Type 2 : CHRISTMAS TREATS

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like Christmas cake pudding or mince pies either, I'd rather have chocolate cake much nicer.
Be good to know how the low carb baking turns out :)

This year I’ve taken the easy option and ordered a few keto cupcakes :)

Reactions: Mrs T 123

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
I am a type 2 in remission off all medication ....

I will be having baked ham I have found a diabetic friendly ham glaze that I am trying out. Veggies and Stuffed and Black olives. I will be having instant mashed potatoes, 26 g of carbs. I cook them in chicken broth instead of water. For dessert I bought a tiny pumpkin pie. I am trying to keep the portions under control

Breakfast will have one whole wheat English muffin with sugar free Marmalade. I know I am pushing it but it is a family tradition to have it. The sugar free marmalade is the best I can do, normally we would have Mackay's or Keller and Son, but they are loaded with sugar.

I am being really conservative with my numbers and swimming like a fish so any sugar has some place to go. I am planning on taking good long walk after Christmas dinner

Wish you all a merry Xmas. I am expecting coal from the big guy, but that is normal ........

Dave

Reactions: Diane_56

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please share where you can order these from - sound delicious

Hi. It’s not the link above. It’s a company local to me (although they’re homeless at the moment as they had to give up their cafe in Greenwich). Delivery charges are steep - luckily for me I can pick up in person from an arranged point, which makes it far more of an option.

I find their cakes are not so sweet as Deliciously Guilt Free and as I can walk to pick them up (about 3.5 miles via the scenic route so some exercise too!) don’t need to order many to make it worthwhile. That’s a very good thing in my case as moderation does not come naturally to me!

https://yummzy.co.uk/

I’m quite lucky down here - have also recently discovered (but not yet visited) a sugar free bakery/cafe near a part of the canal I frequent. Not everything there is keto, but they have a small keto section on the menu, so I’ll be investigating in due course.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi. It’s not the link above. It’s a company local to me (although they’re homeless at the moment as they had to give up their cafe in Greenwich). Delivery charges are steep - luckily for me I can pick up in person from an arranged point, which makes it far more of an option.

I find their cakes are not so sweet as Deliciously Guilt Free and as I can walk to pick them up (about 3.5 miles via the scenic route so some exercise too!) don’t need to order many to make it worthwhile. That’s a very good thing in my case as moderation does not come naturally to me!

I’m quite lucky down here - have also recently discovered (but not yet visited) a sugar free bakery/cafe near a part of the canal I frequent. Not everything there is keto, but they have a small keto section on the menu, so I’ll be investigating in due course.
I'm the same with sweet stuff i like it too much . The only thing that worries me is what is the keto desserts to sweeten them as artificial sweeteners cause me headaches ?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Delivery charges are steep - luckily for me I can pick up in person from an arranged point, which makes it far more of an option.

this made me smile, I do hope you're not under surveillance, 'Officer, it's cup cakes, honest'. x

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm the same with sweet stuff i like it too much . The only thing that worries me is what is the keto desserts to sweeten them as artificial sweeteners cause me headaches ?
I use either straight erythritol or one of the erythritol and stevia mixes.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Enjoy! one of the advantages of living in a big city :)

DanW13

Didn’t push it too much yesterday but did have a dessert for first time in 4 months, albeit a small one, 2x profiteroles with Belgian chocolate & single cream. Only pushed me briefly to 7.8 which was a pleasant surprise. My pre Xmas research identified profiteroles as one of the less bad desserts out there, probably due to the fact they’re mostly just cream. Will have a couple more for pud today!

Othet thing I’ve found is a glass of red wine really puts a lid on things or knocks back BG readings if they get a bit stuck or high post meals!

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I’m eating like I normally do what I want when I want!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m eating like I normally do what I want when I want!
Me too - cold meats, delicious cheeses, yummy dark chocolate mousse, lots of veggies, pickles, homemade ice cream with thick double cream, lemon cheesecake