Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

6.3 for me today. In desperation I've gone back to my ALA/ vitamin B12 /vitamin B1 regime to try and get my low 5s and 4s back.

Off for another CT scan later...

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
But, it's still within range. :)

Can understand that but it is higher than normal ( av 6.0 ) yesterday was 6.8 so it is down since then but for weeks it's been on the average must admit though there's a lot going on around me at the moment so maybe that's effecting things

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9.1 this morning and 9.5 two hours after coffee and cream. Yesterday I had coffee and cream, a two egg omelette for lunch and smoked haddock and buttered sprouts for tea. No snacks, water to drink, no sign of any infections. Was 6.5 before I ate dinner and 7.4 after two hours. Had gone up to 8.3 before bed.
I am very, very confused.

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
S
hey you must create your own thread in the "ask a question" section, if you wan´t to start another subject, this thread is only for fasting/morning blood glucose and around that... because maybe 50 persons take part here the thread will soon miss focus if other discussions lead it astray

click this link and click at the green square in the upper right corner to create a thread :

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/ask-a-question.15/
9.1 this morning and 9.5 two hours after coffee and cream. Yesterday I had coffee and cream, a two egg omelette for lunch and smoked haddock and buttered sprouts for tea. No snacks, water to drink, no sign of any infections. Was 6.5 before I ate dinner and 7.4 after two hours. Had gone up to 8.3 before bed.
I am very, very confused.
Sorry I just realised that I should have just put 9.1 on this thread and saved the waffle for somewhere else.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just keep on going low carb and it will lower... if you are ill or have an infection your numbers can be higher from that, or in the cases where peoples pancreas do not produce enough insulin, in those cases the person will need added insuline for all future...

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a while in the naughty corner it's time for you to get on the straight and LCHF again :):):) hope you had a great holiday, sounds like you relaxed a little - as we all should ;)
Agreed. Straight and LCHF . Naughty corner only fun in short bursts.:):)

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
An uncomfortable 3.3 this morning. Tramadol brings my bgs down, I think. No metformin again due to its side affects. So reducing my insulin today, again. Pain must really make a big difference not a small one!
Hope you feel better soon.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An uncomfortable 3.3 this morning. Tramadol brings my bgs down, I think. No metformin again due to its side affects. So reducing my insulin today, again. Pain must really make a big difference not a small one!
Sorry you're suffering Vicky.:( Gentle hugs winging your way.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning All

6.3 for me today. In desperation I've gone back to my ALA/ vitamin B12 /vitamin B1 regime to try and get my low 5s and 4s back.

Off for another CT scan later...
Hope 6s aren't causing any complications @Tim55

D

Deleted member 308541

Welcome to the first day of Autumn readings, 6.5 at 5:00 am.

Have got my averages down again last month, 30 day average was 6.22 and the 90 day average was 6.29.

I wonder if it will go much lower than these figures, I have got blood tests arranged for Friday so will be interesting to see what my hba1c is for the past three months.