Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning everyone,

Hope your second pump day is ok @Mel dCP

I'm going to increase my morning basal again today, by another unit, see what happens. Not doing anything interesting today, or to be more accurate, I'm doing things that interest me, but that are not interesting enough to reveal the details for public consumption.
Now you just can't leave it like that

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That turned into a long day, I've been working my way around the car bodging fixing a few faults, but the onboard computer wouldn't switch the cooling fan on, I've borrowed a laptop to scan the thing and it tells me there's a communication fault, long story short there's now a fused switched supply from the battery to a relay and the cooling fan now works, but at the cost of the skin on my knees and elbows :( and some parts from the scrap yard, mad thing is all my adult life I've had fingers when oily and scrubbed look like pepper pots on the ends from all the finger pricks being grubby but not today :)

I put my gingerbread man back on my Libre too :p but my carb ratios can vary due to gymming and swimming so don't rely on it, it's a good indicator tho.

Reactions: porl69
K

Knikki

All the hypos are doing my nut in now. It is affecting my work. I am constantly check8ng my libre and bgs. I am hoping for the 649H and the enlite sensors, even if I 8 onlyl get the sensors on a temp basis. The 640G can temporarily suspend basal when it spots a downward trend and resumes when all is go8ng well

Had to Google that and it certainly looks an interesting bit of kit and if it help manage the Hypo's then it has to be a good thing. All the best in trying to get one.

Well made another "town hall" of things o_O ended the day on an LO so sorted that out and woke at 14.5 ~sigh~

Never mind, have that Ginger Bread man on the Libre now see what that does, but at the moment I'm not happy with NovaRapid so have an appointment with my DSN tomorrow to talk insulins.

Should be interesting.:nurse:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
See, I knew there'd be clever techy people who could help! Thanks Scott and Mel :)

Yes, thanks Scott and Mel, just set it up. It’s frustrating that my reader doesn’t do half units but a rough guide’s very useful! I wish wish wish the local med team were as helpful!

Reactions: kitedoc

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, thanks Scott and Mel, just set it up. It’s frustrating that my reader doesn’t do half units but a rough guide’s very useful! I wish wish wish the local med team were as helpful!

Is that a Libre reader you refer to? Just .5u settings are also in the professional options bit too.

I had a spike to 16 in my sleep, bad choice eating the spare fishcake with a late tea, child only wanted the one and I'd got a pair of breaded cod fillets and 2 fish cakes, bloods come down faster on Tresiba than they did on Lantus, that's for sure! (tho mowing the back lawn helped)

I think we're going swimming at 12, and if her mum's shy answering the phone we're going to Tadcaster to watch a York City Legends side play in a fundraiser, failing that my mate and I will take the mountain bikes for a spin, I'm a gym session down too so with a bit of luck I'll get a light session in after tea.

Enjoy the sunshine y'all :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That turned into a long day, I've been working my way around the car bodging fixing a few faults, but the onboard computer wouldn't switch the cooling fan on, I've borrowed a laptop to scan the thing and it tells me there's a communication fault, long story short there's now a fused switched supply from the battery to a relay and the cooling fan now works, but at the cost of the skin on my knees and elbows :( and some parts from the scrap yard, mad thing is all my adult life I've had fingers when oily and scrubbed look like pepper pots on the ends from all the finger pricks being grubby but not today :)

I put my gingerbread man back on my Libre too :p but my carb ratios can vary due to gymming and swimming so don't rely on it, it's a good indicator tho.

Hi Kev,

Good morning!

You fitted a manual override switch to the cooling fan relay..? :cool: Not sure what vehicle you have. Did you check the engine temp sender or the connection to it? Usually one wire with a locking "spade"connection which can foul up with age?

Reactions: kitedoc and kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all! Had a good night’s sleep, and woke up to this, so quite happy :) Day out in Marlborough with the hublet and Mad Jean, collecting my boy as well, hope there’s smooth sailing all around <3

First pod change due this afternoon...

70E9410E-4F7C-4810-B08E-4371818DD777.jpeg

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning evryone hope you all had a good day/night. Unfortunatley I had one of those night.

After 2 days of my libre graph looking like a stroll through Holland, last night my type 1 decided that was too easy lets try the Alps again, just to keep me on my toes

I was having a big meal last night my weekly treat, Chinese curry and rice, about 110 g of carbs, which is more than my usual daily carbs. Anyhoo, 7.1 at start decided to split the dose, taking the 2nd lot about 2 hours after first one. It rose to 10.3 which I can live with after 1.5 hours and after a further 45 mins I checked again. 3.9 with a downwards arrow. Not good, kettle on 4 spoonfuls of sugar in a cup of coffee, mmmm. Before I drank checked again now down to 3.1 with downward arrow. Panic starts to set in as blood test also says 3.2. Coffee downed PDQ followed by 2 biscuits. BG starts to rise slowly then its off to bed

At 00.30 its at 7.2. I wake up again at 2.00 its now 15.9, with half up arrow. correction overdose taken its back to sleep. Wake up at 3.30 and its now 19.9 with half up arrow. How is that even possible. Never done this before so another correction dose. Woke up at 8 am and its now 8.4, finally.

The only certainty about type 1 is the uncertainty.

Lets get back to a wee stroll through Holland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
This diabetes lark. Late yesterday afternoon, I did a pre-meal bolus, and my blood sugar went shooting up, inside of doing a little dip, and I had to do a lot of correcting. Something similar happened this lunch time.

So all prepared, I did 2 units about half an hour before eating, and what did it do, it went shooting downwards, and I had to eat my food in the wrong order, sweetest thing first.

I wonder if this is the end of the strangely high blood sugars? and I'll never really know what caused them, I can guess, but I don't really know. Anyway, will see what happens.
Hi @Alison54321, What a conundrum ! ? hi GI/GL food vs stomach emptying too quickly (dumping syndrome) in the former and ? injection of short-acting into muscle --> super quick absorption vs lower GI food with early injection of short-acting in the latter and ??maybe long-acting effect more or less greater. ???

Reactions: Alison54321

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning all! Had a good night’s sleep, and woke up to this, so quite happy :) Day out in Marlborough with the hublet and Mad Jean, collecting my boy as well, hope there’s smooth sailing all around <3

View attachment 27896
Hi @Mel dCP , Smooth as ...., congrats !!! Pod on !!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Kev,

Good morning!

You fitted a manual override switch to the cooling fan relay..? :cool: Not sure what vehicle you have. Did you check the engine temp sender or the connection to it? Usually one wire with a locking "spade"connection which can foul up with age?

Xsara Picasso, 48 overheats the ecu told me, temp sender swapped with a known working one, new resistors & relays, thermostat, the obd simply says a data error and a communication fault, I've had the dash out, both fuse boxes, harness continuity tested, it knows its overheating in traffic but couldn't switch the fan on even when telling me it's overheating.

'Twas a cheap car, needed for emptying a house and the tip's in our town centre, the new switch is the old hazard warning one from my Saxo (also on the drive like a metal flower :p ) and I put a fused 5a feed from the battery, wire run under the carpet to my new square hole where the spare blanked cig lighter hole was (new hole cut with ahacksaw blade and finished with a file) and wired to the relay as the low current circuit where the fan power comes from.

Proud of my bodge up :p :p

Reactions: porl69 and kitedoc

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

View attachment 27896
Another good line Mel. Good luck with the pod change later, let us know how it goes.

Here is my line from last night. Bit of q late riser today
Screenshot_20180805-103055_LibreLink.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Had to Google that and it certainly looks an interesting bit of kit and if it help manage the Hypo's then it has to be a good thing. All the best in trying to get one.

Well made another "town hall" of things o_O ended the day on an LO so sorted that out and woke at 14.5 ~sigh~

Never mind, have that Ginger Bread man on the Libre now see what that does, but at the moment I'm not happy with NovaRapid so have an appointment with my DSN tomorrow to talk insulins.

Should be interesting.:nurse:
Plus I have had a gutsful of injections lol

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Alison54321, What a conundrum ! ? hi GI/GL food vs stomach emptying too quickly (dumping syndrome) in the former and ? injection of short-acting into muscle --> super quick absorption vs lower GI food with early injection of short-acting in the latter and ??maybe long-acting effect more or less greater. ???

Not sure it's that complicated, I didn't eat anything significantly different to what I normally eat I think I was just more stressed for a few days, it just seemed to all change about 6pm yesterday. Since then, I've been back in Holland, as @smc4761 calls it, but for a few days it felt like a trip through the Rhondda valleys.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Not sure it's that complicated, I didn't eat anything significantly different to what I normally eat I think I was just more stressed for a few days, it just seemed to all change about 6pm yesterday. Since then, I've been back in Holland, as @smc4761 calls it, but for a few days it felt like a trip through the Rhondda valleys.
If in doubt, blame the weather (it can't answer back )!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Xsara Picasso, 48 overheats the ecu told me, temp sender swapped with a known working one, new resistors & relays, thermostat, the obd simply says a data error and a communication fault, I've had the dash out, both fuse boxes, harness continuity tested, it knows its overheating in traffic but couldn't switch the fan on even when telling me it's overheating.

'Twas a cheap car, needed for emptying a house and the tip's in our town centre, the new switch is the old hazard warning one from my Saxo (also on the drive like a metal flower :p ) and I put a fused 5a feed from the battery, wire run under the carpet to my new square hole where the spare blanked cig lighter hole was (new hole cut with ahacksaw blade and finished with a file) and wired to the relay as the low current circuit where the fan power comes from.

Proud of my bodge up :p :p

Lol, sweet! I'm more a Mazda guy myself.

Maybe you you should write a book? (A driver's bible.) "Think like an ECU." ;):D

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

'Twas a cheap car, needed for emptying a house and the tip's in our town centre, the new switch is the old hazard warning one from my Saxo (also on the drive like a metal flower ) and I put a fused 5a feed from the battery, wire run under the carpet to my new square hole where the spare blanked cig lighter hole was (new hole cut with ahacksaw blade and finished with a file) and wired to the relay as the low current circuit where the fan power comes from.

Proud of my bodge up :p
Oh the joys of EML. The code reader only gives you an idea of what the fault is. It's then up to the mechanic to sort it out. Hate EMLs in work! Top bodge btw that's what I would have done