Type 2 remission

kim#mimi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have T2 but am currwently in remission, which is great. It took low carb diet and 3 metaformin a day but that was no hardship. Have been in remission for 4 years now. I am just about to try the 12 week plan from Diabetes UK so will let you know how I get on.
I managed to get myself back into the pre-diabetes range following LC but my cholesterol has risen, as result I'll be signing up to the 12 week program, once I get paid, as I feel need a bit of guidance.

hecate105

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, unfairness, cruelty,
Yes - when i was first diagosed i went on a very low carb diet - no carrots even!! My level came down to normal within 3 months. But the low carb diet played havoc with my insides - gave me terrible tummyache and diarrhoea and my cholestrol went right up!!
DR also did not say it would go back again - so it was a surprise 3 years later to be told i was diabetic again!! This time i did 2 courses thru the Doctors - one a standard diabetic one the other a WholeLife vegan diet. Before i started them i did the intermittent fasting really assiduously - and got back into 'normal' - but did the vegan thing to make them happy (i used to be vegan so it wasn't hard!) As soon as i finished both courses - i was told i could not have my blood sugar tested anymore - just once a year!!!
So = i have lost faith in the medical experts - i just have to figure it out myself - so got a Libre kit (first one is free from Abbott if you are type 2!!) and am getting confused so far!!!

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
Hi, I have T2 but am currwently in remission, which is great. It took low carb diet and 3 metaformin a day but that was no hardship. Have been in remission for 4 years now. I am just about to try the 12 week plan from Diabetes UK so will let you know how I get on.
Is your remission due to total change of diet, or is it sustained even though you have gone back to eating normally?