Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
8.3 today! It is definitely coming down...

I had a small pack of salami and 2 coffees with cream for breakfast, went and did some digging... then had a pack of bacon with 2 fried eggs, 4 cherry tomatoes and half an avocado, with a good glug of olive oil at about 3 o'clock, with a pot of fresh ginger, fresh turmeric and lemon tea (yum!). Went to yoga (not very strenuous) for 6pm and then had some cheese strings and a pot of whipped cream with raspberries.

Will keep on the low low carb today... maybe I will be back in the 7s tomorrow! Running out of test strips before my next appt in 10 days... and the Libre has arrived in the UK ready for me to pick up.

Haven't taken the Lyxumia injection for 2 days... I feel so much better, and it doesn't seem to have had any effect on my bloods. Just a note.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.5 at 0600 today.
I think that includes a liver dump as I was 4.6 at 10pm last night, two hours after eating. When I tested at 4am the last couple of days my figure was the same as the night before.
I'm testing at night to use up my tests which will expire on Tuesday.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 today! It is definitely coming down...

I had a small pack of salami and 2 coffees with cream for breakfast, went and did some digging... then had a pack of bacon with 2 fried eggs, 4 cherry tomatoes and half an avocado, with a good glug of olive oil at about 3 o'clock, with a pot of fresh ginger, fresh turmeric and lemon tea (yum!). Went to yoga (not very strenuous) for 6pm and then had some cheese strings and a pot of whipped cream with raspberries.

Will keep on the low low carb today... maybe I will be back in the 7s tomorrow! Running out of test strips before my next appt in 10 days... and the Libre has arrived in the UK ready for me to pick up.

Haven't taken the Lyxumia injection for 2 days... I feel so much better, and it doesn't seem to have had any effect on my bloods. Just a note.
Great Low carb diet, very impressed!!:):)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Either 7.3 or 6.9. High for me but not a surprise as fish and chips and cheesecake for supper last night at the end of a weeks hollibobs. Had a fabulous time, off the diet with no guilt attached. Normal service resumes on Tuesday, so not expecting good readings for the next 3 days...:p:p:p:p