Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Oh @WuTwo didn't know they had a battery. Can you replace them?

Sadly no. The blurb that came with it says the battery will last between 4 and 5 years depending on use, and once it's gone flat you can still use the pen as an insulin delivery system but the display won't work, and the battery cannot be replaced. You have to replace the pen.

Reactions: Knikki

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
12.3, but out walking the dog so should bring it down abit. Up early as daughter has an important football match this morning, daughters v mums! Mrs Slip has never played football in her life, and the only time she runs is.......is never! This could be hilarious I’m banned from videoing any of it.

Edit to add currently with one wet foot, any more recommendations for wellies?

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning Caddys.

The libre is a useful tool but boy can it be inaccurate. Day 3 of the Libre so it should have settled in by now. Most of yesterday morning I was off the scale. Yup simply reading LO, which I believe is around 2.1 or lower. Finger test had me at Bg 4.8.

After dinner last night same again LO but this time finger test had me at 2.7. Oooops, did not feel too low though. After a cuppa, couple of sugars and a biccie still not a lot happening, only go to a BG 3.1. Had a handful of jelly beans and unplugged the pump. A few hours later BG6.7 just before bed.

Of course the revenge of the carbs with a 15.2 around 3 am. Correction taken and woke to BG8.6

This should be an interesting morning. For the past 3 weeks i have been out to my usual place birdwatching and taking a very gentle stroll. For the past 3 weeks about an hour into my stroll my BG drops like a stone and I have to abandon the birdwatching.

Its glorious and sunny here today but cold, so heres hoping for a better morning.

Enjoy your weekend peeps hopes its hypo free for all

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!
Woke up at 10.1 after a correction from 19.8 in the night
Here's hoping my mood and subsequently blood sugars can level themselves out today. And if I can see some single figures, even better!

Any tips on what's good to binge in when you're having a bad day?

Today I'm packing to go back to uni tomorrow. So many more things to remember to pack now!

Hope everyone's got lovely Saturdays planned

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Birdwatching sounds a better activity than mine!

As soon as brekkie has gone down (and that was a humungous breakfast and it took a real effort to get it all munched. Gimme a medal someone), I am asking himself to bring down three large boxes from the landing. Then I get to sit on the floor and sort them out into trash and donations.

Once that's done the new mattress and bed for our room can be delivered, and once that's sorted I get to order a small double futon for the craft/guest room.

It all hinges on sorting the boxes out and getting the landing clear.

Reactions: Cumberland

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Any tips on what's good to binge in when you're having a bad day?

Alpro vanilla yoghurt - tastes like custard! Very good with cake....... Or, I am very fond of Asda's vegan chocolate buttons, and the Kinnerton Just chocolate, and I really like vegan chocolate raisins and peanuts.

Although I would point out that with your tendency to spike in the 20's, none of these would be that good of an idea....

Trouble is, I don't really have any foods for continual munching. I save my choccie allowance for telly-time, and then eat it (and I ration it because, hey, spikes).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Alpro vanilla yoghurt - tastes like custard! Very good with cake....... Or, I am very fond of Asda's vegan chocolate buttons, and the Kinnerton Just chocolate, and I really like vegan chocolate raisins and peanuts.

Although I would point out that with your tendency to spike in the 20's, none of these would be that good of an idea....

Trouble is, I don't really have any foods for continual munching. I save my choccie allowance for telly-time, and then eat it (and I ration it because, hey, spikes).
Thanks! Thought I was bring low carb with my snacks yesterday, but clearly my BS said otherwise!
I'm not sure I've ever tried vegan chocolate, but more than willing to give it a go!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Thanks! Thought I was bring low carb with my snacks yesterday, but clearly my BS said otherwise!
I'm not sure I've ever tried vegan chocolate, but more than willing to give it a go!

It's not especially low sugar, it's just that I'm vegan. You have choices!

When I was a child (get your violins out now .....) we were very, very hard up so we didn't have snacks. Mum fed us wholesome big meals but that was your lot. I never have snacked - I don't know when to fit them in, or what to have.

I believe the darker the chocolate the fewer the carbs. Learn to love really dark chocolate? I find sucking the stuff makes it taste amazing. (The Kinnertons is dark). Also Montezuma do a stunning vegan range of totally gorgeous dark chocolates. I ration that stuff on cost grounds as well as carbs.

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's not especially low sugar, it's just that I'm vegan. You have choices!

When I was a child (get your violins out now .....) we were very, very hard up so we didn't have snacks. Mum fed us wholesome big meals but that was your lot. I never have snacked - I don't know when to fit them in, or what to have.

I believe the darker the chocolate the fewer the carbs. Learn to love really dark chocolate? I find sucking the stuff makes it taste amazing. (The Kinnertons is dark). Also Montezuma do a stunning vegan range of totally gorgeous dark chocolates. I ration that stuff on cost grounds as well as carbs.
Luckily I do love dark chocolate! Been having the odd bit if milk choc as well though. Because I don't think I could ever cut it out

Unfortunately I have been a snacker all my life, and I eat when I'm bored, when I'm sad, sometimes even when I'm happy...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sadly no. The blurb that came with it says the battery will last between 4 and 5 years depending on use, and once it's gone flat you can still use the pen as an insulin delivery system but the display won't work, and the battery cannot be replaced. You have to replace the pen.
What a shame and what a waste

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, woke to a lo on the libre, which was 2.6 on the accuchek Wurlitzer - my own fault as I stuck in a unit of Levemir instead of Fiasp for last night’s final dose. Luckily the summer basal reduction had begun last night too or it could have been worse.
Happy rattling Mel.
Any old wellies would be good for now to prevent trench, or ploughed field, foot @slip! Wishing Mrs Slip good luck in the football!
Glad your bs are falling a bit Cumbs,
Lettuce wraps with peanut butter filling, celery dips with cottage cheese, Lidl’s almonds, and if you’re low enough for 10g plus a jab, their lentil crisps Jazz?
Hope it all behaves today karen.
And a sunny, washing-drying day to all. I think I raised the rain gods by hanging it out on Thursday. Couldn’t be bothered to bring it in again for ages and as soon as I did the sun came out again. Duh!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What a shame and what a waste

Yes, the last dose record’s useful, but if you don’t want to create waste and are prepared to forego it then you could do what we did in the old days and just use the counting dial.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I’ve just read the Blind Date headline in today’s guardian and asking you all, am I going OTT to feel affronted and offended? The headline’s ‘He asked if I wanted a little p (word used for feeling given by the sharp end of a needle)’. To my mind this at the top of the feature makes the bloke, who has diabetes, look like an inadequate creep, not an insulin using guy with a challenged pancreas. Am I just an out of date oldie?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Yes, the last dose record’s useful, but if you don’t want to create waste and are prepared to forego it then you could do what we did in the old days and just use the counting dial.

I use the little display when I've forgotten if I've had the basal and am about to have a dose but something nags at me. Then I check and quite often the display tells me I already did that. The counting dial just tells me how much I'm having and runs itself back down to zero as I push it in. I can never remember how much of the total amount I've had out of the 300 ml so trying to work it out from that won't be of much help ... Did I mention I forget things?

Reactions: SueJB

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I've been using the pen without the display for about a year, and have several times doubled my basal up by accident. I've had the pen 6 years and I don't feel like I've wasted it. I'll keep it for an emergency back up.

Reactions: SueJB

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yep, I don't need the record so I'll be keeping mine when it goes dead