Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

davetee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I recently cut out carbs e.g, bread, potato, cereals and adopted LCHF and have already started dropping some weight and seeing better results with my BG tests

Breakfast - bacon, mushrooms (fried in coconut oil), 2x small egg muffin

Lunch - mixed salad leaves, grated cheddar, omelette, mayonnaise

Tested my blood sugar before lunch and it was 5.5...happy with that

Reactions: 6 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
5.3 after breakfast scrambled eggs and sausage

davetee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kippers for breakfast :)

Cream of Broccoli Soup for Lunch :)

Dinner was Beef Mince & Onions, followed by cream and a few strawbs & blackberries :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
One ham wholemeal cob no spread and an sml apple . Ive been adventure park with kids but my sugars are extremely high dont understand

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One ham wholemeal cob no spread and an sml apple . Ive been adventure park with kids but my sugars are extremely high dont understand

Maybe the Cob, ANY bread with me, spikes me to over 10, as you know, We're all different

Reactions: 2 people

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast.tin of sardines,handful peanuts,sml apple,stick of celery, Tsp FF Greek yogurt ,tsp salsa .5.7 after 2hrs

Reactions: 2 people

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yummy sounds delicious! Unfortunately I couldn't manage that now I am taking my blood sugars, I would be flying, but before I would have enjoyed it all!

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a big lunch (largest lunch box in the office kitchen today :happy:) with half a cauliflower, two eggs, mustard sauce (home-made with a lot of butter, and white flour :angelic:), a handful of pumpkin seeds and then some roasted beetroot, two hours later I was at 4.7 :D, but then quite hungry before dinner.

AllyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bad manners, cottage cheese lol
Small handful of strawberries, egg salad with 2 large slice of corned beef, small bag of salted peanuts and my treat for the week 1 small twix finger really happy as in the last 6 weeks I have lost 21lbs

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.2
B coffee and cream
S Austrian air dried sausage like a posh pepperami
L 200g cottage cheese 1/ 2 mashed avocado,mint and some seeds with goji berries.
S slice of Edam cheese
D bowl of home made Hungarian goulash with a dollop of crime fraiche. Will defo make this again was fantastic,one of the best things I have ever cooked!
Treat small glass of red wine.

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
B/fast: grilled bacon, egg, beans, mushroom and a piece of toast with butter and white coffee.
Lunch: a large piece of melon, piece of thin bloomer with butter and 2 pieces of chicken roll.
Dinner: 4 veggie fingers, 2 beefburgers and 2 extremely small roasties.
I still have some perfecting and experimenting to do but thoroughly enjoying LCHF principles. Never been happier in the knowledge I can actually eat the foods I enjoy rather than should eat.(low fat)

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As I am waiting for my monitor and my C&C book, please can someone advise on what I am eating?

B I slice of granary bread with melted cheese, 2 cops of tea with semi skimmed milk
S I hard boiled egg with a spoonful of mayonnaise
L half a tub of cottage cheese and a large slice of melon
D Cheese salad with light dressing, lettuce carrots cabbage and 4 cherry tomatoes. Raspberries and double cream

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was so hungry after cycling 90 minutes today, so I had a large portion of courgette and aubergine fried with fresh marjoram, then I put the veggies on my plate and fried a fresh mackerel in the same pan. After that I stirred a small portion of brown rice through the fishy olive oil to heat it up. I ate it all with some tahini. My two-hours-post-meal reading is showing 6.2. I am so full and am happy with that :happy:!!

AllyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bad manners, cottage cheese lol
Dinner jumbo sausage, 3 slices of bacon, fried egg and 1 slice malted whole grain nimble. Snack. Small bag of salted peanuts couple slice of cheddar and an options hot chocolate with whipped cream

toglhot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Special K and coffee.
Lunch: Baked beans on muffin, 1/2 banana and 1 mandarin.
Afternoon tea: Two shortbread biscuits
Tea: Sausages, veges, piece of bread, dolop of icecream.
Supper: Two biscuits.

BGL out of wack due to steroidal meds for PMR, B/F 20ui, Lunch 25ui, Tea 30ui, bedtime 60ui.
Got my levels down to mostly under 9, still working on it...

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to Lidl yesterday and got some of their protein rolls. I had two of them with butter, cheese and cucumber slices this morning. Oh, it felt like sitting in a German bakery :hungry: I had quite a high post-breakfast reading (6.8), probably due to the large portion size, but therefore I am still full to the brink :)

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today two revita crackers with plain fresh tom on at 9 am and nothing since. My reading is 7.5 and I'm very confused as to why.. Does the menopause effect blood sugars as I'm not cheating at all I've increased my walking and I'm eating less weight not going up or down.. Aghhhhhhh driving me mad.. Was about to eat lunch and then see my readings

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today two revita crackers with plain fresh tom on at 9 am and nothing since. My reading is 7.5 and I'm very confused as to why.. Does the menopause effect blood sugars as I'm not cheating at all I've increased my walking and I'm eating less weight not going up or down.. Aghhhhhhh driving me mad.. Was about to eat lunch and then see my readings

Hi, sometimes my blood sugars are all over the place, too. When they are higher than expected, I tend to cut down on carbs at the next meal.

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you. For lunch I have green salad and ham. My sugars seem to be playing up since menopause was hoping some women type 2 might tell me it's normal :)

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. For lunch I have green salad and ham. My sugars seem to be playing up since menopause was hoping some women type 2 might tell me it's normal :)

Okay, I don't know much about menopause :sorry:

I had leftover mackerel with courgette and aubergine, plus a few tablespoons of brown rice :)