like an over in hot weather, especially when I get the blowtorches going!

Love the flatness

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
That’s not bad for bread! I sometimes have LivLife but can only get it from Waitrose, which I don’t have near me. It’s 3.6g carbs per quite small slice, but makes nice toast. I often make 90 second bread - 30g ground almonds mixed with a beaten egg and plenty of seasoning in a rectangular takeaway tub - nuked for 90 seconds. I sometimes try fry it after to get a nice toasty colour and crunch. Only 3g a slab and really filling. Makes a good pizza base too.

Avocado, king prawns and mayo for lunch... @5.6mmol :)
Really neat idea of a pizza base, do you bake it, presumably yep?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I have never split my Levemir, I only take 10 units at night, and less if it's 6 before bed. But I have read that other member's have split their doses and had good results. I will try and find one or two for you.

Found this :- https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/tresiba-dawn-phenomenon-split-dosing.149759/#post-1800301
I'm a Levemir splitter and from what everyone says, I'm doing grand. 3u am and 4 u pm, BGs generally within range but I just reckon I'm lucky

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Really neat idea of a pizza base, do you bake it, presumably yep?
I still microwave it, then top and bake it as usual. You could bake the base first (in a proper ovenproof tin, I’ve just bought a small springform tin to try that with), it just takes longer, as it’s 20-30 minutes more baking time. Might dry out a little too much around the edges, perhaps.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
In other news, ugh. I hate warm weather. BG up to 7.8, currently having a protein shake and trying to finish mending the ancestral patchwork quilt...

Reactions: SueJB

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon everyone came home from work went to get changed out of uniform flopped on the bed 2 hours later just woke up dribble down me chin and everthing and not for the fist time bloods have been pretty stable today x

Reactions: hh1 and mountaintom

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Why do you take less of your basal based on your before bed reading. Surely your basal should remain the same long term.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m actually having awful thoughts about giving up porridge as toast gives me such a lower peak as you can see this morning. Porridge would send me up to 13/14. I just bloody love porridge and it keeps me going for hours.

I used to love porridge/Shredded Wheat of a morning but found DP and a continual morning rise, with big carbs on top, too much of a slog to conquer. So yog and berries it is. However, I have found that I can eat them in the evening if the mood takes me. Perhaps you could get your fix that way. Plus as has been said they are good for the heart.

Reactions: mountaintom
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Why do you take less of your basal based on your before bed reading. Surely your basal should remain the same long term.

Because I would probably go low over night if I took 10 on a reading of below 6 before bed.

Last edited: