Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was a little high this morning (only we can get away with saying that!), I blame the ice cream from last night.

I was just trying to think what I did at the weekend, and was thinking I didn't really do much - but I'm absolutely shattered though.

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, just checking in. Had an awesome day yesterday, ran 5k in sunshine with the dog, did two loads of washing, washed the dog and cleaned the bathroom, took the kids out for a bike ride in sunshine, did maths homework with the kids, wife cooked awesome keto breaded fish and chicken which even the kids loved, then we all played on the Wii together. Simple pleasures. BG behaved itself all day and all night, which is always a bonus.

Felt a bit blue coming back to work this morning, but just had to remind myself that it's only a state of mind. I hope all your Mondays and BG trends are all going well.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Well my post brekkie reading was a horror! Having been 5.6 before munching, and taking the usually appropriate amount of insulin, my reading was 9.8 :arghh: Hasty corrective fired in.....

What on earth did that!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon all.
Sun is out and about today :) Cough has come back and is doubling me up again. BGs running s;ighlty higher than usual.....Sore throat is starting to happen now too....oh the joys

K

Knikki

YYYAAAAWWWWNNNNN Afternoon.

Well technology wise it has been a bit of a butt monkey weekend.

xDrip saying 8.5 going up and Libre saying 6.5 and level - bloods 17.5 ~sigh~

Just now xDrip 6.5 going down, Libre 2.5 - bloods 3.1 ~sigh~

Anyway this pile of junk and magic on my arm needs changing at the end of the week so I will put up with it.

However the weekend was fab, very drunk fab food ended up in RAF Duxford and it only rained when we got home. :)

Everyone else OK?

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

That seems very odd indeed. I do get some weird readings now and then, but none as far off as that usually. Hope you get it sorted.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well my post brekkie reading was a horror! Having been 5.6 before munching, and taking the usually appropriate amount of insulin, my reading was 9.8 :arghh: Hasty corrective fired in.....

What on earth did that!!

It must be that naughty diabetes fairy............the little so and so :rolleyes: sending a (((((hug)))))

Reactions: Leeannea

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
It must be that naughty diabetes fairy............the little so and so :rolleyes: sending a (((((hug)))))

I love that! In my head I'm going to see diabetes as that little fairy from now on - Mavis from Willo the Wisp :happy:

Last edited:

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, after many months of infusing into my abdomen, I decided to switch back to using my butt, as my belly is starting to resemble a dart board. However, I'm starting to question the wisdom of this decision, as I've been unable to rein in my BG today. Not spectacularly high, but corrections just don't seem to be correcting...

Reactions: Cumberland

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, after many months of infusing into my abdomen, I decided to switch back to using my butt, as my belly is starting to resemble a dart board. However, I'm starting to question the wisdom of this decision, as I've been unable to rein in my BG today. Not spectacularly high, but corrections just don't seem to be correcting...
Any possibility it's to do with absorption rates? Not on a pump myself but I have used thighs/backside to slow part of a Fiasp dose down successfully before.

K

Knikki

That seems very odd indeed. I do get some weird readings now and then, but none as far off as that usually. Hope you get it sorted.

:meh: It's just one of those things, it now seems a little better than earlier, wonder if I knock it with out knowing so it's throwing a hissy fit.

I work with problem software most of the time, so this it just annoying glitch, you learn to deal with these things, :confused: now where's the chocolate?

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Any possibility it's to do with absorption rates? Not on a pump myself but I have used thighs/backside to slow part of a Fiasp dose down successfully before.
Yeah, pretty sure it's lipohypertrophy. I did infuse into my butt for nigh on ten years. Still, currently cruising at 5.6, so I'll take that...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
YYYAAAAWWWWNNNNN Afternoon.

Well technology wise it has been a bit of a butt monkey weekend.

Anyway this pile of junk and magic on my arm needs changing at the end of the week so I will put up with it.

However the weekend was fab, very drunk fab food ended up in RAF Duxford and it only rained when we got home. :)

Everyone else OK?
@Knikki RAF Duxford is brilliant, had the same sort of weekend

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Well, after many months of infusing into abdomen, I decided to switch back to using my butt, as my belly is starting to resemble a dart board. However, I'm starting to question the wisdom of this decision, as I've been unable to rein in my BG today. Not spectacularly high, but corrections just don't seem to be correcting...
This is very interesting @Colin of Kent, this is the first time I've heard about other bits you can prick into................!!! Well as a newbie not surprising

Reactions: Colin of Kent
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Time for bed, so goodnight guys, hope you all sleep well and dream of numbers under 7 o_O:)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Good morning guys - hope the day goes well for each of you!

Determined that mine will happen in a calm, well-paced out day. It's my long day at work and I'm usually going at it like a dingbat but it doesn't do me any good - I get home feeling like an overstretched guitar string that's about to snap. Today - calm, measured and not stressy. Nope, not stressy at all.

Mind you, the day starts well - 4.9 - wahey! Go Mavis :)

ETA - Edited for spelling ...

Last edited: