1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Had a good day right up until I finished gym workout. New routine so wasn't sure how it would go.
    Got home , pre bolus and then dinner. Lovely and steady at 8 ish but then it all kicked off. Nice spike upto 16+ and decided to stay there. 10 novorapid correction at 8 pm and finally coming back down now .Just under 9 and dropping. Looks like a "nibble " before bed is on the cards.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Goodnight all sleep well

• Like Like x 5
  3. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Goòd morning everyone have a great day and great numbers

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Morning Karen

Morning T1s

Hoping everyone has a decent day

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone,

Overnight blood sugars quite good. I was just wasting time on twitter, and I saw a Met Office tweet about high pollen levels, coming down a bit today, and a google revealed how last Friday had the highest of the year.

I wonder if that explains why some people here had strangely high blood sugars over the weekend? I don't get hayfever, but if it's very high I do find my asthma is a affected a little bit.

I had really lovely blood sugars on Friday night, then Saturday night/Sunday morning it went high.

Just a dodgy theory, anyone have a view, I'm just testing this theory to see what people think, feel free to agree or disagree.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. mountaintom

mountaintom Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Interesting !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning, 3.6 on both the Libre & a finger stick :/ but I'm ok :)

The sun's got his hat on, have a good day y'all :) oh and a big up to an old tory lord :p

• Like Like x 5
  8. karen8967

Take care kev

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Morning lovely people, went to bed on a 13.4, took my Levemir and 1 unit of correction NovoRapid and woke on a
    7.2 :happy: Have a terrific Tuesday :)

• Like Like x 5
  10. mountaintom

mountaintom Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Nice deflection!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Since this thread began I have felt so more relaxed than I have done in a long time. Although I eat healthily and relatively low carb I was beginning to feel a bit of a failure and guilty for not having those permanently good results, or in fact going totally minimal carb.
    Life with type 1 is a rollercoaster, although I am generally relaxed and never let it stop me doing anything (what’s the point, if I did that life might as well cease now!) or indeed not the type of person to let it defeat me. This thread has been realistic. Yes we can achieve better numbers by being very strict but at the end of the day diet alone will not solve our overall issue. A NON FUNCTIONING PANCREAS! Along comes DP, exercise, stress and illness, all having to be being balanced with different insulin’s.
    Yes everyone will need answers to different questions but seeing the day to day reality is the biggest boost I have had in a long while.
    Thank you all!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  12. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning all! I’m feeling soooooo much better too, peer support has been shown to be a really valuable tool in managing T1. We’re all trying our best to be an entire incredibly complex endocrine system with very blunt tools - it’s like trying to mend a Swiss watch with a hammer and a 12mm spanner.

I was up last night quilting, I’m making a little quilted throw for a friend who is moving into her new place this weekend following the breakup of her very long relationship. Sort of a physical manifestation of a cuddle...

Anyway, 6.1 at 8am (didn’t need to correct at my 0430 check), so had 1.5u Novorapid as a foot on the floor dose. Running in the low sixes so far.

Currently trying not to explode with frustration as my MiaoMiao wasn’t delivered yesterday because my road is bunged up with resurfacing works, and I can’t seem to arrange to collect it because Yodel are (insert many four letter words here) are appalling. Gah. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wishing you all a calm and mellow day with well behaved bodies :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #652 LooperCat, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:52 AM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  13. Circuspony

Circuspony Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hayfever definitely causes me to run high. I'm used to doing the horses and only just hitting 5 to drive to work. Since the sneezes hit I'm all 7/8 after doing the horse jobs and those extra couple of points hang around all day. It's a shame - used to be an excuse for a couple of haribo before hitting the road.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Robinredbreast

Bless you @becca59 . I must admit I prefer the Carousel, just going round and round quite steadily with small little up's and down's along the way, I do try to keep off the Roller coaster, but at times it picks me up and throws me onto the fastest setting, making me feel giddy and nauseas and I just want to get off it :wideyed:
    Take care

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chris Bowsher

Chris Bowsher Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The one time bingo wings are a bonus.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Tony337

Tony337 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I was 5.8 at 5.30 am and slept well which is something I very rarely do so I've tried to find something to moan about all morning but I'm still feeling tickety boo.......

I made some soup for lunch and that was delicious.....

There has to be something wrong somewhere!!

I might just go and get a lottery ticket later..............

Happy times and places

Tony

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. tizzy

tizzy · Well-Known Member

Hi this thread for me has helped a lot as well seeing all the highs and lows everyone has .The frustration and guilt I feel on a daily basis suddenly seams it’s probably the same for a lot of us thank you

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. Work has been work. 25 yrs doing same thing gets slightly monotonous.
    Woke at 4.3 ( I really don't like posting numbers, could it actually be a condition I have?:):))
    Checked back through night on the dexcom and apparently I had been between 4.3 and 4.6 since midnight.
    Cannot believe it didn't dip below 4.1 at least once and activate the low alarm.
    Steady rest of day, going gym now so everything will inevitably going awol for the next few hours.:banghead::banghead:.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Robinredbreast

Some good news. I had a phone call about a job I applied for online with Morrisons in their Nutmeg range, P/T and I now have a telephone interview @9.30 Thursday morning. I am so pleased and keeping my finger's crossed everything goes well :)
    ps has anyone ever had a telephone interview before and has anyone any tips about this type of interview, many thanks X

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. karen8967

Goodluck robs thats fantastic news

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook