Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Tested 15 minutes ago......2.4 oh no, gf biscuits are getting it back up, 3.4 at the moment and rising, I just want to go to bed and sleep zzzzzzzzzzzz
Pls try to keep awake until you know you are back in the 'zone'.

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Ugh. 3.6 and I just want to go to sleep. Voice is gone, throat like sandpaper, and I’m so tired I could vomit. Thanks for all the nice messages about qualifying to be a CFR though ❤️
Whilst honey is said to be good for sore throat ..., as all the great singers do after a concert - voice rest, lots of fluids and sign language !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Went to a workshop on Conflict of Interest run by two University researchers. The amount of information about what payments doctors and organisations (mainly the national <health condition> ones receive and from whom (drug companies for example) is quite interesting. The US have laws about the drug companies revealing their donations (it is only voluntary in Australia at present). The place of community organisations in receiving drug company money to help pay costs was also debated.
And I recall a recent topic on this site about whom the Diabetes UK have taken on as a sponsor.
Here in Oz, State governments, in a bid to save money (to put into other projects they say) have defunded non-government agencies - some because the government in power is ideologically opposed to things like sexual health, pay lip service to community engagement whilst realising that much research and training these days requires community input.
Most research institutes require at least one and usually more community members on the design and steering committees in order to receive funding.
Anyway, I lot of fun and anecdotes about how to choose suitable funding sources for community groups, how to broadcast ethical constitutions and how to avoid individuals offering dodgy funding (and choosing reliable tradespersons, as a humourous aside).

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, another waking 10 but self inflicted as I thought I'd messed up and had a 2u correction twice, so ate more supper to cover it, I've got a swollen gum that's painful but can't get into the dentists for a couple of weeks so may yet go to see a doctor, or it may sort itself out.
Good to see @Alison54321 back on, and hope @Mel dCP sorted the roof out, I put a new battery on the car but it would appear the alternator's goosed so the push rod's back out to play until my mate grabs me one from the scrapyard.
I'm mulling over an Amsterdam trip next week, but none of my mates are up for it and I don't know how I feel about going on my own, I've done it a good few times as a solitary in my youth but that was a couple of years ago, so we'll see if I can grow a pair swiftly :p

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning guys, I awoke on a 5, but with a headache and a muzzy head, but need to take Pebbles cat to the vets soon for her check up, and it's pouring with rain outside :rolleyes:
Take care everyone and TGIF :happy:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, awaiting an emergency roofer, looked like we have a few dislodged tiles. Sleepless night for the husband, I managed a few hours and woke with a bit of a hypo at 3.4 at seven. Nothing to worry about and easily dealt with. Two dex tabs and a half hour suspension on the pod. Cruising low fives now, so am in my diabetic happy place. I’ve had to design a new profile for winter, as I’ve been waking up low in the morning for a few days since the weather got colder. @helensaramay - can you only save four on your pump? I think I can do 7 on mine.

Was supposed to be driving the teenager to Oxford after school, but we need all hands on deck here (and with a broken wrist the husband only has one right now) to empty the attic, so he’s getting the train alone for the first time. Actually works out cheaper than me driving and he’ll get there at the same time, so if it works out I’ll do that more often, gives me an extra day for my agency work. He’s a little apprehensive but I’ve given him detailed instructions and his Trainline app should help too. It’s the next stage in getting independent...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Horrid morning isn't it?
In more ways than one for me.
BG 7.2
I was supposed to be taking the car in for a service but the battery's flat, completely dead. Now this is stupidly weird because I had a new one fitted on Wednesday for exactly the same reason. Got a guy out who said is was deceased, luckily it was still under guarantee.
My thoughts now it's an electrics problem and I know zilch!
New Battery is on fast charge in the hope I can drive it to our garage. If not, I've no idea what to do, any suggestions about high BG or the car?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I was sleeping really deeply until half an hour ago to find the roof leaking into my bedroom... husband in the loft trying to sort it out while I sit at the top of the stairs waiting...

Oh no
How did he get on?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, awaiting an emergency roofer, looked like we have a few dislodged tiles. Sleepless night for the husband, I managed a few hours and woke with a bit of a hypo at 3.4 at seven. Nothing to worry about and easily dealt with. Two dex tabs and a half hour suspension on the pod. Cruising low fives now, so am in my diabetic happy place. I’ve had to design a new profile for winter, as I’ve been waking up low in the morning for a few days since the weather got colder. @helensaramay - can you only save four on your pump? I think I can do 7 on mine.

Was supposed to be driving the teenager to Oxford after school, but we need all hands on deck here (and with a broken wrist the husband only has one right now) to empty the attic, so he’s getting the train alone for the first time. Actually works out cheaper than me driving and he’ll get there at the same time, so if it works out I’ll do that more often, gives me an extra day for my agency work. He’s a little apprehensive but I’ve given him detailed instructions and his Trainline app should help too. It’s the next stage in getting independent...

Terrible for you x
Sending gentle hugs

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Woke up at 4am feeling yuk was 3.2 - glucotabs and toast got me up to 6.9
Back to bed but couldn’t get off to sleep

Bright sunny with blue sky but will it last

Have a good day all

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Woke to alarms at 6 this morning with a BG of 14! Curry and rice last nigh and the obvious mis-calculation grrrr. Back to a normal 4.7 now BUT south-easterly (thanks @Knikki for that one :))

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Lovely day looking after our 19 month old grandson. He said Nana for the first time. It was brilliant! Still working on Pops it comes out as ip!

Aaaaaaww they melt your heart, don't they <3

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB hope you've managed to get the car started!

Was persisting down here, fortunately it stopped just before I got on the bike.

3.4 this morning, think I'll drop my evening basal on sunday a bit. Other than that all been tickity boo still :nailbiting:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Horrid morning isn't it?
BG 7.2
I was supposed to be taking the car in for a service but the battery's flat, completely dead. Now this is stupidly weird because I had a new one fitted on Wednesday for exactly the same reason. Got a guy out who said is was deceased, luckily it was still under guarantee.
New Battery is on fast charge in the hope I can drive it to our garage. If not, I've no idea what to do, any suggestions about high BG or the car?
Sounds like the alternator to me. It's years since we needed one (called AA out, on way from Glasgow to Essex) and seem to remember it was an expensive job. Sorry, it's the wrong time of year for that! Hope it ends up being something "better" than that.

Reactions: hh1

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Horrid morning isn't it?
BG 7.2

With reference to the car.....is the battery light on the dash illuminated? If so then it is probably the alternator OR it could be the auxiliary belt? Garage can test the alternator to make sure it is charging.....what car is it?