Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive woke to a 4.1 this morning which is a bit low for me so it was biscuits b4 work i feel great around the 7/8 mark very shakey in the low 4s have a good day everyone....and behave yourselves
FB_IMG_1525786537441.jpg

Reactions: kaylz91

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
11.1 waking and a slow drop, sadly looking like breakfast option 2 of porridge only, no eggs or wholemeal bread :( probably due to a week away from swimming & gymming and not raising my basal to cover it.

Registry office at 15.20 which I'm not looking forward to then as I've got the youngest over we might get for a swim. although I'm not sure :)

Have a good day y'all.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning
7.7 and feeling a little tired..........
Half a unit of novorapid 2 coffees and 3 hours later and I'm at 6.5

I'm ok with this.

Happy times and places

Tony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, looks like another sunny day which will bring a smile ( as you all do on here):)

20180612_082807_resized.jpg Awoke on a 6.1, that's a great start to the day :)

Last edited:

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I woke about 5.30 am, with 9.0, which I corrected, and since then it's been down to 4.5 and is now on 8.4. For a while my early morning corrections needed to be quite aggressive, but that seems to have changed the last few days, so I'll have to take that into account.

Over the weekend I had a fun encounter with NHS24. One of my big toes has been making offstage noises for a while, that have indicated it wasn't completely happy, I think I banged it very hard a few months back. Anyway, on Friday evening after the doctors had closed, of course, it was looking a bit too red round the knuckle, so I wondered if it was infected. So Saturday evening I decided to ring NHS24, and got an avuncular sounding doctor, I described my symptoms, and he told me I had gout.

Anyway, yesterday morning I had an appointment with a gp at the surgery, and she gave me some antibiotics. I've found a fun game to play, because I have protect my gut flora while taking them, for a week, so I bought some pickles. I haven't eaten pickles in ages, it nice to have an excuse. I can't find a way to have any for breakfast though.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Robinredbreast
I don't feel included in this thread.
But why should I it's not about me and that's fine it's not the same as being excluded.
But some people don't see it like that "help help I'm not being included in something that has nothing to do with me in the first place"

I very rarely post anything on T1 threads because I know enough, to know I don't know what I'm talking about. But in this case I can comment.

This post is clearly about unity. Unity is not elitism or exclusion.
Don't let anyone make you feel that it is.;)
:bag:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @EllsKBells Hopefully this is coming down now and your feeling ok.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This is the 5th one I’ve had and it’s never been accurate til this morning. Hope it stays that way!
The first few aren’t always terribly accurate, I understand it’s the immune response to the filament. The longer you use them, the more accurate they become - I’ve certainly found that to be the case. Your body kind of learns to ignore it!

I woke up on a 6.3, after first day of splitting the Tresiba. Took a foot on the floor of 1u, and I’m at 6.7 now. Have I nailed DP? Stay tuned... we shall see if I get the traditional afternoon crash when I go to old-lady-quilting-club this afternoon.

Anyway, morning all!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
11.1 waking and a slow drop, sadly looking like breakfast option 2 of porridge only, no eggs or wholemeal bread :( probably due to a week away from swimming & gymming and not raising my basal to cover it.

Registry office at 15.20 which I'm not looking forward to then as I've got the youngest over we might get for a swim. although I'm not sure :)

Have a good day y'all.

Bound to be a little high with all going on. Best wishes!

Reactions: kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The first few aren’t always terribly accurate, I understand it’s the immune response to the filament. The longer you use them, the more accurate they become - I’ve certainly found that to be the case. Your body kind of learns to ignore it!

I woke up on a 6.3, after first day of splitting the Tresiba. Took a foot on the floor of 1u, and I’m at 6.7 now. Have I nailed DP? Stay tuned... we shall see if I get the traditional afternoon crash when I go to old-lady-quilting-club this afternoon.

Anyway, morning all!

I find the different batches vary. Had 4 bought together that were consistently 2-3 out and set up an awful allergic reaction. The next 3 of which I am on no 2 have been so accurate it is uncanny. With no itching. The first lot I couldn’t get off, this lot need to be secured.

The glue must vary from batch to batch. I am wondering if the allergic reaction then creates inaccurate results.

Ultimately I may be unable to continue with it, which as I said elsewhere is like being invited to the best party in 10 years but not being allowed to stay.