Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

A

asparagusp

5.5 today again and the hba1c result also today. A drop of 20 points to 60 despite some scary readings in Spain and France in the last six weeks. The consultant was very pleased. When I started insulin over a year ago, it was 120!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.5 at 0525 today.

A bit surprising as I only had Pork Bone soup last night. I didn't have any red wine which might have been lowering my previous readings. I ate earlier than usual 6pm instead of 9pm and had an early night, but didn't sleep well. I retested at 0725 and reading had gone up to 5.8, so it might have been a liver dump. I'll have an iced coffee an test again after an hour.

Edit: Well I retested at 0915, an hour after the iced coffee and reading was 10.8! Aaaargh!
So it might have been a liver dump or the effect of the iced coffee. I should have checked the ingredients label which I have now done, and it contains 8% sugar, and wheat, rye barley and oats! I will avoid it next year.

Last edited:

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good Morning! 5.5 at 0525 today.

A bit surprising as I only had Pork Bone soup last night. I didn't have any red wine which might have been lowering my previous readings. I ate earlier than usual 6pm instead of 9pm and had an early night, but didn't sleep well. I retested at 0725 and reading had gone up to 5.8, so it might have been a liver dump. I'll have an iced coffee an test again after an hour.

Edit: Well I retested at 0915, an hour after the iced coffee and reading was 10.8! Aaaargh!
So it might have been a liver dump or the effect of the iced coffee. I should have checked the ingredients label which I have now done, and it contains 8% sugar, and wheat, rye barley and oats! I will avoid it next year.
A lesson learnt.

Reactions: Prem51