Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good grief - that's a large rise. The salad would have been about 10g judging by my normal lunch (before I add the hummus). I have 5 cherry toms, 3 baby sweetcorn, a carrot, a large chunk of cauli and about 2" of cucumber. Sometimes I add broccoli and lettuce. Usually comes out at about 10g, so the bread must have been the guilty culprit.

Didn’t have the bread, just the salad. Don’t normally have big rises like that when I eat carbs and inject. Thought a rise to about 8 would have been about right. Definitely better for me to eat moderate carbs as I have better control. So about 100 a day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast how old is your granddaughter? Hope they work out what’s wrong. Sending hugs!

She is the same age as my daughter, 18 and another granddaughter too, so that's 3 of them, with just 6 weeks between them :) Birthday's September 2, October 16 and November 16, so my daughter is auntie to the other two :wideyed:o_O

Reactions: becca59 and Antje77
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This is the second day I have seen this in my garden and I don't know what or who is doing this to these two pots ! :wideyed::mad:

DSC_0513.JPG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Is that your bulbs gone missing as well?

Just asked Mrs Knikki she said squirrels their little b****rs for it.

No bulbs just some flower seeds I planted a few weeks ago, maybe birds, Magpie ?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
as you well know you may also have your knickers on inside out which could be causing the hypos :)
I always wear them inside out so the label doesn't tickle. Next time I have a hypo I'll turn them around as per your advice instead of munching sweets!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Your having a my kind of day, first off stop panicking, everything has a reason for it and as you well know you may also have your knickers on inside out which could be causing the hypos :)

3.3 is not so bad and you should only need something small to nudge you up, but as @MeiChanski suggest bread and jam could be a good one, jam sweet acts quick the bread a slow carb release, and roughly 20-26 gram carb.

You need to resist the urge to "rage munch" (unless your also doing weed which might throw a spanner in the works) because if your liver dumps glucose big time and you have eaten the contents of the fridge (been there got the t-shirt) then you'll have a hyper to deal with which may be more of a problem.

Take care, I'm sure you'll sort it soon :)
Checked knickers @Knikki they're on the right way, glucotabs and cheddars have now taken me up to 8.9 so I'm OK. It's not so much panic as the inability to get it right. Not doing weed but did some weeding and haven't eaten the fridge or contents. 4 Chinese dumplings with Sechuan (however you spell it) spicy soup. Not going low tonight. Again, thanks for the reassuring words

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Oh no, it's good to have jam in the fridge for emergencies :)
I lied, I've got jam but nothing to spread it on. No worries BG back to a sensible 6 something. Will test before bed. Thanks for kind words

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all. Had a much better BG day today, 99.3% in range (spent ten whole minutes at 7.1), noodling around the Sherlock Holmes museum and the V&A. Just waiting a delivery of Thai food, so am expecting it to go horribly wrong imminently!

Big hugs, @SueJB - you’re doing great xxx

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The hormones making me hangry every 2 hours, :( I don't feel guilty about the oreos and my next victim could possibly be pringles, or cake (bf's birthday soon, early cake sounds good), or something saucy. :hilarious:
I had dinner went from 6.6 to 15.6, came back down to 4.9, I guess diabetes didn't like rice.

Reactions: Knikki and SueJB

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I lied, I've got jam but nothing to spread it on. No worries BG back to a sensible 6 something. Will test before bed. Thanks for kind words
I'd spread it on biscuits but that's naughty - like digestives + jam = partly homemade wagon wheels. :hilarious:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bad day for me in work today bgs decided they wanted to hit the deck sometimes its like insulin is at double strength ihad 2 toast for breakfast bloods were 4.4 as i knew i was going to be busy in work i only took 2 units of insulin 2 hours later 2.4 had a couple jelly babies and an alpine bar went to 5.3 1 hour after that down to 3 more jelly babies and a digestive half an hour later had my lunch only gave half the amount of insulin got home at 2pm bgs now 5 ive been like this on an off for a couple of weeks now have done basal tests and they seem fine nice straight lines ive changed vials even from different boxes its just mad i had a big fat kebab for tea took less insulin for that too currently 6.2 and going to bed so thanks for listening peeps im gonna have a digestive in bed (on tommys side b4 he comes up they are very crumbly )anyway goodnight everyone sleep well