Type 2: What are your most recent HBA1C results?

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive been using A1CNOW+ from ptsdiagnostics about once a month instead of faffing around with GP's that have no appointments for me :¬)
http://www.ptsdiagnostics.com/a1cnow-systems-overview.html

I think its realy good if you follow the instructsion
recently I got 5.7% 5.7% 5.6% and 5.5% last month

Mainly low because i dont eat carbs anymore :¬( RIP pizza etc hehe

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
HOw did you get your levels down?

We are all individuals with different approaches, needs and tastes. If you ask this question in the forum under the 'Ask A Question' section you will get many more opinions and ideas than going to PM with a single member. What works for me may not work for you so getting the story and experience of just one person with Diabetes does not necessarily mean that it will be the right approach for you as an individual. Almost all of us have to do some adjusting or tweaking. Hope this helps.

McGints11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I just got my A1c back and I am so happy. It was 38 (or 5.6% in the old money). Cholesterol was 3.5. Trigs was 0.6.

I have a really great care team, a very supportive wife and lots of good advice from this forum. Thank you to everyone.

I eat a lower carb diet, abour 120 grams of carb per day. I keep the saturated fats as low as possible. I aim for 15,000 steps per day. I am on Metformin XR 500mg x 1 per day.

Reactions: Freema

lucas12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi went private abroad
1 lab test 4.5 - private clinic
3 days after another lab 4.9 -hospital lab

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
6.4/46.4.
Christmas has a lot to answer for.
Surgery were happy.
Me, not.
I already knew I had drifted. Back on the straight and narrow!

gardengnome42

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes and dieting
Everyone knows my feelings about the HbA1c test. Too many anomalies for my liking. ;)

And just to add ..... it isn't a competition!

What are your feelings Bluetit, I haven't heard them before? And what anomalies?
I took the plunge and asked for an HbA1c 6 months on from the last one [43] and know I haven't been low carbing as I should have been so await results with trepidation. I just had it today so will get it online next week. I do need a kick up the bum but also hope it hasn't gone over 48. We'll see ...