Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hi Gnat - glad to see things went well for you today!

Reactions: Gnat

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting fellow colanders hope you are all having a good day.

I have been quite lucky that for the past 6 years or so i have not to have eye drops added when i go for my check.

Pump still playing silly beggars as once again overnight went from BG 5.2 at 10.30 pm to BG 10.6 at 3 am. Took a correction dose and since about 6am my BG has been fantastic. Checking every half hour or so and it has varied from around BG 4.3 to BG 6.2, which for me is unheard of.

I have tweeked the basal settings slightly, the one great advantage of the pump and even dropped my carb ratio slightly, as for the past week or so my morning BG have been decent as opposed to my normal huge spikes in morning.

I have still about 9 years to retirement but like others have been paying into NI for 40+ years.

I live in hope that I can get made redundant, in maybe a couple of years after 25 years, get a decent payout and get my bus pass and travel around Scotland, on wee day rips here and there

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi. I dread having my eyes dilated as I worry that if I have an accident afterwards and am unconscious , when the emergency staff see my fixed dilated pupils everyone will go and have a cup of tea instead of treating me!

Reactions: Knikki

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
all done and out by 9:05 am. Sunglasses in place despite the dull foggy day. ( love the Blues Brothers)

new term for the eye screening - 'I'm going all Blues Brothers today!' :hilarious:

so now and again I struggle to keep my BG in range and I'm beginning to suspect my insulin cartridges - like now, last day or so (other than this morning!) i've been riding around in the low double figures 10-13. It's not often both fast and slow acting cartridges are near the end together but thats all I can put it down to, anyone else ever get this? (pumpers need not respond!)

When I get home tonight i'll swap them out early.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Greeting fellow colanders hope you are all having a good day.

I have been quite lucky that for the past 6 years or so i have not to have eye drops added when i go for my check.

Pump still playing silly beggars as once again overnight went from BG 5.2 at 10.30 pm to BG 10.6 at 3 am. Took a correction dose and since about 6am my BG has been fantastic. Checking every half hour or so and it has varied from around BG 4.3 to BG 6.2, which for me is unheard of.

I have tweeked the basal settings slightly, the one great advantage of the pump and even dropped my carb ratio slightly, as for the past week or so my morning BG have been decent as opposed to my normal huge spikes in morning.

I have still about 9 years to retirement but like others have been paying into NI for 40+ years.

I live in hope that I can get made redundant, in maybe a couple of years after 25 years, get a decent payout and get my bus pass and travel around Scotland, on wee day rips here and there
@smc4761 thought you might like this

Attachments

• IMG_2350.JPG
    IMG_2350.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 272

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done @Knikki and a brilliant HBA1C proving that as a Type 1 you do not have to eat a strict low carb diet to achieve success if you don’t want to.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on the HbA1C result Knikki, I can only dream about BG that good

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
About six hours for me. One hospital I went to gave me anti-drops after to counter them, but they gave me the dilating ones instead, so I looked like a stoned bush baby for the day :D
I sometimes suffer from Iritis where my iris becomes inflamed and I have to have the dilation drops twice a day so each morning I put them in when I get to work - I get a few strange looks having sunglasses on and peering at my computer screen because it’s like looking through a puddle!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm about 3 - 4 hours before I get restored vision after those eyedrops. I do, however, have a late in the day appointment usually in October, and it's either dark or getting dark when I come out of the opticians.

I really, really, really did not want to go back to work today. Or get up this morning. In the finish, it was a pretty good day, and I was jolted out of my doldrums by some grim, awful news about a colleague's family. I knew what had happened, I just hadn't realised it had happened within this colleague's family.

In the meantime, I have solved the "Why the heck am I running in double figures, on double the amount of insulin on a Non-Organ Playing Sunday with 15 miles worth of walking in it, with Madame DP getting right out of control, and it all continuing right up to 4.00 p.m. this afternoon." conundrum. It took walking home plus cutting grass both front and back of the house to get me under 8.0 before evening meal time! Just don't ask where I got to yesterday, but I've not seen numbers like it since just before the LADA diagnosis. 15 months ago.

Do not put your bag, with both lots of insulin in it, on the floor in a house with underfloor heating on and working, is the answer to that conundrum. Both lots now changed, the slightly over-heated lot binned (I am wailing internally about the waste of two half-full pens.) and all seems well again.

Gnat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To be honest all I do is similar to what @Scott-C said yonks ago keep your numbers below 10 and for 8 out 10 days I manage it. Yeah I hypo which does not bother me to much and I will happily stay at 4.0 - 4.5 all day but I know others will be "No no to that" ~shrug~
I couldn't manage to stay at 4.0-4.5 all day - my levels vary more than that - would like to though. Do you worry that if you have too many hypos you will lose awareness which increases risk? Or are you not having many?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Japes - glad you've sorted that one out, but I hear where you're coming from about the waste. I hate wasting anything at all and can feel ridiculously guilty about having to throw something out that might, possibly, just maybe have another month or two of life in it. But your insulin had died! No two ways about it. Sorry to hear a colleague of yours has such dreadful news and I hope they find peace.

Today - I seem to have woken up at exactly the same as when I went to sleep - 5.2 - wossat all about? My basal level isn't that good - so now I'm suspicious about what's coming next......

Well done with HbA1C scores - I got told off once for micro-managing! Told it was unnecessary. Ha! thought I, and have ignored them ever since....

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, I wonder what I’ll be teaching today? I just know what school to go to, I’ve got no idea what I’ll be doing when I get there... what an adventure!

Just got the start of a foot on the floor rise, so will bolus a cheeky unit before I leave. Always feels a bit scary when I’m only at 4.9, but I’ll go through the roof if I don’t!

Have a good day, all xxx

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Is my long day at the office so I get a big breakfast - today was tinned toms, scrambled tofu on toast. Yummy.

Got a horrible workload on for the day but once it's done I'll be happy.

I hope we all stay fairly level throughout our days - keep the lids on the stress levels all of us!

And - for anyone who feels they might need one -
huge-hug-2.gif

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning campers. Hi de Hi.

Dont you just hate being type 1 and the inconsistencies of it all. For the past weeks my overnight BG have been terrible. Last night went to bed with BG of 5.1, now most overnights in past few weeks would see that rise to around BG 10. I had eaten approx same amount of carbs that night did the same thing, sat on bottom watching TV, so nothing different.

Rudely awoken at 1am with BG of 2.9, jelly beans to rescue and woke to a BG of 4.3 at 6.30 am.

Wots that all about:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyhoo hope you all have a good day

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning campers. Hi de Hi.

Dont you just hate being type 1 and the inconsistencies of it all. For the past weeks my overnight BG have been terrible. Last night went to bed with BG of 5.1, now most overnights in past few weeks would see that rise to around BG 10. I had eaten approx same amount of carbs that night did the same thing, sat on bottom watching TV, so nothing different.

Rudely awoken at 1am with BG of 2.9, jelly beans to rescue and woke to a BG of 4.3 at 6.30 am.

Wots that all about:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyhoo hope you all have a good day
Im the same smc4761