Type 2: What are your most recent HBA1C results?

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I wrote my comment I thought it was funny. It doesn't look so good in print and might have offended you. I apologise if it did since that was not my intention.

I wasn’t offended at all so please don’t worry.

I thought about creating the thread to encourage everyone about how they’re getting along with their A1c!

Reactions: Freema

sunburst69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 in dec - 6.0 quarter before that - unfortunately treatment protocol for prostate cancer is not conducive to good BG control - my doctor and I believe my low carb diet and daily walking are helping to mitigate the negative treatment effects somewhat

Dabe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
36083216d2d73aa840ee30b78562d453.jpg
1st hba1c back after diagnosis 20 kilo down cholesterol levels in check 25 kilo still to lose but heading in right direction thank you for your help in this forum and a big thank you to my family and friends for helping me start this journey

gardengnome42

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes and dieting
Everyone knows my feelings about the HbA1c test. Too many anomalies for my liking. ;)

And just to add ..... it isn't a competition!

Can I ask what you mean by 'Too many anomalies' please?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask what you mean by 'Too many anomalies' please?

Yes, there are too many things that can cause an HbA1c to be higher or lower than other tests indicate, mainly down to the life span of an individual's red blood cells and other issues with red blood cells.

sunburst69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
While many things can affect A1c and BG for that matter, it is a good barometer of BG control in general and an important tool to help one understand their situation. Although touted as a 90 day average, it is skewed more towards 30-60 usually. Agreed, it should not be viewed as a competition, just something to help one do the best they can.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just want to encourage everyone that’s all.

And I wish I’m a smart **** but I’m not!

admirable... but honestly with the gaps betweeen testing, I would much rather work on what I need to do for my benefit as just seeing people’s latest results is not motivating in itself. I don’t look at your original post and think “wow that is enough to make me wanna get out of bed, work out and then tackle my day”...

Finding like-minded threads or journeys with people who might face similar challenges... that is a tad more helpful. But well done on your results...

Edited to add... I update my results in my signature, following what lots of others do. That way you can see people’s progression pretty much all the time. I dare say that is a little more inspiring.

Graham76

My last set of results (Jan 2018) came back at 91. And I can't get it any lower no matter what meds I seem to be on. Getting annoyed with it, really, being as I need a cataract operation.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Latest result for HBA1C is now at 38 (5.6%), Feb 2018.

Last edited:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
See signature - However like @Bluetit1802 I won't put too much value on any results as our Diabetes.co.uk HBA1c converter estimates are always slightly lower, and those from my Libre sensors when I was using them were suggesting HbA1c in mid 30s, which give a pretty wide range of figures to choose from , so who knows!

But I'm happy with them considering I have a three quarters of a century old pancreas which has been attempting to do its diabetic best on my behalf for the last four years.

Robbity