Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone from hypo central woke to a 2 which was quite scarey sorted now have a good day everyone

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning campers Hi de Hi

Like @karen8967 , hypo central for me as well although mine came just around bedtime. The lurgy I had last week is just about over but for past 2 days my BG have been fantastic, well for me at least. Constantly in between BG5.0 and 7.5 a few slightly lower ones but not once in double figures, a new record for me.

Around 9 pm last night BG of 4.9 so had a cuppa and a biccie. By 9.45 now down to BG 3.1 with going down arrow. . OK cuppa and 3 sugar with a biccie will do trick. By 10 pm BG of 2.7. For a change no panic from me as sugar will kick in By 10.10 its now BG 2.4, OK time to panic. Handful of jelly beans and by 10.30 its BG of 5.1.

BG overnight of 12.0, correction dose taken but only BG 10.8 by breakfast time.

Hopefully today can get back to the decent BG of past few days.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

As for spandex/lycra just no, unless you are a rock star

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Sorry abut the bloods everyone - and agree that unless you have the figure of either Barbarella or Adonis you really shouldn't wear spandex. And if @Knikki has the figure of Barbarella I want piccies!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning campers Hi de Hi

Like @karen8967 , hypo central for me as well although mine came just around bedtime. The lurgy I had last week is just about over but for past 2 days my BG have been fantastic, well for me at least. Constantly in between BG5.0 and 7.5 a few slightly lower ones but not once in double figures, a new record for me.

Around 9 pm last night BG of 4.9 so had a cuppa and a biccie. By 9.45 now down to BG 3.1 with going down arrow. . OK cuppa and 3 sugar with a biccie will do trick. By 10 pm BG of 2.7. For a change no panic from me as sugar will kick in By 10.10 its now BG 2.4, OK time to panic. Handful of jelly beans and by 10.30 its BG of 5.1.

BG overnight of 12.0, correction dose taken but only BG 10.8 by breakfast time.

Hopefully today can get back to the decent BG of past few days.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

As for spandex/lycra just no, unless you are a rock star
Ive had few hypos like that were it takes a few hours to rise no matter what i eat then its double figures and it always leaves me feeling exhausted oh the joys

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Thank you for the birthday wishes. I've decided all week is really my birthday so no belated at all about it.

Pondering the day's activities and I think it will involve cake. I've not had any birthday cake yet. Loads of yummy food treats but no cake. Yet.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah good, I'm not too late to say Happy Birthday week @Japes!
Sounds like an interesting night @Mel dCP, I admire what you do and wouldn't want to do it, so I'm really grateful that there are people who do.
Hugs to all those with drawn out hypos; I had one Monday night, who knows what that was about, I don't, but they can be pretty knock out. I've gotten really disciplined about eating the jelly babies, waiting 15 mins, testing, more jelly babies, rinse and repeat, but when you've done that three times and you're still in the twos, the urge to cram food in with both hands is hard to resist...

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning fashion icons of the diabetic world.
Thick fog here which made picking up my better half from her night shift a tad more challenging than usual.
Sugars slightly higher than I would expect but I am on holiday all week and an imminent gym trip will hopefully get things back in range.
@helensaramay . Don’t want to drag the gym attire on too long, but this should be law.......
No white Lycra leggings/ shorts in any gym, especially if purchased at a bargain price.:banghead::banghead::banghead:. The transparency is frightening. I’ve seen more than husbands/ boyfriends or even girlfriends get to see from ladies bending over in white leggings.
On that thought I’ll leave you all to enjoy breakfast and the day ahead.:):):)

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP - it's like watching one of those blue lights 24-hrs in A&E type programs, without the adverts! LOL when you tested the patients BG did you prick the side of the finger unlike every other HCP?!?

12.4 this morning :( 9.0 before bed, 5.4 an hour before then............Easter has a lot to answer for!.............the will power in this one is weak.:rolleyes:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.

Happy birthweek @Japes :)

Lycra/spandex nope never ever on ANYONE lol. Whoever invented that should be hung, drawn and quartered :)

My cough is still here! I now have a 6 pack from coughing! I kid you not!

Ed Gamble on Saturday. Looking forward to that! @Mel dCP have you had your tickets yet? I have my receipt for payment BUT no tickets as yet!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah good, I'm not too late to say Happy Birthday week @Japes!
Sounds like an interesting night @Mel dCP, I admire what you do and wouldn't want to do it, so I'm really grateful that there are people who do.
Hugs to all those with drawn out hypos; I had one Monday night, who knows what that was about, I don't, but they can be pretty knock out. I've gotten really disciplined about eating the jelly babies, waiting 15 mins, testing, more jelly babies, rinse and repeat, but when you've done that three times and you're still in the twos, the urge to cram food in with both hands is hard to resist...
This is so true hh1

Reactions: hh1

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning fashion icons of the diabetic world.
Thick fog here which made picking up my better half from her night shift a tad more challenging than usual.
Sugars slightly higher than I would expect but I am on holiday all week and an imminent gym trip will hopefully get things back in range.
@helensaramay . Don’t want to drag the gym attire on too long, but this should be law.......
No white Lycra leggings/ shorts in any gym, especially if purchased at a bargain price.:banghead::banghead::banghead:. The transparency is frightening. I’ve seen more than husbands/ boyfriends or even girlfriends get to see from ladies bending over in white leggings.
On that thought I’ll leave you all to enjoy breakfast and the day ahead.:):):)

Reactions: Robinredbreast

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay . Oh yes don’t get me wrong, men are equally as bad when it comes to gym / workout wear.
One thing that is always guaranteed to make me pmsl inside are the “bodybuilders” who only train upper body.
Vest too small, straps across shoulders ripped and then re-knotted. Or backless vest top again a size to small. In both instances either baggy calf length shorts or equally baggy tracksuit bottoms complete the outfit. Not forgetting the baseball cap on back to front.:):):).
I’m sure my gym attire is probably questionable in some quarters :):):) but that’s what makes us all different.

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm just going to sneak this in here... I'm gutted. My eldest girl has been diagnosed with alopecia areata. An autoimmune disease. I've clearly passed on a **** immune system to both my girls seeing as I kindly donated type 1 to the youngest. FML.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP - it's like watching one of those blue lights 24-hrs in A&E type programs, without the adverts! LOL when you tested the patients BG did you prick the side of the finger unlike every other HCP?!?
Of course I did :) and I didn’t even lick it afterwards. When we qualify, we get given our own kits, so that’ll be handy hehehe
Ed Gamble on Saturday. Looking forward to that! @Mel dCP have you had your tickets yet? I have my receipt for payment BUT no tickets as yet!
You just need to show them your confirmation email at the door.

Just woke up, so managed to grab a few hours. I suspect a few more may be had later, bedtime is a while away! Sugars ran a bit high, so I corrected fairly conservatively, but I’m just on the cusp of needing to up my basal for shark week anyway, so figured it was better to run a bit high than low for the night. Didn’t want to have to raid the drugs cupboard for glucogel or glucagon!

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just going to sneak this in here... I'm gutted. My eldest girl has been diagnosed with alopecia areata. An autoimmune disease. I've clearly passed on a **** immune system to both my girls seeing as I kindly donated type 1 to the youngest. FML.

Oh dear Mahola. That's a big kick in the teeth.

Are the docs considering any treatment for your doctor, or do they want to watch it awhile? I'm assuming she'll nw be screened for a whole bunch of AI issues.

Reactions: mahola

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@mahola - I'm so sorry but please - don't beat yourself up. You couldn't help it, and I'm sure you children would rather be alive with problems than never have existed at all?

The docs can do so much more these days than they used to - have they offered any help?

Reactions: mahola