Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you use the interweb to help to learn guitar? I work in a 'monkey see, monkey do' style and YouTube has been my friend there :) I find an Aussie guy, Justin Sandercoe to be very helpful...

Or with me being tone deaf as helpful as I'll get :p

I'm not very good at "monkey see, monkey do" I've tended to find a song, and learn to play it, using what I know, and developing from that, but I feel as if I've reached the limit of what I can do that way. So the class is very much switching to more of a "monkey see, monkey do" style learning.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot my basal last night. Not a disaster but annoying.
Did the same thing - had to go home from A&E when I remembered to take it and come back again (things are OK btw).

Took a correction and got back down to normal levels and even though I haven't slept DP kicked in at usual time and I'm running high again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning

Its Friiiidaaaay

Pre swim 6.8
Post swim 10.1
Correction given and bedtime reading 5.3. Woke up on 3.7 and had apparently been low all night ‍♀️
Yep, it is at that 6 hour + mark where the muscles dip into the blood stream to replenish their expended glucose supplies that does it. I reduce my pump's basal rate by 20 to 30% for 4 hours after exercise to allow for this. The Novorapid duration is about 6 to 8 hours so the reduction seems to work for me. It may be different for you but I find night time hypos are ghastly so am very mindful about this when I exercise in the late afternoon or evening in particular.
When I was on MDI, Novorapid pre-meal and Lantus am and pm, I would reduce both the Novorapid which would be acting after the exercise and the same with the Lantus.
Best Wishes !!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meh....

The morning didn't go to plan, short gap between fast acting jab and porridge guaranteed a spike, and guess what? Yeah I corrected for it stupidly enough as no sooner had I jabbed my bloods started dropping, sat at 9.1 thanks to a Kit Kat and my pet lip stuck out, I've a couple of 'bonus' jobs to do yet, but they won't take long, swimming's planned but may be swerved, depends on what's what with blood levels, I've had quite a smug week so I guess it's pay back :)

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, it is at that 6 hour + mark where the muscles dip into the blood stream to replenish their expended glucose supplies that does it. I reduce my pump's basal rate by 20 to 30% for 4 hours after exercise to allow for this. The Novorapid duration is about 6 to 8 hours so the reduction seems to work for me. It may be different for you but I find night time hypos are ghastly so am very mindful about this when I exercise in the late afternoon or evening in particular.
When I was on MDI, Novorapid pre-meal and Lantus am and pm, I would reduce both the Novorapid which would be acting after the exercise and the same with the Lantus.
Best Wishes !!

Ah thank you for this. Building up the amount of exercise I am doing over the next few weeks so think I will be making more changes- so will keep this in mind.

I am on MDI.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I've always wondered what would happen in that situation. @Diakat how did that effect your BG?
I was high this morning so a correction with rapid and half my usual basal dose (I don't split) so back to 6.3 now.
I could have skipped basal for today and just watched levels and corrected, but the small basal shot should fix things for the rest of the day.

K

Knikki

Am I the only one that keeps thinking @porl69 had a problem with "frozen peas"?

Nope :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Well back down with a bump, having said that bar Monday everything has been fairly level except for a lot night about 3 corrections to try and keep everything in the green.

Tonight, I need my beauty sleep so s0d the BSL and I am switching all the alarms off and sleep all the way through.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good job I blinked at the 14.9 first reading of the day and retested to a high-ish but more reasonable 9.8. and didn't calculate the correction dose for the first number. I was expecting to be higher than usual as I'd eaten a bit later yesterday, hadn't gone for a post-prandial stroll and in general had walked less than usual, which does usually lead to a slightly higher fasting number in the morning. Other than that, it's all been good all day.

However, it's been a horrible week work-wise, and I'm still processing some of it, but on the plus side, I will be getting paid a bit more for some hours a week which will be back-dated (how far I'm not totally sure, but there's talk of backdating it to the beginning of last year) as I will be officially teaching those hours rather than just being the support assistant in charge. Well, I never was "just" the support assistant in charge, as we all knew, but these things are complicated in my world.

In the meantime, I'm off for a quick stroll to put some letters in the post, enjoy the last bit of light in the evenings, and de-compress from the week.

K

Knikki

@Mel dCP I'm sure you and your Borg pod will be fine until you start jumping about that might test it's staying power :)

Morning...

Woke up with a 2.9 some wedding cake sorted that out at 06:25. Start the day with cake, the day can only get better.

After coffee and breakfast all is running mid 5 :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP I'm sure you and your Borg pod will be fine until you start jumping about that might test it's staying power :)

Morning...

Woke up with a 2.9 some wedding cake sorted that out at 06:25. Start the day with cake, the day can only get better.

After coffee and breakfast all is running mid 5 :)
Breakfast of champions!

Reactions: Knikki and kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
In other news, I think this sensor is reading low... thank goodness for blood calibrated readings! New one installed and awaiting activation...

EB541C93-92B1-458A-A225-780FFFFC1B6A.jpeg A521E22C-13A8-4458-99A8-0305323A55C7.jpeg

Reactions: kev-w