Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Well, brushed through that fairly well I think. At least the tee shirt is a pastel colour, and the logo VEGAN AF is surrounded by a wreath of pretty flowers... it could have been far more in your face :wideyed:

Luckily client & wife turn out to be veggie :happy:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well, brushed through that fairly well I think. At least the tee shirt is a pastel colour, and the logo VEGAN AF is surrounded by a wreath of pretty flowers... it could have been far more in your face :wideyed:

Luckily client & wife turn out to be veggie :happy:

You’ve probably unintentionally gained lifelong clients with that tee shirt

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Some pesky blinder’s spread a cough and head and chest infection this way and so yesterday and today have been and will be spent doing muck all except for telling the wretched thing to b off.
Off to the Midlands tomorrow so I need to be fit enough to show some energy and free from anything I might pass on.
Will you be taking Hamish up Old John?
Hope you enjoy your visit.:)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Will you be taking Hamish up Old John?
Hope you enjoy your visit.:)

Nah, Hamish’ll have to grow up a bit before he does Old John! I’ll be taking him along to British Aerospace though, going with younger daughter and grandsons to see the Mars Rover construction (I hope) in a tour of the site. Hamish’d better not think he’ll be part of the payload I hope we’ll get out to a bit of the glorious country near younger daughter’s too - Bradgate flat paths would suit Hamish at the mo, not Beacon Hill yet and he wouldn’t say no to lunch in Woodhouse Eaves but he’ll probably have a picnic. Pillings Lock would be good too.

Reactions: WuTwo and therower

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Evening all,
My arms ache. I have been climbing and trying new routes. Which resulted in a BG rise. But missing out the mid climb slice of cake, it s doing ok now.
I was listening to good ole radio 4 on the way home.
I often bang on about doctors misdiagnosing type 2 diabetes in adults because they don’t know more than 50% of people with type 1 are diagnosed as adults.
On the radio, tonight, I learnt about another misdiagnosis issue.
We are all told about the symptoms of a heart attack - pain in the chest and spreading down the left arm. Turns out this is the symptoms experienced by a man having a heart attack. Only 1 in 8 women experience these symptoms when having a heart attack. They are more likely to experience nausea which many doctors think is something complete different.
Ok nothing about diabetes ... but, for me, it is equally medically shocking.

It seems people are waking up to the fact that men and women are different. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have equality. Thanks for the heads up about heart attacks, though I hope none of us had one! A few years ago a woman in a group I was in described hers - she said her jaw ached, another symptom to look out for.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The radio program was talking about a book called something like “The invisible female” and gave other examples about the amount of research is done with males rather than women because women’s menstrual cycle could impact the results.
Talking of which, there is 5 times as much research on erectile dysfunction than PMS even though more women experience PMS than men experiencing erectile dysfunction.

And more overt jokes about PMS too.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Night night all. I’ve got 10 pages left in a book I’m enjoying and’ll finish it before sleeping as there’s no point in carrying it all the way to the Midlands tomorrow if it’s only going to last for a few minutes. So see you tomorrow, sleep well, happy dreams, stay hypo free, wake with good bs etc etc

Reactions: karen8967 and WuTwo

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
While watching Deutschland 86, I saw our lead character is supposed to be sedating somebody. So he gets out a little orange box - a very distinctive orange box, with a vial and syringe which may well be familiar to some here :) (though they skip the bit where you put the water in).

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
And last time getting up at the crack of dawn because after today I am off for six days, and even if I get up early at least I won't be dragged out of sleep by the wretched alarm. It'll just be young Tutti trying to push my head off the pillow.

Busy day - I finally persuaded the staff I **** well meant it when I said gimme your expenses sheets because I am putting them in early for payroll. I want to get everything else wrapped up properly and the boss is peed off because I'm having a holiday and won't be there. I've told him to ring me; the office email comes through to me at home, I can access all the computer systems from home and I'm only away for six effing days! (I do occasionally lose it and eff & blind at him a bit - he's used to it .....)

But aside from that - all is well. 5.4 to start the day! Yayay!!

Post edited by moderator, for language

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And last time getting up at the crack of dawn because after today I am off for six days, and even if I get up early at least I won't be dragged out of sleep by the wretched alarm. It'll just be young Tutti trying to push my head off the pillow.

Busy day - I finally persuaded the staff I meant it when I said gimme your expenses sheets because I am putting them in early for payroll. I want to get everything else wrapped up properly and the boss is peed off because I'm having a holiday and won't be there. I've told him to ring me; the office email comes through to me at home, I can access all the computer systems from home and I'm only away for six effing days! (I do occasionally lose it and eff & blind at him a bit - he's used to it .....)

But aside from that - all is well. 5.4 to start the day! Yayay!!

But it’s not a holiday if you’re still taking calls, reading emails and accessing work computer systems from home!

Quote edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

But it’s not a holiday if you’re still taking calls, reading emails and accessing work computer systems from home!

You know that and I know that. On the other hand I can't recall the last time I had more than a day off without a phone call, email or emergency "Could you just ....". I'm used to it.

In a year or two I'll have to try to persuade the boss that I really will be retiring. I will need a replacement and I know it will take a good six months to teach them all they need to know in connection with the family trust I've been working for for the last 30 years. He still doesn't believe that I'll actually go .....

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all,
My arms ache. I have been climbing and trying new routes. Which resulted in a BG rise. But missing out the mid climb slice of cake, it s doing ok now.
I was listening to good ole radio 4 on the way home.
I often bang on about doctors misdiagnosing type 2 diabetes in adults because they don’t know more than 50% of people with type 1 are diagnosed as adults.
On the radio, tonight, I learnt about another misdiagnosis issue.
We are all told about the symptoms of a heart attack - pain in the chest and spreading down the left arm. Turns out this is the symptoms experienced by a man having a heart attack. Only 1 in 8 women experience these symptoms when having a heart attack. They are more likely to experience nausea which many doctors think is something complete different.
Ok nothing about diabetes ... but, for me, it is equally medically shocking.

There's a LOT of work going on in Leicester on this very issue, helensaramay. So many cardiac events in women are discovered a long time later - often when the second or subsequent events eventually lead to an ECG, rather than just indigestion tablets.

Reactions: WuTwo

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
While watching Deutschland 86, I saw our lead character is supposed to be sedating somebody. So he gets out a little orange box - a very distinctive orange box, with a vial and syringe which may well be familiar to some here :) (though they skip the bit where you put the water in).

Someone in the props department with T1 - came to the rescue when the real prop couldn’t be found

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have decided to join in :)
Morning, I’ve been up since 4:30am and I’m running on 3 hours sleep. I had food around 7am, same breakfast as yesterday but today I’m more hungry. I’m staring at my oreos and fruit basket, hehehe. I hope you are all doing well. The weather looks fabulous but soon as I opened the door, I hissed and closed it again, then returned to my habitat which is the sofa.
I’m hoping to have another iced coffee and more food but I can’t decide between that and a nap (it’s still a nap if I sleep for 4-5hours right?)