Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

Afternoon all.

Thing's here in the Lakes are damp and trying to be sunny.

Bloods not bad few ups and downs after Monday night but on the whole ok.

@kev-w do like your food thread, dare not stick some of the foods in eating at the moment up there :rolleyes::hilarious:

@Mel dCP Canon 5D? The Mk1? Been thinking about getting one of those for a while, you can get nice colours out of that machine, tend to find the later models have a 'cool' colour to them which not a fan of.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all.

@kev-w do like your food thread, dare not stick some of the foods in eating at the moment up there :rolleyes::hilarious:

@Mel dCP Canon 5D? The Mk1? Been thinking about getting one of those for a while, you can get nice colours out of that machine, tend to find the later models have a 'cool' colour to them which not a fan of.
Yup, the very first one. With my lovely f1.2 50mm prime lens the thing can practically see in the dark!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well after having a great couple of days and my lowest ever average, I good this morning but since lunch it shot up to 15.2. OOOps, chucked in 7 units and it only dropped back to 13.5, 2 hours later, checked again 45 mins after that and its gone up again to 14.6.

The revenge of the type 1 demon. How dare I try to have good BG:(

Maybe it the excitement of going on holiday, tomorrow

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well after having a great couple of days and my lowest ever average, I good this morning but since lunch it shot up to 15.2. OOOps, chucked in 7 units and it only dropped back to 13.5, 2 hours later, checked again 45 mins after that and its gone up again to 14.6.

The revenge of the type 1 demon. How dare I try to have good BG:(

Maybe it the excitement of going on holiday, tomorrow

Could be excitement, some people have been saying it's the changing temperatures, as it starts to get colder, insulin requirements increase, could be that.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1537982145768.jpg

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Afternoon all.

Whereabouts in the lakes are you staying?

Reactions: Knikki
K

Knikki

Yup, the very first one. With my lovely f1.2 50mm prime lens the thing can practically see in the dark!

And you said the Bronica was heavy :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: That lens alone must as much ;)

Evening all another fab day of cake and hot tub, not at the same time mind :joyful:

All well with the world?

Reactions: kev-w
K

Knikki

Whereabouts in the lakes are you staying?

Hawkshead, strange little place very quite even in the evening time (unlike Keswick which always seems busy) there appear to very very few street lights so the place is mainly lit by the shops, giving it a very strange ambiance.
It's nice dont get me wrong, just odd, and suites us fine :)

@smc4761 have a great time in the land of horizontal rain :hilarious:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If I'm going to be having One of Those Weeks, I might as well do a Proper Job.

So, Yours Truly decides to decant the used needles and test strips from the old test strip pots, which I use in the cliplock box where it all lives to be carted around the workplace, into the sharps bin. A daily activity just in case any students decide to investigate my belongings more closely than I would like. To be fair, the bag the box lives in is on me or with the student meds bags at all times so I'm pretty confident my lot wouldn't mess with it, and if I'm with ones I don't usually work with, well the bag stays on me.

Except, I had put the tubs in the wrong places and tipped half a tub of unused strips into the sharps bin instead...

Cue much bad language, a quick think about when I last changed my lancet, and decided there wouldn't be one in the bin as I did the change when the bin got changed a couple of weeks ago... out it all came and 23 unused test strips rapidly retrieved. The things I do to save the NHS money!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
And you said the Bronica was heavy :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: That lens alone must as much ;)

Evening all another fab day of cake and hot tub, not at the same time mind :joyful:

All well with the world?
It’s physically a tiny lens that cost what I sold my entire Bronica setup for... :shifty:

Reactions: Cumberland

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hawkshead, strange little place very quite even in the evening time (unlike Keswick which always seems busy) there appear to very very few street lights so the place is mainly lit by the shops, giving it a very strange ambiance.
It's nice dont get me wrong, just odd, and suites us fine :)

@smc4761 have a great time in the land of horizontal rain :hilarious:

Was in Keswick last week, very wet, very windy, very busy.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all :) a waking 6.1 dropping to 4.4 in 10 minutes, 1 dextro tab and I'm sat at 5.1 and have injected, it'll rise to about 6 before dropping.

Talking about prescriptions in another post I had an issue yesterday, I'm having more injections now I'm on Tresiba so am using more needles, I had to take a script in for immediate attention as I only had a few left, and the doctor wants me to make an appointment to discuss this :p I explained to reception to check my notes and they'll see the increase has come since starting on T and the Dr could ring if he wanted, but that's not good enough, I have to come in if I want an extra box on my script although they'll issue the script however often I bring it in.:p

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Talking about prescriptions in another post I had an issue yesterday, I'm having more injections now I'm on Tresiba so am using more needles, I had to take a script in for immediate attention as I only had a few left, and the doctor wants me to make an appointment to discuss this :p I explained to reception to check my notes and they'll see the increase has come since starting on T and the Dr could ring if he wanted, but that's not good enough, I have to come in if I want an extra box on my script although they'll issue the script however often I bring it in.:p

My last prescription only had 1 box of needles, not 2, that may have been a mistake, these things do happen, but I'll have to check with the next time.

This perception of Type 1 diabetes as low hanging fruit in the cost savings on prescriptions crusade is a bit annoying, especially as it comes at a time when the technology options are increasing, and we have the potential to move to better management than ever. Exactly the wrong time to start this sort of penny pinching.

I was googling and found this yesterday, in April last year Diabetes UK started talking about this issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...lth-by-rationing-test-strips-diabetes-uk-says

We are just going to have to use pester power, everyone else does it, so might as well join in.