Type 2 diagnosis

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure what they would expect to see following GD, tagging @azure for some input.

Ok thanks, I feel like It's all my own fault I should have known myself to sort myself out and push the doctors for more info regarding if I should continue taking medication ect I'm really angry at myself right now I mean I cut out sugar but I wasn't cutting out a lot of carbs I thought I'd be okay everyone says it mostly goes after you give birth but obviously that's not always the case anyway I mean I had the baby and now I've settled so can focus on myself abit more.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey guys I rang the doctors because it was boring me so my HbA1c in Feb was 42 mmol , in June 59 mmol and July 64 mmol that's bad isn't it wonder how much metformin they will put me on
My HbA1c was 70 in May, I was put on 500mgs of Metformin, once daily for a week, then twice daily for a week and then 3 daily which is what I remain on at the moment.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok thanks, I feel like It's all my own fault I should have known myself to sort myself out and push the doctors for more info regarding if I should continue taking medication ect I'm really angry at myself right now I mean I cut out sugar but I wasn't cutting out a lot of carbs I thought I'd be okay everyone says it mostly goes after you give birth but obviously that's not always the case anyway I mean I had the baby and now I've settled so can focus on myself abit more.
Don't blame yourself, I went through trawling the internet asking 'why me?' But went round in circles and was driving myself mad. I had to resolve to just get on with it, and look forwards in the end.

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't blame yourself, I went through trawling the internet asking 'why me?' But went round in circles and was driving myself mad. I had to resolve to just get on with it, and look forwards in the end.

Yeah so true just have to look forwards, when I was pregnant I was on metformin twice a day didn't really help them I had to go on insulin this is what I'm scared of lol

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah so true just have to look forwards, when I was pregnant I was on metformin twice a day didn't really help them I had to go on insulin this is what I'm scared of lol
Just say you'd rather try Metformin and diet first. It's your decision really, your body.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeh they put me on metformin and some cholesterol tablets, gave me some sheets for diet and exercise and a new blood testing machine but she said you don't need to do it I said I want to so I can check what foods spike my blood sugar ect and she was like ok and gave me a new machine I prefer my old one which machine has everyone got?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Uh oh .... if you're on statins (Cholesterol), please read up on them. A lot.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
We all fall into the carb trap! Don't fret @ShyLily, we are here to assist as you need it. We want you to be healthy and happy with your life, as the saying goes..."live long and prosper"!

Reactions: Butterfly1960

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeh they put me on metformin and some cholesterol tablets, gave me some sheets for diet and exercise and a new blood testing machine but she said you don't need to do it I said I want to so I can check what foods spike my blood sugar ect and she was like ok and gave me a new machine I prefer my old one which machine has everyone got?
Do you have all your cholesterol results? I looked on line at mine before I saw the Dr so I knew they were borderline, therefore I had bargaining power to delay statins at least til the next test to see if they improve as my weight declines etc. I gather statins can have debilitating side effects so I'm trying to avoid them.
I have an SD Code free meter. What do you have?

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you have all your cholesterol results? I looked on line at mine before I saw the Dr so I knew they were borderline, therefore I had bargaining power to delay statins at least til the next test to see if they improve as my weight declines etc. I gather statins can have debilitating side effects so I'm trying to avoid them.
I have an SD Code free meter. What do you have?

She told me results I forgot now lol, from hospital I have glucomen and doctors gave me agamatrix but on this new machine my blood sugar right now is 7.3 but on my old one it's 8.8 why isn't it accurate I don't get these machines

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She told me results I forgot now lol, from hospital I have glucomen and doctors gave me agamatrix but on this new machine my blood sugar right now is 7.3 but on my old one it's 8.8 why isn't it accurate I don't get these machines
They are allowed a certain tolerance, 15% I think. I haven't heard of either of the ones you have. I've seen people say on here the Code Free reads a bit high. I think you just need to stick to one and look for relative rises and falls.

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are allowed a certain tolerance, 15% I think. I haven't heard of either of the ones you have. I've seen people say on here the Code Free reads a bit high. I think you just need to stick to one and look for relative rises and falls.

Hmmm the nurse was like people get too obsessed with reading blood sugars you don't really need to do it unless your ok insulin but I was like it's good it shows you what foods spike ect

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmm the nurse was like people get too obsessed with reading blood sugars you don't really need to do it unless your ok insulin but I was like it's good it shows you what foods spike ect
Stick to your guns! My GP just said if you want you can but wasn't very enthusiastic. However I saw my orthopaedic consultant last month and when I told him I now have diabetes and I was self monitoring he said 'Good for you' and then asked me how my readings were going! I have become a bit of a number cruncher but I think I'd be more anxious running blind!

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stick to your guns! My GP just said if you want you can but wasn't very enthusiastic. However I saw my orthopaedic consultant last month and when I told him I now have diabetes and I was self monitoring he said 'Good for you' and then asked me how my readings were going! I have become a bit of a number cruncher but I think I'd be more anxious running blind!

Yh defo agree

Reactions: Rachox

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
I'm a newbie to all this as diagnosed type 2 in March. Bit of a shock and denial at first!
Been advised by diabetes nurse to go low carb of max 100g per day, daunting at 1st but starting to get a hang on it!
Also trying wheat and dairy free diet for a month to see how I feel...... so all change all at once!
Has anyone else tried this combo dieting?

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
I'm a newbie to all this as diagnosed type 2 in March. Bit of a shock and denial at first!
Been advised by diabetes nurse to go low carb of max 100g per day, daunting at 1st but starting to get a hang on it!
Also trying wheat and dairy free diet for a month to see how I feel...... so all change all at once!
Has anyone else tried this combo dieting?

Hey yeah I know how you feel it's abit depressing but got to just get on with it suppose it's good as our bodies need a break and we need to get healthy ect that's good low carb is hard I've started abit, good luck I'm just confused so much information out there nhs says one thing other doctors say another internet says another some say fasting is dangerous some say good confusing to me lol

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey yeah I know how you feel it's abit depressing but got to just get on with it suppose it's good as our bodies need a break and we need to get healthy ect that's good low carb is hard I've started abit, good luck I'm just confused so much information out there nhs says one thing other doctors say another internet says another some say fasting is dangerous some say good confusing to me lol
I'm also having acupuncture! 2nd session today. It is something I tried in the past, but not for diabetes then. Though this time was for fibromyalgia. The therapist was quite positive about treating diabetes too..... about balancing the whole body. It's relaxing anyway, if nothing else!

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm also having acupuncture! 2nd session today. It is something I tried in the past, but not for diabetes then. Though this time was for fibromyalgia. The therapist was quite positive about treating diabetes too..... about balancing the whole body. It's relaxing anyway, if nothing else!

Noway that's cool going to look into that I'm just really craving all the foods I want but can't have