Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@porl69 . Happy birthday.

52???????? Where have all the years gone?

Hope you’ve had and continue to have a great day.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening y'all (& happy birthday Porl :) )
A bad hypo in my sleep leading to a discipline breakdown treating it and my young un's got no Kit Kats left, leading to a rise that rose a bit more, corrected and ate with insulin and back up it went, another jab and I'm sat at 6.2 with a line in a southerly direction as I went for a walk/stomp for a couple of miles. as I didn't get my swim in.

It's a load of Mels cat some days....

Reactions: porl69

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
For those of us with blinged libres, @Mel dCP , @db89 , @Knikki , @evilclive , a post on this twitter thread made me laugh. We're practising WITCHCRAFT!

https://mobile.twitter.com/sotonDSN/status/1044973516167270400

Screenshot_2018-09-30-11-58-31.png

Reactions: db89

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Penblwydd Hapus @porl69 !

A worry for when blood test calibration is removed from the next model !!

It’s only calibrate-able through the unofficial stuff, if I didn’t have that I’d have binned this sensor a week early. This is where the aftermarket stuff is so good. Even a sketchy sensor is often redeemable.

Had a great weekend at the gig, line not bad considering...

C211E503-E6C8-49B0-AB9C-87973C66D6F4.jpeg
Had my first pod failure today, had fitted it at my friends’ house on Friday night, and it started screaming this afternoon. We were just paying for parking and initially I thought it was the payment machine. We got in the car and my friend said that the tinnitus from the gig was getting louder.... then we twigged! So I had to do a quick pod change in the back of the car. I keep a spare in my (surprisingly small) handbag, so it was no bother really.

Reactions: kev-w and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thank you all for my b'day wishes. Had an amazing evening, drank way too many sex on the beaches....and b'day cake. And now on a 15.6 with a straight up arrow. Grrr. Correction dose going in now and will wait half hour and see what happens. Oh the joys

Reactions: kev-w

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Penblwydd Hapus @porl69 !

It’s only calibrate-able through the unofficial stuff, if I didn’t have that I’d have binned this sensor a week early. This is where the aftermarket stuff is so good. Even a sketchy sensor is often redeemable.

Had a great weekend at the gig, line not bad considering...

Had my first pod failure today, had fitted it at my friends’ house on Friday night, and it started screaming this afternoon. We were just paying for parking and initially I thought it was the payment machine. We got in the car and my friend said that the tinnitus from the gig was getting louder.... then we twigged! So I had to do a quick pod change in the back of the car. I keep a spare in my (surprisingly small) handbag, so it was no bother really.
Well done. I go in to be trained on the new Tandem pump tomorrow and thereafter shall miss the 'Fur Elise" alarms of the Animas. Maybe selectable alarm sounds/tunes will become a selling point in future!! Although not much use during a gig!!

Reactions: porl69

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all and happy Monday :p

12.1 waking for me, but I've sat for an hour after my jab and my blood's not moved in an hour, I've had a few corrections this weekend so am thinking the Humalog's gone off, although Saturday nights hypo was real enough, another half hour and the cartridge is going in the bin and I'll have another 2.5u of fresh.

Odd....

Edit, I've dropped to 11.3 and haven't YET eaten so that cartridge is in the bin and another 2.5u taken, I've not had the best sugar weekend and have corrected lots.

And I'm hungry :(

Last edited:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning, just about! @kitedoc I have got my watch set to buzz if I drop below 4 when I’m at gigs and driving, so no worries about not hearing alarms. I only have them set to go off between 2200 & 0900 anyway. The rest of the time I’m always glancing at my watch, so I’m generally always aware of what the score is.

Feeling a bit battered after a weekend of crossing the country in the pursuit of music, but had a wonderful time. Bloods currently dropped to the mid threes, so I’ve turned off my pump for an hour and had a dextrose tab. Not doing a great deal other than catching up on the last few days of my crochet project (I’m doing a row with an appropriate colour for each day’s average temperature), snoozing with cats and making fish and chips for dinner.

Wishing you all smooth sailing ❤️

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w