Good morning everyone enjoy your day
FB_IMG_1540487416206.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, am I first on parade today?

Smooth, flat, and in the 5s all night, let’s see what the day brings to :cat: it all up... got a unicorn for the last 24 hours, so am quite happy. Seeing the DN about my toenail today, I’d only phoned for advice but she’s insisted on seeing me.

@SueJB - calibrating is easy, just enter a blood reading into the software in the morning. And if it’s a bit off, it soon comes back into line. Hope you’re recovered from your grand day out in that London :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, it's Friday so hope you're ready to enjoy yourselves. I've got online exam marking to do from now until next weekend so no lovely long walks for me!
I am going to find time though to make the pastryless pastry and think up some ingenious fillings. What goes with broccoli?
Madam's still strutting her stuff, a silly start 8.4
Going to the vet this morning to find out if my blood test results give any reason for lethargy and weight gain. The only way to get there is to walk and I'm sooooooooooooooo tired.
May the force be with me!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps, am I first on parade today?

Smooth, flat, and in the 5s all night, let’s see what the day brings to :cat: it all up... got a unicorn for the last 24 hours, so am quite happy. Seeing the DN about my toenail today, I’d only phoned for advice but she’s insisted on seeing me.

@SueJB - calibrating is easy, just enter a blood reading into the software in the morning. And if it’s a bit off, it soon comes back into line. Hope you’re recovered from your grand day out in that London :)
Beat ye to it mel

Reactions: Cumberland

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all and happy Friday, a waking 4.6 for me although I woke at 3am at 3.5 so ate a couple of Dextrotabs, looks dry outside so the sky must have run out of rain and I'll give my ladders a run out in a while. (I can't wait :p )

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can we lighten up on the porridge!!!!!! Back in the day I quite looked forward to my oats first thing in the morning, sadly age and familiarity have seen that particular treat appear less randomly on the menu of life;););).

Very foggy leaving the town where I live now, it appears to have its own eco system. Actually I knew it did before I moved but it’s still intriguing to see such different weather in the space of a few miles.

Oh and the diabetes is still lingering around even after all these years. Still non the wiser how it actually works but it keeps me on my toes:):):):).
Wife gone bed after her night shift, grocery shopping down to me:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Let’s see what absolute bargains I can bag, even we don’t need or use them.
Maybe some tinned potatoes @Knikki ;) or SPAM

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow colanders sounds like we mainly had good overnight BG. And for a change I will keep the trend going. Bedtime with a 6.9 dropping to 4.2 at 6.30am 2 jelly beans , back to bed and up at 9 am with a 6.1. happy with that. Oh did I mention I was on holiday today and Monday:angelic:

Had a wee bit of a scare yesterday at work with BG dropping quicker than a brides nighty. My usual coffee 2 sugars and a biccie did not do the trick continued to fall very fast so coffee with 5 sugars, YEEEEEUCH but did the trick. I have to laugh when I read some of you guys having like 2 jelly babies and being OK within minutes. We are all different and that defo does not work for me.

My BG from waking up until lunchtime I just cannot improve on. I always get these big spikes going up around 5 maybe 6 points before it will drop back to "normal" at lunchtime. Tried varying breakfast, increasing pre bolus time, increased my ration its now 1:3o_O, but no difference. Rest of the time my BG are not too bad

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning....WOOHOO it's Friday
Alarm in the night 12.4! So yesterdays roller coaster ride went thru till 2am! Correction dose, while tired, is not a good idea! Alarm at 6.30AM 3!. 2 days of roller-coaster, its like being at Alton Towers lol
@smc4761 thats a strange one with your BG's up uintil lunchtime, I don't know what to suggest...maybe a call to your DSN?
@Knikki that Monty Python sketch is in my top 5 favorite sketches, been chuckling to myself for the last 10 mins :) :hilarious::hilarious:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
That was a tough start to my day. I was lying in bed contemplating moving when my contemplation was rudely interrupted by a thought: "I wonder if I have a conference call with Singapore this morning." Lo and behold I did ... in 12 minutes. The delights of a 14 step commute meant I was sitting at my desk, preparing for the call within 2 minutes. No time for my morning cuppa, breakfast or shower but I was on time for my call and the customer didn't need to know I was still wearing my PJs.

Thankfully by BG behaved itself through the night, sticking between 4 and 5.5 according to the etch a sketch.
Not sure why it achieved that with 20% less basal than usual (and that was after dropping my dawn basal dose), especially when yesterday was spent driving rather than walking so no exercise. And the lack of exercise usually makes Helen a grumpy girl.

It's Black Friday so there should be some extra useless bargains in store today.
I challenge you to buy the most useless bargain in the supermarket.

What is pastryless pastry? Thin air?
Broccoli goes with blue cheese, tomato, salmon and/or red pepper.
I used to make a few broccoli quiche
1. reduce a tin of tomatoes pour onto a cooked base. Balance cooked broccoli florets and top up with egg.
2. bake 2 or 3 red peppers until they are soft. Zuzz up in a blender. Pour into cooked base (should be about half full). Balance cooked broccoli florets into pepper mix. Should not need to top up.
3. Tinned salmon (about the only time I've eaten tinned salmon since my grandmother died), broccoli florets, egg and topped with cheddar

I've never put blue cheese in a quiche because boyfriend doesn't like it but I know broccoli and blue cheese soup is good so why not in a flan?

Broccoli may also go with meat but you'd have to ask a meat eater about that.

Strangely, I don't find it is. Perhaps it is the homemade dough, perhaps it is less fat in veggies than meat, perhaps I have sussed the pump settings, perhaps I'm lucky.
I have more problems with pasta. But still willing to experiment with pump settings to minimise the peak. Things are getting better since I have started double bolusing.
@helensaramay This is the pastryless pastry. I posted it somewhere, probably in the food thread. It's in Russian but the video makes everything clear.

Reactions: Knikki

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning colanders and teabags, and a better one than yesterday, aren’t antibiotics wonderful! This thread is courtesy of the terrific scientists without whom it wouldn’t have been created.
A steadyish 6.6 for the whole night, and sleep (don’t know how Cat amused himself without someone to pester).
Breakfast, larger dose of DP buster and all’s not over yet though, 8.7 with an upward arrow so correction dose in. But better than yesterday!

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Cumberland - get ALL THE PUPPIES ;)

Ugh. Got a spot of foot on the floor - in the last hour for no reason whatsoever I’ve rocketed. I’ve hammered it with 1.45u (quite insulin resistant in the mornings), and it’s beginning to come down. I’m so grateful for the etch a sketch, it really helps spot these things before they get out of hand.

K

Knikki

HMMMM Have to have a rethink.

usual spike mid morning but left a little alter so caught at 9.4 stuck 4 in think nice should drop me down to low 4 :angelic:.

Well nope now sat here at 2.5 ~sigh~ its ok fully functional just had lunch and some jelly babies, especially packed, so will wait till it rise before making another hole in me o_O

Reactions: Fairygodmother
K

Knikki

Strangely, I don't find it is. Perhaps it is the homemade dough, perhaps it is less fat in veggies than meat, perhaps I have sussed the pump settings, perhaps I'm lucky.
I have more problems with pasta. But still willing to experiment with pump settings to minimise the peak. Things are getting better since I have started double bolusing.

Pizza are not that much of a problem for me these days since changing insulins and being more aggressive in dealing with it. Most of the time I will simply split dose which seems to work well for me. Last nights pizza & garlic bread was low carb at 70 (which before anyone says anything is compared to the 110 last week)