Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@DJNRG000 Hello and welcome to the Forum :) Here, in my signature, are links to the Basic Information we give to new members and to the Low Carb Program which I hope will help you. Ask questions and someone will help.

Reactions: callyandy

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 15.4 I'm type 2 any advice would be great can't stop falling asleep lately.
try to count your grams of carbs in your food and try to get under 100 grams of carbs in a day , then your numbers will probably go down.
if you eat a breakfast without any carbs it is easier, like avocado , or cheese and ham (NO BREAD) or bacon and eggs then it is much easier to keep carbs levels low

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
@pleinster i don't know what "dawn phenomenon" means. The post meal level was 7.2.

The liver and associated systems acts to prepare us for the energy we will expend in the day ahead...which often result sin glucose being dumped into the body..increasing our waking levels. Morning levels are therefore not necessarily our lowest. It should get lower the better your levels are generally.

Reactions: Liam1955

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Good Morning. I had my first low carb day yesterday and BS has gone from 13 to 8.9. Will it continue to drop significantly if I keep low carving?

That's nice progress. It will if you keep dropping if you keep low carbing...but if you keep low carving, all you will do is hurt your back. ;)

Reactions: paula121s

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Mine was 15.4 I'm type 2 any advice would be great can't stop falling asleep lately.

Cut carbohydrate content...there's loads of food that's fine but cut the carbs right down. check out LCHF on this site.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I turned 55 yesterday...and promised myself a day off of testing and a croissant for breakfast and burger n chips for lunch IF my waking level was 6.0 or under. It was 6.0. I was a bad boy. Let's see what the next one brings.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I turned 55 yesterday...and promised myself a day off of testing and a croissant for breakfast and burger n chips for lunch IF my waking level was 6.0 or under. It was 6.0. I was a bad boy. Let's see what the next one brings.
I've put mine down to an experiment as to whether I'll peak before the time I normally have a liver dump. No more liver dumps on toujeo300 insulin. :) :) :)