Type 1'stars R Us

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just thought I was having a hypo but I’d put the central heating on by accident.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I could try but on an empty stomach Novorapid seems to work pretty quick with me. Catch 22!
That’s the infuriating thing, isn’t it? You have a Libre, don’t you? If you inject and then watch for the bend in your trace, just when BG starts to dip, that’s the time to eat. Rather glad I hate porridge...

Reactions: mountaintom

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That’s the infuriating thing, isn’t it? You have a Libre, don’t you? If you inject and then watch for the bend in your trace, just when BG starts to dip, that’s the time to eat. Rather glad I hate porridge...

Same here. Porridge always tastes like sawdust to me. Maybe I am making it wrong???? lol

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Yeah but in the 15 min delay I could be dead on the floor.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe during the summer holidays I can experiment. At the moment I’m lucky if I’ve time for breakfast with school run etc

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_1528890163.385582.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I get good bread from Pat the Baker. It’s 10g carb per slice.
That’s not bad for bread! I sometimes have LivLife but can only get it from Waitrose, which I don’t have near me. It’s 3.6g carbs per quite small slice, but makes nice toast. I often make 90 second bread - 30g ground almonds mixed with a beaten egg and plenty of seasoning in a rectangular takeaway tub - nuked for 90 seconds. I sometimes try fry it after to get a nice toasty colour and crunch. Only 3g a slab and really filling. Makes a good pizza base too.

Avocado, king prawns and mayo for lunch... @5.6mmol :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Big up to the porridge, Mornflakes is 56g carbs per 100g and Quakers/Scotts is 61g per 100g, for me 60g in a bowl with 300ml water & a small drop of milk to taste makes the mornings much more palatable, 3u units Humalog 20 minutes or so before hand and we're cooking on gas, well not really as I do it in the microwave, and provided everything's working properly lol I can eat another 25g carbs in wholemeal bread and three poached eggs.

Other days I need a correction jab but can live like this to enjoy the benefits of oats for my heart. and they're the only oats I'm getting right now so I carry on regardless :p.

Last edited:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Allergic to BACON!!! Oh man i feel for you. :arghh:
Thanks lovely. It’s miserable. I became allergic to meat, poultry and cow dairy about two years ago - I get some quite alarming breathing difficulties. I’m the world’s most resentful vegetarian :meh:

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
BG down to 3.0 at 12:45 so had a 15g correction.

but @ 13:15 BG is 3.7 and now eating lunch (took 7 NR units at 12:15)

happy ish with that.

edited to add, Waitrose Greek Yoghurt (the 10% fat one) is proper lush

Last edited:
Reactions: LooperCat

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: SueJB