Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What no Karen this morning? Hope all's well.

@urbanracer where do you get alerts about stuff like the course you posted? Did I miss it on here somewhere?

Hope you're all getting some of the sun I've got right now - making the most 'cos it ain't gonna last....

Reactions: Marie 2

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
What no Karen this morning? Hope all's well.

@urbanracer where do you get alerts about stuff like the course you posted? Did I miss it on here somewhere?

Hope you're all getting some of the sun I've got right now - making the most 'cos it ain't gonna last....

Hi @hh1

I am a member of a couple of diabetes related Facebook groups. Sometimes I bring information back here and once or twice l have suggested that our forum members join one of the groups if I think it will help with a specific issue or if a wider audience might be of benefit.
I got this info from a very active group named The Insulin Gang.

You have sun ?! Mrs Urb and I are still in our dressing gowns as it seems to have been raining since we woke up.:( The forecast shows it lasting until 7pm (ish) so not sure what to do with the day.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Jaylee, I saw on another thread that you had some odd symptoms; have you managed to book a PCR test? Hope it’s just one of those jab effects and nothing we need to worry about.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, thanks @urbanracer, might have to have a look at that. And yes, sorry to crow (not really) had sun in this part of Somerset all day yesterday:smug:

@karen8967 I laughed out loud at the thought of you hiding in the bathroom! Hope you had a good time with them and you're in recovery now :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Nothing to report here, off for a dog play date this morning, outside after that if the rain holds off, not due a day like yesterday again sadly...have a good day all

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all
Can anyone send me a link to download xdrip for my android phone. I'm still using Libre 1 and miaomiao 2. Can't find it anywhere and have unistalled it!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, thanks @urbanracer, might have to have a look at that. And yes, sorry to crow (not really) had sun in this part of Somerset all day yesterday:smug:

@karen8967 I laughed out loud at the thought of you hiding in the bathroom! Hope you had a good time with them and you're in recovery now :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Nothing to report here, off for a dog play date this morning, outside after that if the rain holds off, not due a day like yesterday again sadly...have a god day all
just about hh1 :hilarious:

Reactions: oldgreymare

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Reactions: Marie 2

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @urbanracer ,

How's things with yer hand?

Well I cannot see under the bandages but I think I'm doing OK thanks. I'm off the antibiotics since Thursday and Mr Consultant is happy with the progress. So the next big test is seeing him again Tuesday at 2pm and confirming that the infection has not come back.

Would you believe that I actually managed to prick the other thumb last night:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Made sure I squeezed as much blood out as I could this time and it seems OK, thankfully.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I cannot see under the bandages but I think I'm doing OK thanks. I'm off the antibiotics since Thursday and Mr Consultant is happy with the progress. So the next big test is seeing him again Tuesday at 2pm and confirming that the infection has not come back.

Would you believe that I actually managed to prick the other thumb last night:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Made sure I squeezed as much blood out as I could this time and it seems OK, thankfully.
As long as you're getting encouraging glimpses during a dressing change it can only get better.

You mean you tested on the dodgy thumb..? I'm not certain what style of bandage you have going on. But if you are sporting a "Fonzie" posture. it's there for the taking.. ;)

Happy days! :cool:

Henry_Winkley_Fonzie_Happy_Days_Leather_Jacket_200524_gf44stm7jp.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all
Can anyone send me a link to download xdrip for my android phone. I'm still using Libre 1 and miaomiao 2. Can't find it anywhere and have unistalled it!!

Hi,

In the files folder on your phone, is the XDrip APK not still in the downloads folder?
You should be able to click on it & re-install. If it is..

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
As long as you're getting encouraging glimpses during a dressing change it can only get better.

You mean you tested on the dodgy thumb..? I'm not certain what style of bandage you have going on. But if you are sporting a "Fonzie" posture. it's there for the taking.. ;)

Happy days! :cool:

View attachment 49559

I meant that I managed to stab my left thumb with a used insulin needle which is exactly how the current problem started. I was panicking for a while as I can't be doing with both hands bandaged up!

Depending on which nurse is assisting, I seem to get a different bandage style each time I go. At the moment it's not too bulky but I've had some that double the size of my thumb.
upload_2021-5-23_15-33-47.png

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I meant that I managed to stab my left thumb with a used insulin needle which is exactly how the current problem started. I was panicking for a while as I can't be doing with both hands bandaged up!

Depending on which nurse is assisting, I seem to get a different bandage style each time I go. At the moment it's not too bulky but I've had some that double the size of my thumb.
View attachment 49560

Yep, I noticed they can have their own style with dressings..
That one don't look to cumbersome.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi,

In the files folder on your phone, is the XDrip APK not still in the downloads folder?
You should be able to click on it & re-install. If it is..
Thanks @Jaylee, I'll check if I can ever find where the downloads are, shocking memory and no idea about how to use my phone but I think I was trying to create more space and may have deleted them.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

View attachment 49560
impressive @urbanracer. Like the wine label too but prefer rose.