Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a very restless night with the remains of a cold and difficulty breathing, so had to use Beconase nasel spray and Ventolin inhaler. Nothing I shouldn't have eaten yesterday and 22 hrs of fasting.
14.1 at 07.15 not good. Very bad leg cramp through the night too.
Sorry to hear you're poorly.:( Hope you get more sleep tonight.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very pleasant fbg 6.1 with no liver block but a up and down day yesterday. A very informative afternoon/evening about my hopefully upcoming bariatric surgery. :) :) :)
No hypos for 2 days too :) :) :)
A very pleasant fbg 6.1 with no liver block but a up and down day yesterday. A very informative afternoon/evening about my hopefully upcoming bariatric surgery. :) :) :)
No hypos for 2 days too :) :) :)
Super duper:):):)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10.3, I'm confused it's higher than when I went to bed!
Sounds like your liver may be producing glucose. Perhaps try and keep a food diary to discover the culprit. I find that eating any meat protein earlier in the day and having something like a baby bell cheese, a few pork scratchings or a little low release carb before 9pm helps. Red wine is good also :)

Reactions: paula121s and Tim55

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After a very restless night with the remains of a cold and difficulty breathing, so had to use Beconase nasel spray and Ventolin inhaler. Nothing I shouldn't have eaten yesterday and 22 hrs of fasting.
14.1 at 07.15 not good. Very bad leg cramp through the night too.
Drink water. You may also need a bit of salt. Feel for you as I am up and down most nights with leg cramps.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 at 0500 this morning. Spent the day yesterday riding round the Yorkshire Dales :)

20170511_113339.jpg

Last edited:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
9.3 @ 6am

Woken up by really bad cramp in left calf after a night of weird dreams. Just over 5 wks until son's wedding, so starting to worry about what could go wrong (probably won't), so have now got cold sores on my lip and had migraine yesterday.... But not comfort eating :) Same stress pattern when my daughter got married.