Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi guys and lovely gals. The thread seems to be thriving. As you may or may not know I don't post the numbers stuff. This morning was an exception, I wanted to make sure the thread kept going. Need not have bothered. Congratulations to @Robinredbreast on a great idea. I just thought I'd share this with you
View attachment 27010
This is me. Well part of me:):)
It's actually the part of my head that wasn't far enough away from the tailgate of my Skoda Yeti.:banghead::banghead:
As this is a roughty toughty type 1 section , please feel free to laugh.
Looks like my dexcom calibration tonight will be based on head blood.

Ouch, but love your last sentence lol

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Ok guys, no need for comments that might be hurtful (apart from headwounds) all types can read the thread and tensions are high all round.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha ha! Mostly, but also fly, back crawl and breast stroke. We also do drills with arms and legs and it is all timed. For instance this morning when doing sets of 4 lengths you have a 10 sec break before the next one. Great fun and very good for me if you ignore the Adrenalin!!!!

Would you like to ruin my day :banghead: and say your crawl is with tumble turns too? :D:D them's green ones for envy!!

It's inspiring to read, but then I like swimming.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ok guys, no need for comments that might be hurtful (apart from headwounds) all types can read the thread and tensions are high all round.

Tensions shouldn't be high. The thread was started because of SueJB's thread asking the question, 'Why so few ?' with a lot of valuable input regarding how member's feel and cope with type 1. After I posted my post about 'Why so few' type 1's post, I decided to start this thread. I have changed the title now because of a stark resemblance from a type 2 thread. There shouldn't be any tension, or are we not allowed to post threads regarding type 1, that's what it feels like ?
Feeling :(

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tensions shouldn't be high. The thread was started because of SueJB's thread asking the question, 'Why so few ?' with a lot of valuable input regarding how member's feel and cope with type 1. After I posted my post about 'Why so few' type 1's post, I decided to start this thread. I have changed the title now because of a stark resemblance from a type 2 thread. There shouldn't be any tension, or are we not allowed to post threads regarding type 1, that's what it feels like ?

Robin - For clarity, the tension is largely related to the sentiments of some of the posts.

I would ask all contributors consider carefully their post content and tone.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

You forgot to put the “B” word in there. Banter. Clause B.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Robin - For clarity, the tension is largely related to the sentiments of some of the posts.

I would ask all contributors consider carefully their post content and tone.

I've got to ask, having read the similar post in the t2 section if you'll be posting the same post there?

Reactions: mountaintom
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I would ask all contributors consider carefully thei
I've got to ask, having read the similar post in the t2 section if you'll be posting the same post there?

Sorry to say this, but I am so upset I might as well delete this thread,........

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Kev - I haven't got there yet. There are several open Reports at the moment

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just to clarify to whoever reads this, whatever type you are, this thread was started because of a previous thread called 'why so few' to help type 1's share, compare and support each other needs managing type 1, some of us of had it for decades and it's a hard slog at times. I cannot believe what is going on........ :(

Reactions: kaylz91 and zand

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi Everyone.

This thread (and two others) were all set up with the intention of people finding comfortable, chatty groups for daily interaction. Places where they can feel at home without worrying about treading on toes.

This won't work if people are just using these threads to vent their resentments and make veiled (or less than veiled) criticisms about other members.

So, if people want these threads to flourish and provide community and friendly chat, then the moderation team is asking everyone to respect the spirit in which they threads were created.

The Forum Rules and Ethos are clear - this is not the place to air disagreements.

Regards,
The whole moderation team

Reactions: Antje77