Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good Friday morning to everyone.
Seems that you’ve all got something going on today and over the weekend. Take care, have fun and may the sugar gods be on your side.:)

I am doing mundane shopping and tidying up today, but tomorrow I am going to Brooklands museum, so really looking forward to seeing all the vehicles and aircraft :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am doing mundane shopping and tidying up today, but tomorrow I am going to Brooklands museum, so really looking forward to seeing all the vehicles and aircraft :)
Sounds like a fun Saturday in store after a normalish type of Friday. Enjoy yourself.:)

Reactions: Cumberland

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning my fellow colanders, hope you all had a good night

BG actually behaving themselves for me for a change apart from my usual 8 am --11 am spike it been BG of 6 and 7 all the way, with a lovely BG of 6.4 this morning. I have changed my pump settings so hopefully this will help.

BUT I was stressed out yesterday afternoon. I was due to be the 6pm ferry from Skye to Outer Hebrides tonight but it was cancelled yesterday in advance of the high winds:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:. So had to change plans slightly, now driving to Skye , a cheeky wee 6 hour drive, and staying overnight there before a short 90 minute drive to ferry early Saturday morning

Then its 3 days of hopefully some walking and birdwatching/photography, before heading back down early Tuesday

First time out of my comfort zone with pump so this should be fun:angelic::angelic:. Got pump supplies, back up pens and insulin, so see you all in a few days

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning my fellow colanders, hope you all had a good night

BG actually behaving themselves for me for a change apart from my usual 8 am --11 am spike it been BG of 6 and 7 all the way, with a lovely BG of 6.4 this morning. I have changed my pump settings so hopefully this will help.

BUT I was stressed out yesterday afternoon. I was due to be the 6pm ferry from Skye to Outer Hebrides tonight but it was cancelled yesterday in advance of the high winds:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:. So had to change plans slightly, now driving to Skye , a cheeky wee 6 hour drive, and staying overnight there before a short 90 minute drive to ferry early Saturday morning

Then its 3 days of hopefully some walking and birdwatching/photography, before heading back down early Tuesday

First time out of my comfort zone with pump so this should be fun:angelic::angelic:. Got pump supplies, back up pens and insulin, so see you all in a few days

I love Scotland, lots of relatives there and hope, one day, to visit again. Have a wonderful time ( I am secretly envious) take care :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Still got the biggest smile on my face after yesterdays HBA1c of 47 :) :)

@smc4761 I am sure you will nail your Scotland trip with your pump
@Cumberland your at the man I hate the most in this world.....good luck :)
@Robinredbreast have an amazing day @ Brooklands museum. It is an amazing place
@Knikki enjoy your time down south :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Give it a go! It might be brilliant, and if it's **** - just change back to the tubey pump. And hey - good thing - you weren't high for no good reason!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve just googled the medtrum A6 and it looks great - I want one. Waterproof, so no taking it off for swimming or showering, and a range of coloured stripe on it - which colour are you hoping for Helen?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I wish the NHS were well-funded enough to provide us all with the medtrum that’s a semi-closed loop, but hey, we on here are all still alive, mustn’t grumble.
Your new pump’s unlikely to be all over bright, really hope it works well for you Helen!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@helensaramay just had a quick look on Google (as you do lol) The Medtrum A6 isn't that much bigger than the Omnipod. I think that you should try it out. As you said there is still the Medtronic 640G to fall back on

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not fully convinced on pumps, saying that I did Google said item and would certainly go for the lime green one :)

My hospital doctor talked to me about a pump, about 4/5 years ago. I think the things that I think of most with a pump, is all the things that seem to go wrong, recently poor Helen and also having it attached to me 24/7. Doc's last words on having a pump were' It's only as good as the person using it' but as I have read, lots of kinks and pull out's/detached are a wee bit worrying for me.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay can't comment on the medtrum pump other than what I've, and you've most probably already read. But can say Medtrum customer service is good.

Hope everyone is having a good day doing what ever they've said they were going to do. I'm at work, fortunately not running around like a blue bottomed fly as I had been doing all this week.