Type 2 Life

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Off out shortly. Lovely out there. :)

Reactions: 3 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@mo53 - Thank You, and my apologies as I thought I had said that I was out today for double Hospital Appointments.:). There's a Deans on the Seamer Road just outside Scarborough apparently? The food is to "die for" and the deserts all look yummy, which is what I really wanted. And I wanted to treat R for coming with me - but he treated me instead:). We never bought any plants, R wants us to go to Reighton Nurseries in a fortnight - we just bought some terracotta pots and compost = £40 quid.

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Good Afternoon my lovely friends,

I went to my local diabetes clinic in Union Road, Stockwell today.

These were the results of the tests:-

Random blood glucose:- 7.5
Urine:- Normal; no ketones or abnormal proteins
Blood Pressure:- 118/62
HbA1c:- 53 mmol / 7.0%
Weight:- 89 kg (13 st 12 lbs)

My Lixisenatide glucagon like peptide injection has been decreased in strength from 20 mcg to 10 mcg.

Have a lovely day, my friends.

Johnny Baker
Individual with autistic spectrum disorder and depression.
Good afternoon Johnny, those are excellent results. Well done!

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Bye. Talk later. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well Done and Congrats to you @Cumberland - yours is by far a much better result from 73 to 55 :)

Reactions: 8 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - Thank You Anna, I was so excited like a "big Kid" - couldn't wait to get home to tell you all! I was completely 'shocked' when the Diabetologist said my HBA1C was lower than she expected it to be!!!
I even write in my blood sugar log book why I have had a spike, I told her I get "depressed" and I reach for Chocolate because it makes me feel really HAPPY:D Wmx

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 so you came to the deans at Scarborough. When you mentioned Deans I thought there must be one in York. We went to Reighton last Sunday. It was full!! I've never seen a garden centre so busy. I think R. Is right to wait and go there. Deans seems very expensive. I was amazed at how big Reighton is.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - Was pointing out there's a Deans on Seamer Road ( but, you know). Dean's in York is on Stockton Lane the Coastliner Bus Route (to Scarborough).When we decide to go to Reighton Nurseries, I'll let you know by giving you a few days notice and I will go to Lidl and buy up all the rolls they have and bring them out, we will have to arrange a meeting point, I'll wear something - maybe a Big Silly Hat so you can recognise me, and carry a copy of Woman Own magazine!!!!! lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - Sorry, but I was boring = neither Mod Or Rocker, but liked the guys in tight leather on the bikes!!! And was mad on David Bowie and Roxy Music, even dyed my hair Red when David Bowie did his!:cat:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
That would have been worth seeing! I've got a great photo taken in the mid 1970s of my hubby in bell-bottoms jeans, paisley shirt with a long collar ( remember these) el zappata moustache and a bandanna round his long curly hair. I had a Paisley maxidress, long embroidered waistcoat, granny sunglasses and two curtains of long hair with flowery bandana just like hubby's (my boyfriend then) we were like a couple of "skinned rabbits" Boy were we thin!

D

debrasue

Thanks Mo, I do hope you gave into plant lust and bought something:), I shall be doing exactly that on my way home from hospital. Yvonne will be out with her clients and said plants will be in the ground and looking resplendent on her return and thus only the mildest of reprimands will ensue. I have my list of chosen specimens in my back pocket as I write...hash :)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
Hash???? You're going to grow some hash????!!!!!!!!! :eek:

D

debrasue

@13lizanne - Thank You Anna, I was so excited like a "big Kid" - couldn't wait to get home to tell you all! I was completely 'shocked' when the Diabetologist said my HBA1C was lower than she expected it to be!!!
I even write in my blood sugar log book why I have had a spike, I told her I get "depressed" and I reach for Chocolate because it makes me feel really HAPPY:D Wmx
Ahhhh, yes - chocolate makes me feel really happy too, at least until I've eaten it all, and then it makes me feel quite different. :sorry:

D

debrasue

That would have been worth seeing! I've got a great photo taken in the mid 1970s of my hubby in bell-bottoms jeans, paisley shirt with a long collar ( remember these) el zappata moustache and a bandanna round his long curly hair. I had a Paisley maxidress, long embroidered waistcoat, granny sunglasses and two curtains of long hair with flowery bandana just like hubby's (my boyfriend then) we were like a couple of "skinned rabbits" Boy were we thin!
You're still beautifully slim now, Anna. Sadly that has never been the case for me! :(

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Haha....absolutely no idea what I meant by hash...its that blinking auto correct thingy when I'm typing. :)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app