Type 2 and flat feet

Bri2013

Hi
This is my first post as I've only just worked out how to use the site. I have a serious question for you which could initially sound rather far fetched, however......
I was discussing with my girlfriend about my feet and also about her son who has Crohns disease. The discussion turned to the topic of reflexology.
I have flat feet and of course diabetes. Now looking at a diagram of the foot in relation to where things are in the body I was quite surprised to see that the pancreas is located on the arch of the foot ( or in my case lack of arch ).
I would be interested to know how many others, either T1 or T2 have flat feet or other problems with the arches of their feet.
Just so you know I have always been somewhat dubious regarding alternative medicine, however it seems to me It could be interesting to see what others thought.

Thanks

Bri

LittleWolf

I know nothing about rexflexology but that is an interesting coincidence.

I have flat ft myself and over the years I've actively been staying conscious of how I distribute my weight (you should see how worn down my own shoes are on one side!) I strengthened my arches with ballet training and it does take some of the pressure off your knees. I don't know about you but my flat feet caused supination and anterior pelvic tilt. Owwie.

Bri2013

Thanks for the reply.
Perhaps I should have been more specific. I should have mentioned that my girlfriends son, who has crohns, had warts on his foot exactly where the large intestine is shown to be in reflexology. This was before diagnosis and treatment. As soon as he began treatment for the crohns the warts cleared up.
I was trying to establish whether or not people with diabetes also have an issue with flat feet or arch problems.
I don't mean problems with feet as a result of diabetes, I realise yours isn't by the way.
I understand some of the problems and pain you may be experiencing

Thanks again

Bri

LittleWolf

Ok.

It is worth bearing in mind those from an afro-caribbean background are higher risk and also genetically predisposed towards having flat feet.

Sorry I didn't understand so well.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. First I don't believe in Reflexology or anything to do with mystical stuff - I'm a scientist and engineer by profession....

Yes, I have flat feet inherited from my mother. At my age of 68 they are giving me increasing problems due to bone mis-alignment, arthritis and possibly some damage due to the diabetes. I'll never know how much the diabetes has influenced the problem but I'd rather have normal feet!

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bri2013 said:
I was trying to establish whether or not people with diabetes also have an issue with flat feet or arch problems.

I do yes, but I won't contemplate amputation as a cure.

Elc1112

I have the opposite problem - high arches. I say problem, but they have never caused me any issues whatsoever (I just leave strange footprints when I walk in the sand!).

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Pancreas located in foot?

Yes, if you're into Reflexology that's apparently where you'll find it. Strangely I though it was in the abdomen.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Daibell said:
Strangely I though it was in the abdomen.

That's standard NHS talk. Surely you have heard of alternative anatomy, 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach' or 'his brain is in his pants'?

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going back to the OP's original question. I have Type 2 and flatter than normal feet and can't wear trainers with built up arches. Whether it is related to my diabetes is questionable.

jayne15

daughter age 7 type 1 for 6 months at her foot appointment they said she had flat feet- he also said I had them too ! (no diabetes yet !) interesting.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
sean51 said:
Anyone who believes that the pancreas is in the foot has their brains in their pants

Or maybe they've just got their chakras twisted

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did he stay the actual pancreas is in the foot......ummmmmmm nope.

I haven't been told have flat feet but ankles do roll inwards when standing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bri2013

Denise
Thanks for the reply AND thanks also for actually reading my initial post, unlike some who clearly have no grasp of the English language or how to interpret it