Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not having the best week here - have had rises to 16 twice after lunch, plus being higher than I should the rest of the time, so add feeling rough to not getting something right. I changed the site and that didn't seem to help, so I've now changed the vial of Humalog. Still too high after breakfast and walking, so I think I'm either sickening for something (with quite a long incubation period!) or succumbing to stress as I'm currently having to deal with something I'm not finding easy. Pah!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hot 39 max again here in Adelaide and cloud cover is keeping the heat in, whilst the breeze seems hot enough for an iron foundry.
This weather is usually the harbinger of a cool change with rain, but the tension in the atmosphere and the known delay before the the weather breaks is stifling. No point exercising except in air-conditioning. Even sand on the beach is too hot so any dip in the sea is negated by the sand oven. Maybe that is why people call Aussies hard-boiled!!

Send the sun here when it’s done down there with you. We’re having solar panels installed today and tomorrow, and the grey’s due to last, even more grey weather’s on the way too. Hot soup for scaffolders, electricians, installers and all. I reckon it’ll be the best way to ensure there’s record cloud cover in 2019

Reactions: Cumberland

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Colin (I'd like to say) we don't do disclaimers in this thread, everyone here in this thread is savvy enough to know whats what........saying that, as a disclaimer this is a public forum so anyone anywhere could be reading this so I take back what I've just said :D

Fairygodmum now we know who's really to blame for the dull day.

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Found a new hypo treatment last night - new to me anyway. I expect some seasoned campaigners are well ahead of me.

Scanned my arm around 1800 and the Libre vibrated reading 4.2 with a down arrow. I thought about having a gluco tab but instead grabbed a can of beer from the fridge I know alcohol is supposed to send us low and I definitely wouldn't try this with wine, but I figured beer has sufficient carbs to see me through an hour or so while I put the kids to bed before supper. It turns out that I'm much less self conscious doing funny voices with the kids stories when I have a beer in hand and the beers carb content did indeed see me safely through to our evening meal.

Kind of hoping I may be a bit low around 6ish tonight. Then again if I'm too high perhaps I'll try some gin or wine!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1546372385083.jpg

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, that lovely moment after two most unexpected days off work, when you've just delivered an anxious student to a parent who's been in a critical meeting. Parent is most concerned to enquire after your health and delighted to know you've returned to work as "N missed you very much!" (N just looked utterly sheepish to have been outed as having missed me! But did agree, out of earshot of peers, that this was indeed the case.)

I'm also delighted to have a returned appetite and blood sugars back in range. Still, at least I can explain the 10 - 15s for 24 hours very clearly if they come up in the review next week. With graphic detail if required.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening all. Nice to hear that all is well in type 1 land.
Never been big on politics hence all this Brexit stuff is “ boring “ to say the least. I know it’s important and has huge implications for so many but it just reiterates my belief that politicians have questionable motives at best. My thoughts on Brexit are not up for discussion or debate ( so don’t bother:)). So why have i mentioned Brexit? Well , this is what I would have paid good money to have seen. Margaret Thatcher doing a Brexit deal.
Theresa May negotiating? Naaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.
Maggie negotiating? Bring it on.:):):):). Pity she’s not available.:banghead:.

Back to the important stuff. Current batch of Novorapid. Had a really good weekend BS wise. Work has been slightly more challenging though. It feels like I’m using some real potent Novorapid. It’s not working any quicker but when it does hit,
blo*dy hell:banghead: . Nothing happens for an hour plus but then all hell breaks loose in a matter of 10 to 15 mins. Keeps taking me by surprise. A fair few hypo treats have been required. Going to have to lower the ratio BUT I just know that when i do I’ll be as high as a kite.
One little question. Extensor tendinitis? Anyone had it, got it or advice regarding it?

Reactions: Cumberland

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Found a new hypo treatment last night - new to me anyway. I expect some seasoned campaigners are well ahead of me.

Scanned my arm around 1800 and the Libre vibrated reading 4.2 with a down arrow. I thought about having a gluco tab but instead grabbed a can of beer from the fridge I know alcohol is supposed to send us low and I definitely wouldn't try this with wine, but I figured beer has sufficient carbs to see me through an hour or so while I put the kids to bed before supper. It turns out that I'm much less self conscious doing funny voices with the kids stories when I have a beer in hand and the beers carb content did indeed see me safely through to our evening meal.

Kind of hoping I may be a bit low around 6ish tonight. Then again if I'm too high perhaps I'll try some gin or wine!

Actually not as "rad" as it sounds.. I slapped one in the mid 3s at Heathrow airport at 5am before flying out to a gig with cider.. ;)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone! I just feel the need to tell everyone, currently at a spa having a ‘twilight spa evening’ and I’m winning at diabetes (without my insulin pump!) on 6.2! AND my libre hasn’t fallen off yet! Winning at life!

Well done you, hope your enjoying your spa:):)

Reactions: kitedoc

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having amongst my best ever weeks, been keeping close to target of between 4.5 and 8.5 and have been there most of time. Had a few wee minor hicuups with lows as I am sailing a wee bit close to line at times.

And tonight was 1 such time. Had a wee low of 4.1 just before I left work to drive home, so took something for it and BG jumped up to 9.3. Had dinner and few hours later shot up to 12.6. Stupidly took a correction dose to bring it down and boy did that work. An hour later down to 5.2, then 10 min later down to 2.8 OOOOOOOPS. Could really feel it and it was bad, copious amount of sugar in a coffee with a couple of biscuits and 5 mins later down to 2.3. Real panic now sets in so I lie down n bed in dark and 5 minutes late slight up to 3.4. Now 15 minutes later sitting at 6.9 and going up fast.

Feeling **** now sore head and sickly, off to bed for a good sleep.

Note to self; need to be careful with those correction doses

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

Might work at home @Shellback but if you are out and about and the hypos worsens you could be mistaken for being drunk and disorderly !!!

K

Knikki

Hypo during the night which was fun ~sigh~

Now fighting a hyper PITA got it wrong again.

Anyway all part and parcel of being awesome :)

@therower It is the one reason I wanted to jump from Nova rapid, when it hit the drop was so sudden and unpredictable, for me anyway.

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Insulin isn't working as well in the morning the past couple of days!! Woke to a normal 6 again, same breakfast, same bolus and another high of 11. See what tomorrow brings an go from there! I reckon it's late onset DP :hilarious::hilarious: (48 years late onset!!)

Last edited: