Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
........so I found my testing kit.......in my bag! I must be getting old and senile! (@therower before you joke about that just remember you’re older than me bro!)

My bg has been stable and in range today, feel sorry for all of you that have had a testing(!) d-day, as always tomorrow is another day.

We had rain today - All of 4 spots!

Reactions: Knikki and kev-w

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
BSLS normalised with new needle insert, same insulin but upped basal 30%..
Perhaps there is a virus bug lurking. After all it is winter here Down Under.
My results absolutely rocketed watching the match. I could actually feel my heart beating and watched my levels rocket in real time on the Libre. Daren’t take any more insulin as I’d already taken some and as it was caused by Adrenalin worried I might crash in the night. Adrenalin is my nemesis in this diabetes struggle. Anyway took 3 units at 3am and woke at a reasonable 6 at 7am in my roasting hot tent.
Exciting sports, scary movie or book - = adrenaline. I put my pump's basal levels up 20 to 30 % for about 6 hours. I did similarly with my Levemir but I agree that it is trickier for Lantus/Tresiba etc.

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good morning ! I hope everyone is well and bursting with energy, humour and joy ! At least that is the 'party line '.
Here in Oz BSLs still up a bit, needing 20% increase in basal and bolus doses. Sinusitis has struck.
So the high BSLS yesterday have a cause. It just takes time for the symptoms to localise.
My Aussie accent has become even more nasal !! Strine anybody ?

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You got that before lunch. I find that my blood sugar is always lower in the afternoon. I think that's a me thing, as it happens whatever. Quite a lot of people find their blood sugars higher in the afternoon. What's your experience.

This isn't scientific basal testing, this is just guesstimating. What are you trends you have during the day?

I tend to hold steady in the afternoon and slowly creeps up around 6pm- I’ve put it down to my morning levemir running out. I usually give me evening dose at 7pm.

For the last two days I have found to be dipping low 2 hours after my evening levemir and evening meal. I am
not sure if its my carb counting that is off?

After treating a low- I went to bed on 6.1

Waking level today 5.9

Hope everyone has a better day today

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tend to hold steady in the afternoon and slowly creeps up around 6pm- I’ve put it down to my morning levemir running out. I usually give me evening dose at 7pm.

For the last two days I have found to be dipping low 2 hours after my evening levemir and evening meal. I am
not sure if its my carb counting that is off?

After treating a low- I went to bed on 6.1

Waking level today 5.9

Hope everyone has a better day today

Seems to be working reasonably well. I might be inclined to make a small increase in the morning dose, but that is only based on the limited information I have, I'm not you, and you know better.

I think if you want to have reasonably normal range blood sugars, it's hard to avoid a small blood sugar dip, where the long acting peaks a bit, but as long as you know when it does that, it's not too bad, it's when those hypos are random that there's a problem.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning ! I hope everyone is well and bursting with energy, humour and joy ! At least that is the 'party line '.
Here in Oz BSLs still up a bit, needing 20% increase in basal and bolus doses. Sinusitis has struck.
So the high BSLS yesterday have a cause. It just takes time for the symptoms to localise.
My Aussie accent has become even more nasal !! Strine anybody ?

Ah, Barry McKenzie and his famous aunt. We in the U.K. learned what a dunny is and how a bride’s nightie signified speed.

Reactions: Cumberland

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning :) bad start with a reading of 16 so I'm sitting waiting for the drop, though I still feel better than yesterday when I was enjoying my first hangover in many years....

A nice looking day out there.

K

Knikki

@kev-w 16? how many kebabs did you have after the beer? ;)

@kitedoc Bursting with energy? Will be in a miute when I've had the first coffee of the day. Humour? I'm sat in work ready for another day of moaning about, the heat of the office o_O, the state of the nation :oldman:, the state of this testing rig, my college asking the same question several differ ways and me saying "I don't know" :hilarious:

Yep ready for another "glourious day in the corp" :hilarious:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning friends
Another sunny start to the day in the far north

I’m going for a hearing test this morning

Hoping that today is good for everyone

6.4 this morning and I’m chuffed to bits with that

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning.....woke with a 5.6 and another straight line through the nigh, I am getting good at this diabetes thing!! :)

Hope your levels drop for you @kev-w

Had a good win in the 10 pin bowling league last night AND no hypos during the games lol
Weather is a bit cooler today BUT looking hot for the weekend woohoo :)