Type 1'stars R Us

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning....WOOHOO it's Friday
Alarm in the night 12.4! So yesterdays roller coaster ride went thru till 2am! Correction dose, while tired, is not a good idea! Alarm at 6.30AM 3!. 2 days of roller-coaster, its like being at Alton Towers lol
@smc4761 thats a strange one with your BG's up uintil lunchtime, I don't know what to suggest...maybe a call to your DSN?
@Knikki that Monty Python sketch is in my top 5 favorite sketches, been chuckling to myself for the last 10 mins :) :hilarious::hilarious:

Hi @porl69 think my high BG in morning are to dawn phenomenon, a very late dawn phenomenon at that. Its seems I need much more insulin to keep my BG under control. Mornings are now 1:3 whereas its normally 1:5

Typical BG at 7am is around 7, I pre bolus, have porridge around 7.30 and only 40g. By 10 oclock BG will be at 12 and by 12.30 it will have dropped back to 6/7. 30g of carbs for lunch and by 5.30 I will be sitting around BG of 5. Dinner is around 30 g of carbs plus a coffee and crackers around 7.30 and thats me for the night, going to bed on a 6/7.

Some overnights my BG will be OK others it tends to rise around 4 --5 am

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @porl69 think my high BG in morning are to dawn phenomenon, a very late dawn phenomenon at that. Its seems I need much more insulin to keep my BG under control. Mornings are now 1:3 whereas its normally 1:5

Typical BG at 7am is around 7, I pre bolus, have porridge around 7.30 and only 40g. By 10 oclock BG will be at 12 and by 12.30 it will have dropped back to 6/7. 30g of carbs for lunch and by 5.30 I will be sitting around BG of 5. Dinner is around 30 g of carbs plus a coffee and crackers around 7.30 and thats me for the night, going to bed on a 6/7.

Some overnights my BG will be OK others it tends to rise around 4 --5 am
Late onset DP....that sucks a bit

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
9.1 first thing which ticked me off no end as everything was tickety boo last evening.....

I'm all steady now and am looking forward to a busy reindeer making weekend as orders are coming in at a rate of knots......

I have also noticed recently how sweet Aperol is but if I let my levels drop to around 4 at 4 on Saturdays a cheeky Aperol spritz keeps me level till my evening meal.............
Does anyone recall the ahhhhhhhhh Bistoooooo advert from the 70s/80s well mine is ahhhhhhhhhhhperol..........
It looks nice in the glass too......

Have a wonderous weekend

Tony one who is

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@helensaramay - oh no! I’ve got mine set up to use four different fingerprints, so I’ve got options for when I slash one.

Just got back from the DN, she said my toenail looks “weird” so referred me to the podiatrist. Should be about a week. Got a mild telling off about my last HbA1c in August, as I must be having loads of hypos :rolleyes: Er, no. Not really, no. Booked in for another one in a couple of weeks. On that subject, I’m not eligible for the Cardiff trial as my control is what they called “optimum” - they want people with HbA1c of 50-75 so they can see improvements if the treatment works. I’ve been asked if I’d like to take part in some other stuff, though. Not read the pdf yet.

Delivering child this afternoon, catch you all later.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Donor kebab with tahini sauce for tea tonight with lettuce and cucumber ...you know just to be healthy

Reactions: porl69

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I applied for the Cardiff trial too and heard from them this week. What I was told is that the Cardiff group is the first of several, totalling 32 participants in 9 different UK sites. I've said no as the time commitment is too high for me - there're three days as an in-patient to start, with visits to the hospital for the rest of that week, and subsequent visits over a period of time. The email said that they'd had a big response to the press release, so I'm guessing they have enough people to run the trials although I don't actually know that. Hope you're not too disappointed @Mel dCP, but what a nice reason not to be involved.

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That was a tough start to my day. I was lying in bed contemplating moving when my contemplation was rudely interrupted by a thought: "I wonder if I have a conference call with Singapore this morning." Lo and behold I did ... in 12 minutes. The delights of a 14 step commute meant I was sitting at my desk, preparing for the call within 2 minutes. No time for my morning cuppa, breakfast or shower but I was on time for my call and the customer didn't need to know I was still wearing my PJs.

I had a very early conference call yesterday morning. I work at home too, so I did this one in bed. Some foolish person asked me what I was wearing, and I got to reply "Nothing but a grim face :)"

Re fingerprints - I carefully did more than one on mine too, one seemed too likely to be a problem.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening my perpetually perforated people.
Who eats a half of a bap and why?
Let me explain. Busy day so we decided to pick up some baps, sausages and an onion for tea tonight.
A quick scan of the bap wrapper. No actual product weight to be found. What I can deduce is that we have 4 baps, this was blatantly obvious. The information label gave the usual breakdown of ingredients and the all important carbs.
100g 48. something. Per 40g serving 19. something. Now I’ve been doing this diabetes thing a while and know that the bap I was planning on filling with sausage and onion was never going to need 4 units of Novorapid.
Out came the scales and lo and behold, the bap tipped the scales at a lofty 87g.
So that’s my question........who eats a half of a bap and why?
Apart from this I’ve actually had a good day. Purchased a 9 inch angle grinder. WE WILL HAVE differing sized paving slabs before the weekend is out.:):)

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Let me explain. Busy day so we decided to pick up some baps, sausages and an onion for tea tonight.
A quick scan of the bap wrapper. No actual product weight to be found. What I can deduce is that we have 4 baps, this was blatantly obvious. The information label gave the usual breakdown of ingredients and the all important carbs.
100g 48. something. Per 40g serving 19. something. Now I’ve been doing this diabetes thing a while and know that the bap I was planning on filling with sausage and onion was never going to need 4 units of Novorapid.
Out came the scales and lo and behold, the bap tipped the scales at a lofty 87g.
Apart from this I’ve actually had a good day. Purchased a 9 inch angle grinder. WE WILL HAVE differing sized paving slabs before the weekend is out.:):)

Do you need the angle grinder to get the half bap?

I wonder if the portion size is to make it look better in the nutritional info - never mind that most people will eat the whole one, they've suggested you should only eat half.

Reactions: therower and porl69

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
We were getting bored in the office today, so, don't ask me how it happened, but we ended up amusing ourselves by watching some Vegan Black Metal Chef videos, so I thought I'd share!

There's, erm, maybe some vague relevance to T1 matters tucked in there but I'm still not sure what it is...

Crank the volume up and admire his cooking utensils...

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I always add a bit of green .........lol
Not arf :p

It's an odd illness, flat line most of the day, a banana and a 10g tube of glucogel to swim on, in at 7.1 and out 30 mins later to 6.9 sloping down line, a Dextrotab and into the gym, down to 5.7 and sloping down, another Dextrotab and a slow rise to 12 over the next 90 minutes, like excuse me but what do you think you're doing....

Anyway, a definite improvement to the last week :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you a happy Saturday. I was up early, it's still dark now, had a cuppa and gave Pebbles cat her treats. Awoke on quite 'high' this morning, I made Chicken Chow Mein from scratch last night ( daughter and I really enjoyed it) but miscalculated big time :wideyed::oops:!! So had a correction and hoping it will be down to single figures soon.
Hope you are all doing okay :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Erm, I do if I have soup from a tin. My rolls are gluten free, so 1 roll is over 30 carbs, which to me is a lot, so I cut it in half and give the rest to the garden birds ( honestly, I am an animal lover) lol

Good luck with your new toy, the awesome angle grinder, sounds like a new idea for a horror movie lol ( but please be careful) What name could we give it ..................:nailbiting:

Reactions: kev-w

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's taken all week to catch back up with myself after Monday and Tuesday's unexpected but necessary days at home off work. Blood sugars all over the place and a bit of upping of ratios all round to cope. By yesterday, struggling to get back above 5 all day and a rare pre-bed snack needed.

Yesterday was do-able on half normal amounts of Novorapid, two bananas before work started, one scoop of chips for lunch and a small (in their terms) portion of chips on the day home after clocking in at a 2.9 at the bottom of the last uphill mile. I'd only just started to notice I was going down unusually.

Woken up on a perfectly respectable 6.3 so here's hoping today's walking is not interrupted by too many extra re-fueling stops!