Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a good day right up until I finished gym workout. New routine so wasn't sure how it would go.
Got home , pre bolus and then dinner. Lovely and steady at 8 ish but then it all kicked off. Nice spike upto 16+ and decided to stay there. 10 novorapid correction at 8 pm and finally coming back down now .Just under 9 and dropping. Looks like a "nibble " before bed is on the cards.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone,

Overnight blood sugars quite good. I was just wasting time on twitter, and I saw a Met Office tweet about high pollen levels, coming down a bit today, and a google revealed how last Friday had the highest of the year.

I wonder if that explains why some people here had strangely high blood sugars over the weekend? I don't get hayfever, but if it's very high I do find my asthma is a affected a little bit.

I had really lovely blood sugars on Friday night, then Saturday night/Sunday morning it went high.

Just a dodgy theory, anyone have a view, I'm just testing this theory to see what people think, feel free to agree or disagree.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone,

Overnight blood sugars quite good. I was just wasting time on twitter, and I saw a Met Office tweet about high pollen levels, coming down a bit today, and a google revealed how last Friday had the highest of the year.

I wonder if that explains why some people here had strangely high blood sugars over the weekend? I don't get hayfever, but if it's very high I do find my asthma is a affected a little bit.

I had really lovely blood sugars on Friday night, then Saturday night/Sunday morning it went high.

Just a dodgy theory, anyone have a view, I'm just testing this theory to see what people think, feel free to agree or disagree.

Interesting !

Reactions: Alison54321

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since this thread began I have felt so more relaxed than I have done in a long time. Although I eat healthily and relatively low carb I was beginning to feel a bit of a failure and guilty for not having those permanently good results, or in fact going totally minimal carb.
Life with type 1 is a rollercoaster, although I am generally relaxed and never let it stop me doing anything (what’s the point, if I did that life might as well cease now!) or indeed not the type of person to let it defeat me. This thread has been realistic. Yes we can achieve better numbers by being very strict but at the end of the day diet alone will not solve our overall issue. A NON FUNCTIONING PANCREAS! Along comes DP, exercise, stress and illness, all having to be being balanced with different insulin’s.
Yes everyone will need answers to different questions but seeing the day to day reality is the biggest boost I have had in a long while.
Thank you all!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Since this thread began I have felt so more relaxed than I have done in a long time. Although I eat healthily and relatively low carb I was beginning to feel a bit of a failure and guilty for not having those permanently good results, or in fact going totally minimal carb.
Life with type 1 is a rollercoaster, although I am generally relaxed and never let it stop me doing anything (what’s the point, if I did that life might as well cease now!) or indeed not the type of person to let it defeat me. This thread has been realistic. Yes we can achieve better numbers by being very strict but at the end of the day diet alone will not solve our overall issue. A NON FUNCTIONING PANCREAS! Along comes DP, exercise, stress and illness, all having to be being balanced with different insulin’s.
Yes everyone will need answers to different questions but seeing the day to day reality is the biggest boost I have had in a long while.
Thank you all!
Morning all! I’m feeling soooooo much better too, peer support has been shown to be a really valuable tool in managing T1. We’re all trying our best to be an entire incredibly complex endocrine system with very blunt tools - it’s like trying to mend a Swiss watch with a hammer and a 12mm spanner.

I was up last night quilting, I’m making a little quilted throw for a friend who is moving into her new place this weekend following the breakup of her very long relationship. Sort of a physical manifestation of a cuddle...

Anyway, 6.1 at 8am (didn’t need to correct at my 0430 check), so had 1.5u Novorapid as a foot on the floor dose. Running in the low sixes so far.

Currently trying not to explode with frustration as my MiaoMiao wasn’t delivered yesterday because my road is bunged up with resurfacing works, and I can’t seem to arrange to collect it because Yodel are (insert many four letter words here) are appalling. Gah. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wishing you all a calm and mellow day with well behaved bodies :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hayfever definitely causes me to run high. I'm used to doing the horses and only just hitting 5 to drive to work. Since the sneezes hit I'm all 7/8 after doing the horse jobs and those extra couple of points hang around all day. It's a shame - used to be an excuse for a couple of haribo before hitting the road.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thank you all!

Bless you @becca59 . I must admit I prefer the Carousel, just going round and round quite steadily with small little up's and down's along the way, I do try to keep off the Roller coaster, but at times it picks me up and throws me onto the fastest setting, making me feel giddy and nauseas and I just want to get off it :wideyed:
Take care

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a warning - the arm, particularly if you are very lean, can be extremely painful for some people. If I get it in the wrong place I can get huge bruises, almost like blood blisters.

The one time bingo wings are a bonus.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I was 5.8 at 5.30 am and slept well which is something I very rarely do so I've tried to find something to moan about all morning but I'm still feeling tickety boo.......

I made some soup for lunch and that was delicious.....

There has to be something wrong somewhere!!

I might just go and get a lottery ticket later..............

Happy times and places

Tony

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good day everyone. Work has been work. 25 yrs doing same thing gets slightly monotonous.
Woke at 4.3 ( I really don't like posting numbers, could it actually be a condition I have?:):))
Checked back through night on the dexcom and apparently I had been between 4.3 and 4.6 since midnight.
Cannot believe it didn't dip below 4.1 at least once and activate the low alarm.
Steady rest of day, going gym now so everything will inevitably going awol for the next few hours.:banghead::banghead:.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Some good news. I had a phone call about a job I applied for online with Morrisons in their Nutmeg range, P/T and I now have a telephone interview @9.30 Thursday morning. I am so pleased and keeping my finger's crossed everything goes well :)
ps has anyone ever had a telephone interview before and has anyone any tips about this type of interview, many thanks X