Type 1'stars R Us

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a strange day today, had brekkie as normal at 9 am and BG started to tail off until it hit 4.2 at lunch. Had 35 g of carbs and held off taking jab until my BG rose a bit as I was driving. 40 minutes later it hit 5.1 so still held off the jab until I got to destination. Got to destination went for a gentle stroll dropped to 3.8 so had some chocolate and a biscuit about 30 g of carbs, 2 hours later it still at 5.3 and I still have had no jab. Drove home and at 5pm it hit 6.3, by 5.30 it shoots up to 10.3. Time for jab. take that and here at 6 pm now 13.2. Type 1's revenge for having some chocolate at about 2pm.

Unusual day as I like to have my BG especially when I am out at about 7

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have itchy eyes today, and now my nose has started running, like crazy. It's almost as if I have hay fever. It would be typical of me to get it early August, when everyone else gets it in about April and May.

I wonder if that's why my blood sugars went a bit weird. I've never thought of myself as having hay fever before, but there is definitely something causing a problem.

I looked at the hayfever calendar, and there's a bit of grass, could be lingering, otherwise it's mugwort, and nettles.

Apparently mugwort could be the problem............well that's a bit sort of, unromantic, an allergy to grass, or birch pollen, at least suggests some sort of interesting sensitivity, but mugwort.

Anyway, I wonder if it is the problem?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have itchy eyes today, and now my nose has started running, like crazy. It's almost as if I have hay fever. It would be typical of me to get it early August, when everyone else gets it in about April and May.

I wonder if that's why my blood sugars went a bit weird. I've never thought of myself as having hay fever before, but there is definitely something causing a problem.

I looked at the hayfever calendar, and there's a bit of grass, could be lingering, otherwise it's mugwort, and nettles.

Apparently mugwort could be the problem............well that's a bit sort of, unromantic, an allergy to grass, or birch pollen, at least suggests some sort of interesting sensitivity, but mugwort.

Really could be. Worth taking antihistamines for? I take one (or two in summer) daily and it really helps.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:) Ok so I see what folk mean about Tresiba and exercise, having been to the gym at 9.6 and am currently at 3,8 according to Lucy Libre, and 4.3 on a finger stick so I'm not actually hypo :) but Dextrotabs have worked a treat and I've hammered it today :)

Late tea's a 'puttanesca' and it's simmering in the pan waiting for the rice to cool in the fridge before a reheat, the rabbit's loose in the garden and needs catching as he thinks he's being funny and he knows with his 8th birthday coming up he's not going to end up in the pie I often threaten him with :p

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’m off to Bedfordshire, chaps, this heat is killing me and I have a ceiling fan over my bed...

Been an ok day until I made king prawn fried (cauliflower) rice - bolused for the carbs but not the protein and now I’m in the nines and rising two hours after. Have set the Omnibot to give me a unit and a half extra over two hours so hopefully it’ll bring me down without too much of a bump. Note to self, remember prawns are basically cake as far as my idiot body is concerned!

Talking of which, I’m making this cake tomorrow, it’s birthday week (both me and the hublet) and I want CHOCKLIT CAKE dammit!

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-chocolate-ganache-layer-cake/

And when it serves two, rest assured that it means me, twice :D

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I missed that, people saying that going to the gym while using Tresiba will hypo you?

Or is it just that amount your using at the moment?

I thought it had a flat long lasting profile, well more so that Lantus?

It's flattish, likes to drop a bit with exercise but not as badly as Lantus can although I'd not have attempted 3 sports in a day on Lantus :p like no way josé :p

I'm still on a learning curve with it, I need to eat tea earlier and be out of bed for 07.30 at the latest as there's a drop then, bog standard porridge wants 0.5u less and I've changed wholemeal bread to one at 13g a slice back from 9g :) lunch is nailed on with a slight variance in carbs required, but I'd expect that, I dropped from 22u Lantus to 16u Tresiba and the hypos I have had aren't as bad as Lantus ones, but I probably used too much L to maintain a 24 hour baseline.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Off to bed now, after watching Unforgotten ( friend told me about this) and it's quite intriguing, James Fleet, Neil Morrisey 10.9 before bed, zzzzzzzzzzzz, goodnight all x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I missed that, people saying that going to the gym while using Tresiba will hypo you?

Or is it just that amount your using at the moment?

I thought it had a flat long lasting profile, well more so that Lantus?

My BS has been much better on Tresiba, was on Levemir before, but not a lot of exercise over the past few weeks, so that should change over time.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
It's flattish, likes to drop a bit with exercise but not as badly as Lantus can although I'd not have attempted 3 sports in a day on Lantus :p like no way josé :p

I'm still on a learning curve with it, I need to eat tea earlier and be out of bed for 07.30 at the latest as there's a drop then, bog standard porridge wants 0.5u less and I've changed wholemeal bread to one at 13g a slice back from 9g :) lunch is nailed on with a slight variance in carbs required, but I'd expect that, I dropped from 22u Lantus to 16u Tresiba and the hypos I have had aren't as bad as Lantus ones, but I probably used too much L to maintain a 24 hour baseline.
@KEW-w were you training for the triathalon ??

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I’m off to Bedfordshire, chaps, this heat is killing me and I have a ceiling fan over my bed...

Been an ok day until I made king prawn fried (cauliflower) rice - bolused for the carbs but not the protein and now I’m in the nines and rising two hours after. Have set the Omnibot to give me a unit and a half extra over two hours so hopefully it’ll bring me down without too much of a bump. Note to self, remember prawns are basically cake as far as my idiot body is concerned!

Talking of which, I’m making this cake tomorrow, it’s birthday week (both me and the hublet) and I want CHOCKLIT CAKE dammit!

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-chocolate-ganache-layer-cake/

And when it serves two, rest assured that it means me, twice :D
@Mel dCP, are you still on 180% basal, and 80% plus on boluses as well ? Please do not spare the horses on the choccy cake bolus !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
:) Ok so I see what folk mean about Tresiba and exercise, having been to the gym at 9.6 and am currently at 3,8 according to Lucy Libre, and 4.3 on a finger stick so I'm not actually hypo :) but Dextrotabs have worked a treat and I've hammered it today :)

Late tea's a 'puttanesca' and it's simmering in the pan waiting for the rice to cool in the fridge before a reheat, the rabbit's loose in the garden and needs catching as he thinks he's being funny and he knows with his 8th birthday coming up he's not going to end up in the pie I often threaten him with :p
And how much less insulin do you allow for exercise in catching the rabbit, @KEW-w?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

Not dure, bub andihidamines mighd helpp .

Reactions: Alison54321

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Lovely day out with the fam in Marlborough, sugars took a bit of surge late morning, so will put that on a watching brief for a couple of days before making any basal rate changes. Pinged my nine day old sensor off when I got changed just now :banghead: so thought I’d recharge the MiaoMiao while it’s warming up :borg:

Pod change in an hour...

View attachment 27909
Thank you picture: proof of concept !!

Reactions: porl69

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning or moaning all. Last night's thunder, lightening and pouring rain precluded most sleep. Now on 20% increase in pump basal plus same for bolus to deal with the strain. I got to watch a far bit of the TV movies series Broadchurch and some of the cliff shots left me positively in a vertiginous state (and for those of a mischievous nature, no, I did not mispel vertiginous).
Slow day ahead on the riverboat of life, no making of bold and important decisions or solving half the world's problems, and no driving unless I have caught up more sleep. I predict some weeding of the garden in my near future.
Enjoy your day in the summer-dominated Northern Hemisphere or wintery Southern one.