Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Knikki - are you never Captain Black? I used to like him in the days when my son was young and we had to watch the program, read the books and play with the action figures.....

We're all up a bit bright and shiny! What's the world coming to when people with an allowed lie-in go getting up early?

Good luck tin-rattling @Mel dCP - that's a terrific cause you're out there for!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Night chaps. Off to bed loaded with whisky and some 100% chocolate. Got a busy day tin rattling at Asda to raise some funds for the local CFR scheme to update some kit and put some public access defibrillators out in the community. See you on the other side ❤️

Have a rattling good day Mel :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goid morning everyone woke to a 2.6 treated and rising slowly according to libre i have been hypo for about 2/3hours while asleep i think because im on metformin with my insulin my liver doesnt release glucose when this happens (did test with finger prick as well )anyhow have a good weekend everyone

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Goid morning everyone woke to a 2.6 treated and rising slowly according to libre i have been hypo for about 2/3hours while asleep i think because im on metformin with my insulin my liver doesnt release glucose when this happens (did test with finger prick as well )anyhow have a good weekend everyone

I hope your day will get better as 2.6 is low :( Take care:)

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@karen8967 - that is very low! Be careful - I find if I start the day wrong I'm in for a day of peaks and troughs. Why do they have you on the metformin if it stops your liver helping you out at times like this? I do feel for you; I'd spend my life scared stiff!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 - that is very low! Be careful - I find if I start the day wrong I'm in for a day of peaks and troughs. Why do they have you on the metformin if it stops your liver helping you out at times like this? I do feel for you; I'd spend my life scared stiff!
Hi wutwo its because im very resistant /sensitive to insulin and the metformin acts like a key letting the insulin work for me once my levels even out il be fine i try not to overtreat if i can help it although this doesnt always work as panic sets in and i raid grandkids goody drawer(thats my excuse anyway)

Reactions: Cumberland

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@karen8967 - yeah - to be that low is an awful feeling. I hope you're coming back up now! And I want grandkids - that way I can have a goody drawer too. I am missing out here!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I have my nice new Levemir pen :) My Novopen Echo's battery wore out, and I did find it useful. I can be absent minded about my basal and the pen's little display telling me when and how much I last injected is ideal.

And it's all shiny and new looking :woot:
Oh @WuTwo didn't know they had a battery. Can you replace them?

Reactions: Knikki

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Lots of news to read through this morning, don't know how everyone packs things in. @Mel dCP you're always up to something good and thinking about others. Remarkable.Never be Cpt Black @Knikki
Today I'm continuing with online marking for Cambridge and then this afternoon I'm off to The Perch for a cider and beer festival.
I haven't had a beer and maybe only one glass of cider since diagnosis 2 years ago. Do I prebolus? because I know for sure that I'll be trying some ciders......... probably quite a few

Hope everyone has a great weekend whether in or at

Reactions: Knikki