Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
The one time bingo wings are a bonus.

I’ve never seen the point of bingo wings, you can run up and down the garden flapping your arms as much as you like and you never take off. Thank you Chris for showing us why they’re there.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
May I just tell you all how much I hate Yodel and their s****y IT systems? The exact same web page says simultaneously that they couldn’t deliver my MiaoMiao parcel because they couldn’t access my house (roadworks) but also that as they hadn’t attempted to deliver it, I can’t arrange to collect it from the depot.

Sorry if I mentioned this before, now running an angry 9.9mmol :mad::mad::mad:

#WheresMyMiaoMiao

Reactions: dbr10

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ps has anyone ever had a telephone interview before and has anyone any tips about this type of interview, many thanks X
I passionately hate talking on the phone, as I often can't hear. Boyfriend suggested to me using headphones, and that really helps. 'Plan' where you're going to take the call - is it somewhere you can hear clearly? You could also try jotting a few things down to have in front of you - say key examples of skills/experiences, why you want the job etc.

Good luck!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some good news. I had a phone call about a job I applied for online with Morrisons in their Nutmeg range, P/T and I now have a telephone interview @9.30 Thursday morning. I am so pleased and keeping my finger's crossed everything goes well :)
ps has anyone ever had a telephone interview before and has anyone any tips about this type of interview, many thanks X

Good luck on Thursday Robin.

Telephone interviews are often done for two reasons. Firstly, they are often used for roles where communication skills are necessary, as there are no distractions to get in the way, and no non-verbal communication skills in play.

Secondly, they can be used where there are a lot of applicants, to help further shorten a short-list.

I'd suggest you prep as if you are meeting the interviewer face to face, only you don't need to bother to dress up (unless you feel that helps your confidence), and make yourself a cup of tea, or another drink in readiness.

If you will be speaking on your mobile, ensure it's well charged (or plugged in), when you talk, and ensure you speak into the microphone.

Fingers crossed for you.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some good news. I had a phone call about a job I applied for online with Morrisons in their Nutmeg range, P/T and I now have a telephone interview @9.30 Thursday morning. I am so pleased and keeping my finger's crossed everything goes well :)

My husband used to be on the other side as a phone interviewer. I just asked him and he said, stand up and smile it will help you feel more confident. Have some knowledge about sales and the product. Re-read your application so you remember what you said. Good luck!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thank you for all the tips for Thursday, I really appreciate it :) @becca59 I will stand up and smile ( I gave my landline number) read up on planograms and retail merchandising.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Hi @Robinredbreast,

Remember that they are not just interviewing you, you are fundamentally interviewing them also. They will want to put on a good show the same as you. They will not want you to say no if they offer you the position. Have your questions ready you want to ask them when they ask if you have any.

Also if they start by asking you to tell them a little about yourself use this as an opportunity to summarise all the things you think they will be looking for such as scope of experience, things that you have set up or achieved which has been beneficial to the last organisation you worked for and so on and so on. Just have it worked out in your head. Even better write it down and read from it as they will be doing it over the phone!

You can get a lot of their boxes ticked before they actually ask you the first real question.

All the very, very best for Thursday :cat: (the cat of positivity )

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Good news Robs and good luck to you

Reactions: Robinredbreast

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry guys haven't popped in for a good few days, been out the door early the last 2 mornings for appointments, today was the big one I've been worrying and stressing about for over a week now, my macular oedema check up, all went well though and booked in for another check up in 4 months
Woke to a 6.6 this morning (well when I say woke I mean when I tested after lying awake for 2 hours :rolleyes:)
xx

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Many years ago I had a telephone interview for Boeing (Seattle) - as someone who was used to attending interviews booted and suited with a portfolio of work under my arm, I found the whole experience a bit wierd. But I was offered the job at the end of the interview so I guess I did something right. Anyways, hope it goes well.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@urbanracer . Well that's set the bar fairly high for job interviews :):):).

It's Boeing in Seattle to beat guys and gals.:wideyed::wideyed:[/QUOT

Hmmm, Morrison's Nutmeg range ( clothing) v Boeing in Seattle. As Morrison's is only 2 minutes away, I'm going to choose that one :plol at least I can walk there ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Many years ago I had a telephone interview for Boeing (Seattle) - as someone who was used to attending interviews booted and suited with a portfolio of work under my arm, I found the whole experience a bit wierd. But I was offered the job at the end of the interview so I guess I did something right. Anyways, hope it goes well.

I hope I will be as lucky as you were. I just need a second job to top up my hours. Tbh I would love to retire now as I am 60, but alas I can't for another 6 years :bigtears::rolleyes: and thank you.

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Goodnight fellow type 1's, sleep well.
15781684_1846409535574981_3633402041413752039_n.jpg